All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
At 30Hz its doing almost nothing and artifacts are even worse even at 46Hz (matching old).
Are you using the new "Act as if highpass is at start" setting?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
BETA009 is available!
Hi Hans

It appears that the audio for Normal Out is currently mono when "Synchronize to input or FM output" is set to AUTO and ON.

Regards

Ross
Found the cause, the next build (probably Monday or Tuesday night) will be ok again.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:07 am 

Quote:
Quote:
At 30Hz its doing almost nothing and artifacts are even worse even at 46Hz (matching old).
Yes that was ON by default.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ow. That's wrong. I'll check that.

Don't get me wrong: It's usually a good thing that it's on. But it will cause more of those artifacts. And having it on is different from before, so it should definitely be off if you load an older preset.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:21 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ow. That's wrong. I'll check that.

Don't get me wrong: It's usually a good thing that it's on. But it will cause more of those artifacts. And having it on is different from before, so it should definitely be off if you load an older preset.
It's clear what is happening with sweep.

Legacy 30Hz and next is New at 39Hz.
https://i.imgur.com/x8Q5vF7.png

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:25 am 
Site Admin

Ah I see it now. As soon as you disable Legacy, that new setting gets enabled as well. That makes sense (since you're changing things manually at that point already).

While this is clearly bad for sweeps, it's better for actual music. If you don't believe me, try this (more extreme) setting:
- HPF at 60 Hz
- Turn that new setting ("Act as if") on and off, and you'll hear far more bass with it on than off.

Note that if for some reason you have a lot of very low frequencies, it might actually be bad - but that shouldn't normally be the case.

Setting Quality to 150% will greatly improve things, by the way.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:44 am 

Quote:
Ah I see it now. As soon as you disable Legacy, that new setting gets enabled as well. That makes sense (since you're changing things manually at that point already).

While this is clearly bad for sweeps, it's better for actual music. If you don't believe me, try this (more extreme) setting:
- HPF at 60 Hz
- Turn that new setting ("Act as if") on and off, and you'll hear far more bass with it on than off.

Note that if for some reason you have a lot of very low frequencies, it might actually be bad - but that shouldn't normally be the case.

Setting Quality to 150% will greatly improve things, by the way.
I know all that. AGC and MB acts like all is filtered.. how it should be.. but artifacts that are present since ever (except at 150Q) are worse and less filtering occures. Do same for legacy and it will be better.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Legacy mode 30 Hz vs new mode 40 Hz:
Attachment:
Legacy30_New40.png
Legacy30_New40.png [ 29.01 KiB | Viewed 4637 times ]
At 41 Hz the new mode looks cleaner, at 39 Hz it looks pretty bad. So I guess certain frequencies have issues. But, 30 old vs 40 new is virtually the same (and 41 new actually looks nicer). I just checked and 29 Hz in Legacy mode also looks really bad, more or less the same as 39 in new mode.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:59 am 

Hmm it's not like that here. actually close to legacy is 37-38Hz
O and its before MB and not before AGC.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:02 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hmm it's not like that here. actually close to legacy is 37-38Hz
O and its before MB and not before AGC.
The behavior of the old one also depended on the sample rate; I tested at 44.1. So that might give different results. About MB and AGC: To reduce the bad effects from lower frequencies, they are both filtering at different frequencies. AGC by default at 10 Hz below the selected frequency, so 20 Hz if you set it to 30. That's what those 2 other settings are for.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next