All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 629 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:15 pm
Posts: 149
Location: Nederland
I saw hou are using Windows 10..thats the whole problem.
I use Windows 7 x64 and dont have any problems.
But you protect XP and i saw Windows 10..

_________________
Garbage in is Garbage out !


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 3498
Quote:
I saw hou are using Windows 10..thats the whole problem.
I use Windows 7 x64 and dont have any problems.
But you protect XP and i saw Windows 10..
That's my working PC and i need damn win10 there because other things. For example i now have 4x NVMe in it. NVMe is not natively supported in Win7.

_________________
control point


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 9923
<SNAP>

===> Edit: After talking with Bojcha, this also affects older versions on his system with the same c0000005 error, it must be a system/Windows install issue. Very odd though!


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:15 pm
Posts: 149
Location: Nederland
Its wil support, by Windows 7, but you need to slipstream the driver update for the "standard " one
Sombody told me Bojcha ;)

_________________
Garbage in is Garbage out !


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 3498
Quote:
Its wil support, by Windows 7, but you need to slipstream the driver update for the "standard " one
Sombody told me Bojcha ;)
I know but i am lazy for that.

_________________
control point


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:04 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 3498
Quote:
<SNAP>
===> Edit: After talking with Bojcha, this also affects older versions on his system with the same c0000005 error, it must be a system/Windows install issue. Very odd though!
I WILL found what couses this! Something that i installed or other..

_________________
control point


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:39 am
Posts: 32
Errors involving system files (like ntdll.dll) are mostly caused within the software itself. Had issues pointing to system files too in their exceptions, only to find out it was somewhere in my own code. Stereo Tool 9.00 does run fine here though on Windows 7.

Windows 10 is doing some strange things every now and then. Latest mystery here with a piece of software for example is a whole system freeze when scrolling on 1804 (doesn't happen on older OS'es). Side note: 1804 also comes with a audio device sleep feature. Not a bad idea to disable that in the registry as there are already complaints floating around the internet about issues with that feature.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:04 pm 

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:03 pm
Posts: 143
Location: Utah, USA
Quote:
Just tried 32 bit VST... working here too.
All Night, my issue wasn't that VST 32-bit wasn't working. It was just a strange behavior that popped up a blank screen that you can't close when closing the ST window. The VST plugin works great. Just strange behavior.

_________________
America's Country
Hot Country Hits!


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 9923
Quote:
Errors involving system files (like ntdll.dll) are mostly caused within the software itself. Had issues pointing to system files too in their exceptions, only to find out it was somewhere in my own code. Stereo Tool 9.00 does run fine here though on Windows 7.

Windows 10 is doing some strange things every now and then. Latest mystery here with a piece of software for example is a whole system freeze when scrolling on 1804 (doesn't happen on older OS'es). Side note: 1804 also comes with a audio device sleep feature. Not a bad idea to disable that in the registry as there are already complaints floating around the internet about issues with that feature.
I would normally indeed expect this to be caused by the software itself, but Bojcha is seeing this will all versions of Stereo Tool going back several years. Good, even that could still be a bug in Stereo Tool - but then it's really odd that in all these years, nobody saw this behavior.

And the white flashing cannot be explained by what the code does.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:16 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 9923
Quote:
Quote:
Just tried 32 bit VST... working here too.
All Night, my issue wasn't that VST 32-bit wasn't working. It was just a strange behavior that popped up a blank screen that you can't close when closing the ST window. The VST plugin works great. Just strange behavior.
Found the cause! It was a code change on my end, which probably got triggered by a bridge plugin to run a 32 bit VST in a 64 bit environment. After closing the GUI, the 32 bit VST in a 64 bit host got an extra call changing the window size to something very small. That triggered the GUI code to become active - most of that is skipped if the window is invisible. But unfortunately, not the part where I hide, resize, and then again display the window. So, even though it should have been hidden it was displayed - and the rest of the code assumed that it was hidden and didn't do anything with it.

It may also behave like this in other hosts. I guess that there is a standard 64-to-32 bridge that multiple people use.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 629 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited