All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 629 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:38 pm 

I saw hou are using Windows 10..thats the whole problem.
I use Windows 7 x64 and dont have any problems.
But you protect XP and i saw Windows 10..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 pm 

Quote:
I saw hou are using Windows 10..thats the whole problem.
I use Windows 7 x64 and dont have any problems.
But you protect XP and i saw Windows 10..
That's my working PC and i need damn win10 there because other things. For example i now have 4x NVMe in it. NVMe is not natively supported in Win7.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

<SNAP>

===> Edit: After talking with Bojcha, this also affects older versions on his system with the same c0000005 error, it must be a system/Windows install issue. Very odd though!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 pm 

Its wil support, by Windows 7, but you need to slipstream the driver update for the "standard " one
Sombody told me Bojcha ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 pm 

Quote:
Its wil support, by Windows 7, but you need to slipstream the driver update for the "standard " one
Sombody told me Bojcha ;)
I know but i am lazy for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:04 pm 

Quote:
<SNAP>
===> Edit: After talking with Bojcha, this also affects older versions on his system with the same c0000005 error, it must be a system/Windows install issue. Very odd though!
I WILL found what couses this! Something that i installed or other..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:01 pm 

Errors involving system files (like ntdll.dll) are mostly caused within the software itself. Had issues pointing to system files too in their exceptions, only to find out it was somewhere in my own code. Stereo Tool 9.00 does run fine here though on Windows 7.

Windows 10 is doing some strange things every now and then. Latest mystery here with a piece of software for example is a whole system freeze when scrolling on 1804 (doesn't happen on older OS'es). Side note: 1804 also comes with a audio device sleep feature. Not a bad idea to disable that in the registry as there are already complaints floating around the internet about issues with that feature.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Just tried 32 bit VST... working here too.
All Night, my issue wasn't that VST 32-bit wasn't working. It was just a strange behavior that popped up a blank screen that you can't close when closing the ST window. The VST plugin works great. Just strange behavior.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Errors involving system files (like ntdll.dll) are mostly caused within the software itself. Had issues pointing to system files too in their exceptions, only to find out it was somewhere in my own code. Stereo Tool 9.00 does run fine here though on Windows 7.

Windows 10 is doing some strange things every now and then. Latest mystery here with a piece of software for example is a whole system freeze when scrolling on 1804 (doesn't happen on older OS'es). Side note: 1804 also comes with a audio device sleep feature. Not a bad idea to disable that in the registry as there are already complaints floating around the internet about issues with that feature.
I would normally indeed expect this to be caused by the software itself, but Bojcha is seeing this will all versions of Stereo Tool going back several years. Good, even that could still be a bug in Stereo Tool - but then it's really odd that in all these years, nobody saw this behavior.

And the white flashing cannot be explained by what the code does.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Just tried 32 bit VST... working here too.
All Night, my issue wasn't that VST 32-bit wasn't working. It was just a strange behavior that popped up a blank screen that you can't close when closing the ST window. The VST plugin works great. Just strange behavior.
Found the cause! It was a code change on my end, which probably got triggered by a bridge plugin to run a 32 bit VST in a 64 bit environment. After closing the GUI, the 32 bit VST in a 64 bit host got an extra call changing the window size to something very small. That triggered the GUI code to become active - most of that is skipped if the window is invisible. But unfortunately, not the part where I hide, resize, and then again display the window. So, even though it should have been hidden it was displayed - and the rest of the code assumed that it was hidden and didn't do anything with it.

It may also behave like this in other hosts. I guess that there is a standard 64-to-32 bridge that multiple people use.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 629 Next