All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:53 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is - what happened? It's better here. For values below 1, especially very low values (buffer almost empty), it wasn't correcting enough. (M was between 0.5 and 2, that was wrong and it's now between 0 and 2).
Beside that it's always late to read current postiion of buffer, beside that it's reading 'wrong sample(?)' (buffer fluctate fastly few samples up and down, visible on buffer bar, it reads top and sometimes bottom of fluctation), etc.. now it knows to stuck to M=2.0000 and never move from that place.
Ow. And what is the buffer filling display, and what's the 'x' value?
Ah, Extra Delay was not 0, I dont even know what is that slider for when it's never working when it's not at 0? Anyway all other problems remains.
Also other "Quality" settings then 100 is again different behavior, but still very same.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Ah, Extra Delay was not 0, I dont even know what is that slider for when it's never working when it's not at 0? Anyway all other problems remains.
Also other "Quality" settings then 100 is again different behavior, but still very same.
Ok that would explain that. Could it be that your CPU load is too high, so any small fluctuation (also in what Windows does) causes small offsets?

I've had it run all night here, with 3 different sound cards (input - FM out - normal out), FM output was at 1.0000 every time I looked, Normal M varies between 0.9986 and 1.0000. (x is still displayed as 1.0000 for 0.9986, but it is resampling a few digits further down).

For non-ASIO I/O, for a 1 second buffer, jumps in M between 0.96 and 1.04 are to be expected.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Since Basstardizer was removed, does the button to turn it on/off in the Web Interface do anything to the sound? I couldn't tell much of a difference, but that might be because I can't turn Basstardizer up to make a noticeable difference. I know the web interface is low on your priorities though and not very many people use it.
The slider was removed from the main screen because Immersive Bass does a much better job - but you can still find it under Processing -> Bass effects -> Basstardizer.

I didn't put Immersive in the main window (not yet anyway) because it's too easy to ruin the sound by setting it up incorrectly. You can make really great effects with it but all other filters need to be set up properly to handle the extra power at the band where it's active, otherwise it can easily kill the deep bass for example. So I didn't want to put it in the "Quick Adjust" section.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
There's no button to turn off licensed features in the web interface?
It's there.. I just tested it and it works too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I'll ask you one stupid question. Could you transfer the new window settings to the MBs and compressors? Here you can also set a window, and this could also be useful here, or am I completely mistaken? :roll:
It might be - but I'm not sure how useful Window is there in the first place. I might do this later, if it appears to be useful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:04 am 
Site Admin

BETA019 is available.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:59 pm 

Oh, I have another question about the license changes of the "dynamic ratio". You had described in any of the previous betas that you wanted to remove it from the licensing. So I just ask the question if it will be a basic functionality in the future, which is free, so to speak, or if you need a different license for it. I'm asking for a radio station that I'm in charge of with regard to the sound, and they didn't have this feature in their license yet. So the question would be whether they could use it in the future anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:13 pm 

Quote:
The slider was removed from the main screen because Immersive Bass does a much better job - but you can still find it under Processing -> Bass effects -> Basstardizer.

I didn't put Immersive in the main window (not yet anyway) because it's too easy to ruin the sound by setting it up incorrectly. You can make really great effects with it but all other filters need to be set up properly to handle the extra power at the band where it's active, otherwise it can easily kill the deep bass for example. So I didn't want to put it in the "Quick Adjust" section.
The slider for Basstardizer's gone, but the button not in the quick adjust section was there for me? One more thing could the gain on the bass/mids/presence/highs controls be adjusted more than 6? I know density can, but that doesn't seem to affect the sound all that much.
Thanks great app!