Post subject: Stereo Tool 9.22 BETA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 am 
Site Admin

Latest version - Beta 009

Downloads
Changes/bugfixes
  • More IMD tests - Waiting for feedback from Wes -> OK
  • Turn new filter on by default? -> Yes
  • Removed Pre-clipper protection stages slider - no noticeable effect on CPU load so we're just using the maximum now.
  • Removed "Composite" checkbox, instead there are now 2 different Improved selections in the top menu.

TODO's
  • Add version number to DLL's
  • Update presets? Paul Thompson new preset, Dutch Moose, Wes, Bojcha?
  • Release
  • Later: New RMS in Analog? Seems to work, but too risky to do now.
  • Later: Check why highs reduce bass kicks in ABDP when using Highs Priority > 0 (but not deep bass)
  • <OD> at end of RDS RT text not handled correctly by 1 receiver if the number of characters before it is not an even number. "TEST 1" is ok, "TEST 12" is not, "TEST 123" is ok again, "TEST 1234" is wrong. (Wrong = last character is cut off).

Older versions
Quote:
Beta 008

Downloads
Changes/bugfixes
  • Fix RT+ toggle etc. - RT+ is now updated such that supporting receivers ALWAYS show RT+ data and never revert to normal RT display if not needed.
Quote:
Beta 007

Downloads
Changes/bugfixes
  • Optimized new filter
  • Add multi-threading to new filter
  • Fix Valgrind warnings
  • Fix Linux open window (fails sometimes)
  • Fix Linux reset affinity mask - Woops, was wrong on Windows as well.
Quote:
Beta 006

Downloads
Changes/bugfixes
  • Performance: Skip bass/highs level measurement for Smart Bands mode -> No, just removed Smart Bands mode
  • Make high-highs part flatter (now it overreacts to high-highs and pushes them down too much in Smart Bands mode) -> No, just removed Smart Bands mode
  • Remove Compensate ABDP highs clip level, let it be determined based on Legacy/other mode
  • Changed Bass/Highs default value to 200 (was 250, 400 before).
  • Add a warning when using Legacy mode. The difference is FAR too big to not show a warning.
Quote:
Beta 005

Downloads
Changes/bugfixes
  • Decide between method 1 or 2 of fixing highs -> No, keeping both. Method 2 is probably better, but method 1 leaves more top-end through. And method 2 uses more CPU.
  • Optimize performance if method 2 is chosen
  • Clean up code
  • Clean up GUI
  • Default setting must be 9.21 audio
  • Update version numbers - uMPX, WatchCat, ST
Quote:
Beta 004

Downloads
Changes/bugfixes
  • FM: Clipper: Added better protection against extreme tones in clipper, and fixed extreme slopes in some places. Result is a much better sound with sometimes more than 3 dB difference compared to the previous versions! (And, that's 3 dB closer to what it sounds like without clipping).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

BETA007 is available!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:49 pm 

Quote:
BETA007 is available!
I would love to try the new version, but unfortunately there is no 64-bit version of Windows VST anywhere. With the older betas there were mostly more and more released versions.

Next question: Is this a new system for releasing betas? In the old threads the previously published versions were never in the very first post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:03 pm 

“Fix RT+ toggle etc.”

Do you mean trying to solve this : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23608 ?
That would be great!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
“Fix RT+ toggle etc.”

Do you mean trying to solve this : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23608 ?
That would be great!!!
Hm, it's not exactly that. But there was an issue with switching between RT+ texts which looked ugly on some receivers - for a few seconds the RT text was shown before it got split into the actual info. That's fixed as of today :) . Haven't seen this 00 issue yet, and the person who had this problem was actually using MagicRDS - and it's not happening there (and he did have some lines without a separator). Maybe it's what happens on an empty string - I THINK that I fixed that a few weeks ago, if so, these beta's should already not do that anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
BETA007 is available!
I would love to try the new version, but unfortunately there is no 64-bit version of Windows VST anywhere. With the older betas there were mostly more and more released versions.

Next question: Is this a new system for releasing betas? In the old threads the previously published versions were never in the very first post.
1. I can re-enable that one... I can run 4 builds simultaneously, once I do 5 the build time almost doubles. Which is why I removed it. Will put it back, and see if the build time also doubles if I try to use Hyperthreading.

2. Yes, that's the plan...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:45 pm 

Quote:
1. I can re-enable that one... I can run 4 builds simultaneously, once I do 5 the build time almost doubles. Which is why I removed it. Will put it back, and see if the build time also doubles if I try to use Hyperthreading.
Thanks for the information! I didn't realize that meant so much effort for you. In the last betas almost all versions were available, so that everybody had the possibility to do a test. I must honestly admit that for me the 32-bit version is no longer very popular, because I only have 64-bit audio programs, and they can't load 32-bit plugins by default. It's all very stupid. There are 32 to 64-bit bridges, but I haven't had such good experiences with them. And especially with big plugins like StereoTool with several thousand plugin parameters these additional components are additional hurdles and new sources of errors. So I couldn't take part in the tests anymore. Maybe you'll find a solution that is compatible for everyone. It would also be enough for me if every second released version was 64-bit capable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

I've added it now, we'll see what happens... (with build time). Anyway I usually build at night, if the build finishes in time I can post it here before I go to bed, otherwise it's when I get up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:45 am 
Site Admin

BETA008 is available!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

BETA009 is available! The new clipper highs protection settings are now enabled by default, and I've removed the separate number of steps and composite checkboxes (instead, there's an extra mode in the selection box; the 5 stagses didn't have any noticeable effect on CPU load so I just removed the setting.)

I'm planning a release build this weekend.