Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Stereo Tool 9.03 BETA033
- RELEASE CANDIDATE
Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 03-033.exe
Winamp DSP: https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 03-033.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 03-033.dll
Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 03-033.exe
VST: https://www.stereotool.com/download/vst ... 03-033.dll
Windows MicroMPX web based decoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 03-033.exe
Windows MicroMPX web based encoder: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 03-033.exe
Windows MicroMPX command line enc/dec: https://www.stereotool.com/download/Mic ... 03-033.exe
Windows libsndfile-1.dll (needed for MicroMPX decoder and command line version, place in same directory): MicroMPX command line enc/dec: https://www.stereotool.com/download/libsndfile-1.dll
- Fixed declipper display bug in input (wrong samples were red) for > 1 threads.
- Bug: MB clipper display hangs when clipper is disabled, should be reset
- VST 30 euro version
- Bojcha: Bass clipper asymmetry mode kills some normal symmetric bass -> Shouldn't be needed anymore anyway (clipper has been greatly improved since that option was added), turned it off by default.
- Adjust Dutch Moose
- MicroMPX encoder: Turn Rate limiter on by default. Find good default settings. (Set to 20 kbit/s).
- Updated Bojcha's DynaRider preset
- RDS: RT+ issue Jeroen (3s: makes RT+ go on and off)
- RDS: UECP: Decoder was skipping short (4 bytes or less) commands at the end of a message.
- Fix showing license valid date in MicroMPX and SST - showed 1924 instead of unlimited.
- Kantar: Input level was wrong, causing audible artifacts.
- Difference reported between 8.54 vs 9.02 -> Tested, not there.
- Make sure BIMP works
- Fixed possible crash in Dehummer continuous learning mode
- Decreased Dehummer continuous learning mode minimum time from 1 second to 0.1 second. Helps with reverb.
- Made VST parameter names unique (except parameter eq's, they still need to be done)
- Made UECP PSN, DSN etc. display in hex instead of decimal in GUI.
- MicroMPX encoder now also added to DSP and VST plugins!
- GUI crash or bad display in logged out mode when restarting after closing logged in in a specific submenu fixed.
- Fixed GUI crash in plugins when going to I/O submenu (which is now merged with the main Config menu again).
- Fix GUI crash in 915x577 screen size on non-4K screens.
- Put something on I/O page (it's empty now)
- Put Dutch Moose and PFD presets in SST
- Add Kantar support
- Added PFD preset (literally dozens of people requested that). Still need to change the name, it's the 2nd Dutch Moose in the list (the name is too long, so I'll rename it to just PFD 2018)
- Add MicroMPX decoder abonneer-IP
- Fri: SST/uMPX interface
- The BIMP on LQLL
- Bug fix: Dehummer had a crackle since version 014. That's back to normal again now.
- Test MicroMPX with Stokkemask - 0.5 dB -> Changing setting in Stereo Tool helps
- Show a warning if Quality it not set to 150% for Latency 128 and 256.
- Bass Clipper sounds horrible at 128, True Bass at 128 and 256 -> disabled.
- Update Dutch Moose
- Clipper: Bass section lowpass freqs should not be too close at latency 512, 256, 128. (Noticeable in Dutch Moose preset)
- Check that The BIMP works, maybe add parametric eq
- MicroMPX rate limiter
- 192 kHz input is broken! Output is mono, something is going wrong
- SST ID's
- Crackle in 2nd PDF track -> Improved
- Allow lower latency (6 ms, 9 ms)
- Improve clipper sound 1-6 kHz area
- License The BIMP
- Updated Paul Thompson's and Bojcha's presets
- Updated Dutch Moose preset (more highs. less deep bass, less stereo widening, sounds much cleaner)
- Stok: Lower samplerates look less good (and that makes no sense test without LOWER) -> 44.1 is ok now (-0.01 dB), 40 kHz is clearly lower (-0.20 dB), still way better than before (it was more than -0.40 dB in 9.02).
- Add MicroMPX plugin licensing 
- Fix Pi build (Stokkemask NEON code)
- Update LogInOut code
- New Stokkemask mode now works well in all Strictness settings above 7 (below 7 it's not very strict)
- Stok: Post filter caused NANs
- Stok: Move start point to later stage? (TUESDAY)
- Cleanup code for VST3 David
- Turn BIMP *OFF*
- DrawWave draws outside of screen in FM analyzer (TUESDAY) - apparently ok
- Include MicroMPX - for real now 
- Hide Matrix Stereo for now
- Stok: Add post filter
- Stok: Legacy CPU load back to that of 9.02
- API: Audio signal VU meter, info about whether stream is good NOW.
- Started with matrix-based stereo widener; not happy yet.
- Stokkemask NAN and other exceptions solved. (from previous beta)
- Stokkemask threading issue solved. (from previous beta)
- Stok: Remove overlap shortcut for stricter result (increases CPU).
