All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.23
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 pm 

Quote:
Hm, no... it looks like that value on the left (which indicates constant drift over a longer period of time) is somehow completely corrupted. Does this happen directly after starting, or after some time?
Can be anywhere from 60 seconds to 30 minutes after starting with no real pattern to it.
I saw it once in v9.22 and assumed it may have been a graphics driver glitch - a restart seemed to fix it.
With v9.23 it seemed to be reproducible after restarts but occurred at random times.

Rossco

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:50 pm 

Quote:
Oi! A value was not initialized, so it just contained some random number. For some reason beyond me, this never showed up before (the bug has been there for at least 6-12 months). And it never showed up in my Valgrind tests either. And you're the only person who mentioned this. Very very odd.
Great to know you found something! I wanted to make sure I had everything ticked off before reaching out to you with the issue (did the audio, video driver updates etc routines first!).

So would this also attributing to or affecting how the buffer/syncing was being calculated? It seemed that after the corrupted numbers appeared the likelihood of it then having the buffer "drain" for that output device grew considerably. Once it started, it seemed never to be able to recover (pull it back in the opposite direction) until it hit either end of the buffer and restarted.

Regards

Rossco

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:50 am 
Site Admin

Yes that makes sense. The sync feature combines several clock measurements, and one of the values was way off - pushing the buffer to some random direction.

The next build will be ok again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:30 pm 

Also confirming I experienced loss of correct audio sync. I let it run since release and it got pretty dang glitchy :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:33 pm 

strange..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:11 am 

Dropped in as I've come across something related to this thread discussion on a site... Although its a i3 (2core/2threads) 4Ghz site.. the i7 3.6Ghz (4 cores, 4 threads) sites are not exhibiting the same results. All are configured for 4 threads in processing.