All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1015 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Capture2.PNG

can somebody please tell me where the switch for this red "dynamic ratio" is located, just loaded preset in 9.10 and I get this, never turned anything on but I can't get it off either
In all the compressors, there'a Ratio setting, but also a Max ratio and Max ratio at. If those are used (Max ratio at higher than Ratio), that's this feature. I don't know which of the compressors it can be, it's probably either those in MB1, MB2 or the singleband compressor at the end.
tnxs for the quick reply, I did change that for 3 bands indeed, didn't expect this to be a license issue

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:43 am 

Hans, can you please check Pre-Limiter used with Normal limit making some strange effect with thresh under 3-4dB at 64 bands or less.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans, can you please check Pre-Limiter used with Normal limit making some strange effect with thresh under 3-4dB at 64 bands or less.
Ah, it's indeed not switched off when you use limiting. Will fix that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:24 pm 

Quote:
Immersive Bass never removes deep bass (I've just measured it to make sure, it actually even adds a bit). There are no phase issues, not in the latest few beta's anymore (there were back when it was called Bassmathijzer). But, it's at the start of the chain, so it could be that things like Auto EQ, Bass EQ, multiband compressors and the bass clipper are pushing the deep bass down more if you add more warm bass.
Just listened to it standalone: You are right. It was just the standard settings that makes it sound like it does. I hear a lot of harmonic distortion on certain parts of music. For example on intro's where you only hear a (clean) kick drum. Setting the output lowpass frequency to 45Hz gives a better balance to my ears. These are currently my settings:

Attachments:
ScreenHunter_191 Dec. 06 16.19.jpg
ScreenHunter_191 Dec. 06 16.19.jpg [ 34.41 KiB | Viewed 4100 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Immersive Bass never removes deep bass (I've just measured it to make sure, it actually even adds a bit). There are no phase issues, not in the latest few beta's anymore (there were back when it was called Bassmathijzer). But, it's at the start of the chain, so it could be that things like Auto EQ, Bass EQ, multiband compressors and the bass clipper are pushing the deep bass down more if you add more warm bass.
Just listened to it standalone: You are right. It was just the standard settings that makes it sound like it does. I hear a lot of harmonic distortion on certain parts of music. For example on intro's where you only hear a (clean) kick drum. Setting the output lowpass frequency to 45Hz gives a better balance to my ears. These are currently my settings:
For clean kick drum you can also reduce the Min amplification slider. That's what it does: It controls how much harmonics it may add if there's absolutely nothing there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:36 pm 

Quote:
Stereo Tool 9.12 BETA014

[*] Linux MicroMPX version (32 bit)[/color]
[*] Linux MicroMPX version (64 bit)[/color]
Hans, are these downloadable ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Stereo Tool 9.12 BETA014

Not yet. This is x86 Linux, not Pi (you can use the existing versions for that).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Stereo Tool 9.12 BETA014

Not yet. This is x86 Linux, not Pi (you can use the existing versions for that).
:D aaahh ok, thanks !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
But would be good to work together :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But would be good to work together :)
Not possible :( unfortunately. Not without big changes in how things work anyway. And then it would still sound weird. So I'm disabling it now, as it should have been.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1015 Next