- Stok: Measure mask in every stage for stricter result (increases CPU).
- Stok: Apply measured results in every stage for stricter result (increases CPU).
- Stok: Replace L-R reduction in final stages by total volume reduction.
- Stok: Figure out how to adjust shape at different sample rates -> Found correct Gaussian window sigma value instead, applied for both processing and display (which were set differently before!)
- Stok: Replace "Looseness (sounds better)" by something that moves the mask up and down.
- Stok: 1e stage only inner
- Stok: More steps at end, needs to be both tighter and have less effect (is that last thing still needed???)
- Stok: Try reducing the audio level in the final stage - lowering highs has proven useless at that point. --> SEEMS TO WORK, but only do this as the last stage!
- MicroMPX SWEEP
- Fixed a crash in the "Limit instead" code (Advanced Clipper).
- Removed (moved to Extreme Tweaker for possible future testing) some Stokkemask settings that had a bad effect on compliance. Good settings are 50% / 30% / 40 dB (without the 40 dB it should be fne too, but there's a bigger chance at overshoots at the bottom of the mask. 100% for the first value increases overshoots!!!!! 39 and 38 should be safe as well - but I haven't had time to measure those separately anymore. Anyway in the older versions this value was set to 0....... Setting it higher may cause an audio quality reduction.
- Crash fixed
- Stokkemask: Try I/Q Clipper mode, highs are coming out slightly too loud, due to LPF? Might be good enough... -> Idea doesn't work
- Stokkemask: We don't care about CPU load, try adding more stages -> No effect
- Stokkemask: Default back to 50% for safety - that way we don't have to worry about breaking older versions. And we still get 90% of the improvement that way.
- More experimental stokkemask settings added.
- Stokkemask: Improved further (looks about equally strict, but I can squeeze over 1 dB more anti-phase content through than with 9.02). NOTE: SETTINGS ARE DEFAULTING TO 9.02 BEHAVIOR BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW YET IF THE SIGNAL IS EQUALLY STRICT, AND I DON'T WANT SOMEONE TO GET FINED FOR HAVING STOKKEMASK OVERSHOOTS. To get the new behavior, set "New looseness 1" higher (50% should definitely be safe, I'm not sure about 100%), "New looseness 2" to 30%, and "Side level" to 40.
- Improved Stokkemask - output is stricter (closer to the mask), so it has less impact on stereo separation. (*)
- Memory usage reduced by about 12 MB
- Verify correct BS412 levels for Dutch Moose and Dynarider
- Make installers for MicroMPX on Windows
- Backup audio doesn't go to LQLL
- VST for DJB
- Test Kantar -> FAILED.
- Hiccups in display
- AF method B
- RDS AF method B, longer lists
- Pi 64 bit builds on the site
- MicroMPX: highs idea BUSY -> Find beta testers TEST STOKKEMASK EFFECT TOMORROW
- Test sound card DONE - now what?
- Linux multiple instances
- Matrix stereo widener BUSY, problem with suddenly loud stereo (goes down in level, makes everything pump - badly). Try running L+R with a slower attack speed, if that doesn't sound good, remove it.
- Fake stereo idea
- Optimize Stokkemask post filter
- RDS urgent issue
- Cntrct IN
- Show warning when using MME with wrong sample rate
- Test preset that causes buffer to run empty - why? --> Settings issue, maybe add a popup for this situation (buffer is slowly filling up or running empty)...
- Bug report: Linux version uses 100% CPU on one thread, even in bypass mode (must be sound card thread?) -> Not here. Not sure what's going on.....
- Test 64 bit sound card exception handling in ProppFrexx - that wasn't the problem... apparently
- Declipper: Put startup in system tray back in Declipper (at least in the Winamp plugin version).
- RDS: EON: Support for other type of AF frequencies?
- RDS: Support for AF method B
- RDS: RT end at \n
- Brian, NAB
- uMPX encoder/plugin: Sound card speed message
- uMPX decoder: Add multicast subscribe
- Add MagicRDS AF method B support
New vs old Stokkemask measurement numbers, relative to 48 kHz no stokkemask, for audio with quite extreme stereo. Numbers are L-R loudness, L loudness
Freq old/new L-R L
48 kHz no Stokkemask: 0.00, 0.00 (reference)
48 kHz new Stokkemask: -0.62, -0.27 (0.46, 0.10 better than old!)
44.1 kHz new Stokkemask: -0.63, -0.22 (0.54, 0.11 better than old!)
40 kHz new Stokkemask: -0.82, -0.29 (0.65, 0.14 better than old!)
48 kHz old Stokkemask: -1.08, -0.37
44.1 kHz old Stokkemask: -1.17, -0.33
40 kHz old Stokkemask: -1.47, -0.43