Some issues have been reported that mean that I'll have to do a rebuild (9.01) soon. Most of these were actually present in older versions as well, but the list is big enough (and includes one more serious issue) to require a quick fix.
Here's what's been reported so far, if I'm missing anything, please post it here.
- Warning message for too much noise gate action appears quite fast if you're playing pure silence, and takes a while to disappear when you play music again. Should probably look at both short and long time action and only display if BOTH say too much happens. And ideally, it should ignore pure silence.
- Warning message for too much noise gate leaves a mess on the screen when it disappears. I know I fixed this and checked it, but possibly not for all warning windows.
- Bass EQ might overreact a bit to sudden jumps - although that's probably just an issue in a specific preset. To be checked. -> Yup, was just a preset issue. Changed default Relative Kick Speed though (from 0.25 to 1.00).
- AGC stuck at very low level after changing quality - can't explain this one at all (unless it's gating, that might be it... If it's that it should be easy to fix) -> Found a missing check, probably fixed. Flashing meters on Quality change seem to be gone now, which is a good sign.
- There was a NAN reported that didn't cause any issues that appears to have come from the sound card calibration filter (that's actually deprecated). Since it's at the end of the chain it can't do much damage. Must have been there before as well. -> Wild guess, but it could have been this: Calibrate doesn't work (and hasn't worked since version 7.71!) in "Ignore high frequencies" mode. Disabled now. There's nothing in the code itself that would explain the NAN, except for this, which was causing very loud noises on my system.
- Report that # bands in Auto EQ can't be changed (waiting for explanation what that means) -> User error, ignore.
- VST issue listed above: Running the 32 bit VST in a 64 bit host can cause a blank window to appear on closing, which doesn't respond to anything. -> I added some code to handle a certain resize command. Which was re-positioning the window. Apparently, certain VST hosts (including the bridge plugin that apparently many people use to run a 32 bit VST in a 64 bit host) was causing that to be triggered after the window was closed. It's now skipping this code when the window is invisible, that seems to be it.
- VST screen too small (causing bottom part to look a bit ugly) on 100% DPI mode reported by 1 person, need to check that. -> Made it bigger (1500x843, which is exactly 16:9 scale).
- Bojcha's preset: Non-FM relative output value is incorrect. The value is saved under FM settings but it does affect non-FM output too, so that's wrong (that hasn't changed though, was already wrong in 8.54 and before, I just tested that). Have to figure out a way to fix that without breaking backward compatibility. -> Done, still stored in a weird place in the file, but loads fine now.
- Same thing for Multipath / Mono Bass settings, have to find a way to save those under normal clipper settings without breaking backward compatibility Same as before, also an issue in 8.54 and before, but in 8.54 the filter was disabled for non-FM outputs and it's not anymore. So now it has become a problem. -> Done, still stored in a weird place in the file, but loads fine now.
- WatchCat version number was wrong (showed 1.2.0 BETA 2, but should just have been 1.2.0, it's no longer beta).
- White flashing. So far seen twice by \_/ and a while ago by Bojcha (who then saw that he had this in all versions going back to 7.70 or so, and got it fixed by updating his video driver). For now I'm waiting if others see the same thing, and if \_/ keeps seeing it. Nothing really changed in the drawing engine except for the addition of 4K support - but the drawing itself works the same and there's no good reason why this would suddenly appear. The 4K change itself was also done months ago and \_/ hasn't seen it in the beta's.
- Input level meter can flash black on Mac. Cause unknown, doesn't really reproduce in a clear way.
- Some preset updates have been announced by people that I should apply when I do a new build anyway.
- Added inital JSON web server support.
The VST issue is the most pressing (although not many people will run a 32 bit VST in a 64 bit host), the non-FM level and Mono Bass etc thing needs to be fixed quickly as well (they were already wrong before, nothing new there). The other things are mostly GUI-related, but most of them should be very easily fixable.