All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 529 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:24 am 

Just tried 32 bit VST... working here too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:27 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
You can't add or remove bands in the AUTO EQ anymore in ST9.00
Please explain. What is happening? It works fine here. (So: Does the slider not move? Do no extra bands appear? Do they appear but are they stuck? ... what is "you can't"?)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:31 am 

It's possible that the white flashing is related to some specific GUI element being active. For the betas I used a preset that doesn't seem to trigger it but with the final I also tried different ones. So I guess I need to test several presets but that won't happen before the middle of the next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:12 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
It's possible that the white flashing is related to some specific GUI element being active. For the betas I used a preset that doesn't seem to trigger it but with the final I also tried different ones. So I guess I need to test several presets but that won't happen before the middle of the next week.
The weird thing is: I draw everything in memory, and when done, copy it to the screen. And I'm definitely not drawing any white background myself - the only thing that *should* do that is Windows when the window is resized or first drawn. Now, Bojcha saw it too and I don't understand that either (I'm also almost never redrawing the whole screen, so what his video showed didn't make any sense at all - but it still did show it...) It almost seemed as if something in his display driver was occasionally deciding that whatever was visible in the window wasn't there. Without actually removing/redrawing it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:49 am 

Good morning to all,
To make Hans' work easier, it would be time for some of you to skip the Windows XP page, for technicians and engineers (Broadcasting, studio, etc...) it doesn't look very serious, and complicate the developer's work. I only recommend Windows version 7, 8.1 update 3, and 10. bar point! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 am 

Quote:
Good morning to all,
To make Hans' work easier, it would be time for some of you to skip the Windows XP page, for technicians and engineers (Broadcasting, studio, etc...) it doesn't look very serious, and complicate the developer's work. I only recommend Windows version 7, 8.1 update 3, and 10. bar point! :roll:
As a (hobby) programmer I understand what you're saying, but fact is that Windows XP is still pretty widely used in the broadcasting scene. And why not? Not supported anymore? If it's not broken, don't fix it. Also if it's not connected to the Internet it's not for security reasons.

If you want to do things officially, you're just telling broadcasters who have hardware that still functions good to pull out their wallet and buy a new license. Also, don't forget the driver change Microsoft made when going from XP to Vista; there is (audio) hardware out there that isn't supported anymore from Vista onwards.

Personally, I don't use XP anymore for quite some time, but I can understand that there is a group out there that still does - and it's not a real minority...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:08 pm 

pro software like adobe etc... do not use old operating systems, it's an eternal debate, anyway it's Hans that will decide when...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:24 pm 

Quote:
and complicate the developer's work.
Well...
Quote:
Doesn't make any difference for me, there's no good reason to not support it. It's just one switch in the compiler settings.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:19 pm 

About the AUTO EQ bands, my fault. You can't change if the operating mode in confuguration is set on SIMPLE. You can choose how many bands etc....when the operating mode is set to ADVANCED or EXPERT.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
The weird thing is: I draw everything in memory, and when done, copy it to the screen. And I'm definitely not drawing any white background myself - the only thing that *should* do that is Windows when the window is resized or first drawn. Now, Bojcha saw it too and I don't understand that either (I'm also almost never redrawing the whole screen, so what his video showed didn't make any sense at all - but it still did show it...) It almost seemed as if something in his display driver was occasionally deciding that whatever was visible in the window wasn't there. Without actually removing/redrawing it.
I fixed it by starting st in WIndows7 compatibility mode. However... problem is in my ntdll.dll (acording to ST)

So something is wrong in my windows. wich is some old 1607. It only has problems with ST.
After starting in Win7 compatibility mode flashing of gui is gone BUT in task manager ST process is showed like "Not Reponding" but it's working. Not fully since ST cannot remember my last folder when i save preset.

When i start ST minimized. ST process shows "Running". As sooon as i maximized it...goes to "Not Responding". Minimizing it again.. process shows "Running". So it also has something with GUI.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 529 Next