All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.23
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 pm 

Quote:
If I turn on the matrix, do I have to turn off all stereo effects? Or just the AGC stereo?
That's up to you, of course. But AGC in matrix mode can be used instead of the other stereo effects.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I did not understand the first question.

of course. if I move l + r to l-r at 20% the problem does not exist
If you enable Matrix mode without any limit it will get out of control as it will try to level your L-R to the same target as the L+R. If there's very little stereo content (what I would expect on news and probably ads) it will boost that little bit by a lot. Use the channel mix or the channel linking settings to prevent it from moving too far away from the L+R. I use L+R to L-R channel mix on 35%, Below-threshold L-R boost at +4dB and channel linking at +6dB.
Tnx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:11 pm 

guys I have no words, hans congratulations, extraordinary work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:04 am 

Quote:
guys I have no words, hans congratulations, extraordinary work.
Good evening Hans, I confirm you are the lord of algorithms 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:35 pm 

I must say Hans, I am really impressed on your stamina to stick with this project so long and the beauty you have given us. Thank you, I just received my key for the Advanced Dynamics. Whoohoo!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:49 pm 

Hi Hans and team,

The new update is amazing. The Linux Jack version does still not support multiple instances, because they all want to be named 'stereo_tool' in jack. If they would call themselves the same as the executable, it is easily fixed. For now, I use a hex editor to rename all instances of the word 'tool' in the executable to 'too2' and 'too3' for the other two instances. That works for me...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hans and team,

The new update is amazing. The Linux Jack version does still not support multiple instances, because they all want to be named 'stereo_tool' in jack. If they would call themselves the same as the executable, it is easily fixed. For now, I use a hex editor to rename all instances of the word 'tool' in the executable to 'too2' and 'too3' for the other two instances. That works for me...
Good one. I think I just fixed it, we'll have to see whether the next Linux build runs without errors...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:43 am 

Quote:
Stereo Tool 9.23 is released!
Hi Hans

Started v9.23 after install and noticed the FM buffer drifting with the figures below.
Attachment:
ST923_FM_Sync.jpg
ST923_FM_Sync.jpg [ 41.49 KiB | Viewed 6707 times ]
The buffer (M) ended up running down from 1.0 to 0 - ended up with stuttering on FM, after which it reset and started drifting towards 0 again!
I *think* I have stablised it by setting Relative, Max Dyn, Max Const, Speed on start adjustments all to zero from 0.5% which have been set for ages.

Have you seen this before?

Input, Input 2, Output, LQLL are ASIO, with FM being Non ASIO. Card is set to 192k and ST opens it fine.

Regards

Rossco

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Hm, no... it looks like that value on the left (which indicates constant drift over a longer period of time) is somehow completely corrupted. Does this happen directly after starting, or after some time?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

Oi! A value was not initialized, so it just contained some random number. For some reason beyond me, this never showed up before (the bug has been there for at least 6-12 months). And it never showed up in my Valgrind tests either. And you're the only person who mentioned this. Very very odd.