All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.20
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:19 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
For audience measurement, see https://www.kantarmedia.com/
Sounds dangerous.
How would that work? One would need to use a special player that could read the watermark and then report it back over the internet to kantar. Why would any user use such a player?
Same as PPM in the US.

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.20
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:53 am 

I think there's something wrong with the latest version of Stereo Tool (9.21 downloaded from download page). I use the DSP-plugin version with the latest version of MediaMonkey.

The problem is especially regarding all the Mousse presets. First of all Mousse, Mousse Hits, Mousse Smooth and Mousse Loud all sound identical to each other when switching between them from the Web Radio presets menu. Also can't see any changes in the preset settings between them all. Only Mousse Bass has slightly different settings.

But then in the Europe FM menu, Mousse Hits sounds really different. It has a lot of treble when listening with MediaMonkey. Then I exported the Mousse Hits Europe FM preset to an .sts file to be used with WatchCat. But the output file doesn't sound anything like it was playing with MediaMonkey.

So is it something with the MediaMonkey? Or the plugin version of ST?

Summary:
- All Mousse presets sound identical in the Web Radio and Europe FM menu, except Mousse Bass and Mousse Hits Europe FM.
- Output file processed with WatchCat Mousse Hits Europe FM sounds different than playing it with MediaMonkey with the same preset.

EDIT
Actually I don't think it's a bug/problem with MediaMonkey because just now I tested the Dutch Moose PFD2018 Europe FM preset both in MediaMonkey and with a WatchCat processed file. The output file sounds exactly like played with MediaMonkey and it sounds really good.