All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1529 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:49 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
@hvz: I mean, where is the updated VST Plugin download link? The current 64 bit version does NOT work on macOS / Adobe Audition.

Edit: just noticed your edit haha...
Uploading now :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 9.02 BETA004

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-004.exe
Winamp DSP: https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 02-004.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 02-004.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-004.exe
VST: https://www.stereotool.com/download/vst ... 02-004.dll

Mac:
VST 64 bit: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 04.vst.zip

CHANGES:
  • Made MB clipper completely separate from limiter, so you can now use both at the same time
  • Input level meter can flash black on Mac. Cause unknown, doesn't really reproduce in a clear way. -> Value was set to 0 after displaying and could be displayed again before a new value was set.
  • Output scope runs too slow in certain situations
  • Output scope can lag behind (GuntherM) -> Probably fixed by previous fix, waiting for feedback
  • Check uMPX disabled when FM disabled -> Yes, but GUI wasn't.

OLD CHANGES:
  • Mac VST plugin didn't work.
  • Add MB clipper to MB1 as well. Decide if limiter AND clipper needed simultaneously (probably not?)
  • Update build script - remainder - Woohoo, full build now takes 12 hours (was 30)
  • Add MB clippers
  • Lower GUI thread priority for plugin versions.
  • Make Windows event thread priority equal to GUI thread priority. (Affinity was already ok)
  • Set minimum size on VST version (1500x843)
  • Update build script for much faster build - partially done

PLANNED:
  • Test 64 bit sound card exception handling in ProppFrexx - that wasn't the problem... apparently
  • SST build fails, incorrectly including something from MicroMPX somehow?
  • MicroMPX crashes on closing -> Join thread was missing
  • GUI priority is too low now - increase to at least Normal, and make processing higher.
  • GUI: 4K weird flashing
  • RDS: Support for ODA. probably ok
  • RDS: Support for EON Partially working, need to add burst mode, linkage, freqs, turning on/off via command
  • RDS: EON: Support for multiple AF frequencies
  • RDS: EON: Support for other type of AF frequencies?
  • RDS: Support for AF method B
  • Bug report: Linux version uses 100% CPU on one thread, even in bypass mode (must be sound card thread?)
  • Add ThimeoKoekError to Stereo Tool
  • Delay on handling changed IP/port numbers
  • Update preset
  • uMPX highs idea
  • uMPX: Add entering & applying hash
  • uMPX encoder: Add new settings to separate encoder
  • uMPX decoder: Add password + hash
  • uMPX decoder: Add multicast subscribe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:24 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Multiband 1 bands 2 and 3. Did you see/hear anything odd when this happened?
Sorry, no. I didn't even come so for as to do or hear anything (audio was paused).
Just to be clear - you got this message before ANY audio was passed through the chain??? (Which Stereo Tool version are you running, DSP, VST, stand alone? And when you say 'paused', does that mean silence or really paused - Stereo Tool not doing anything, CPU load 0% etc?)
The NaN happened with the DSP. Audio (silence) was first played, then really paused, then the ST GUI was opened which immediately throw the exception.

NaNs are quite rare for some time now and I consider them random glitches. They probably relate to some specific combination of settings that happened when playing around in the GUI. This also means that I'm generally unable to reproduce because I just restart ST and go on without having anything saved.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
NaNs are quite rare for some time now and I consider them random glitches. They probably relate to some specific combination of settings that happened when playing around in the GUI. This also means that I'm generally unable to reproduce because I just restart ST and go on without having anything saved.
If it happened without any audio going through, then it kinda has to be a wrong initialization. I just don't get why it doesn't reproduce every single time then though. I'll check the initialization of the values that it complained about.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:28 am 

I get no output through my M-Audio Delta card (ASIO). Input appears OK. I do get audio if I hit "bypass". Re-load beta 003 and everything's back to normal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:46 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I get no output through my M-Audio Delta card (ASIO). Input appears OK. I do get audio if I hit "bypass". Re-load beta 003 and everything's back to normal.
Ah. In 003 and before, the "Clip instead" checkboxes were stored in the STS file as "Clip band x". I didn't change that when I converted it to having separate limiter/clipper values, so now the clip threshold is stored as "Clip band x" - and it still has the default value from version 003 (off = 0). So, it basically clips everything.

I'll change the name to "Clip threshold band x" in the next build. For now, if you want to use 004, manually set all the clippers (for Multiband 2, MB1 was new anyway) to the default by right-clicking on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 am 

Hello Hans,

Sorry for my late response.
My idea of ​​using the "Single Band Compressor" before the "Multiband 2" was to be able to optimize the incoming signal into the "Multiband 2". But to tell the truth, I do not know if it's really useful.

What would really seem more useful is to add a Downward Expander on each multiband, or better to add "expanders" on each band (with attack, release, thresholds and ratios). I always found that it could add a really interesting texture to the sound. In hardware, the only machine that could offer this was the IDT DBP7+4 but I think it is no longer marketed today.
I know that there is already the "natural dynamics" section at the beginning of the process , but the sound would be really different.
If I can also give you an other suggestion : to change the color of the multiband clipping. It is currently red and suddenly it mixes with the work of the limiters, we can get lost a little.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:38 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Ah. In 003 and before, the "Clip instead" checkboxes were stored in the STS file as "Clip band x". I didn't change that when I converted it to having separate limiter/clipper values, so now the clip threshold is stored as "Clip band x" - and it still has the default value from version 003 (off = 0). So, it basically clips everything.

I'll change the name to "Clip threshold band x" in the next build. For now, if you want to use 004, manually set all the clippers (for Multiband 2, MB1 was new anyway) to the default by right-clicking on them.
Went back to 003 but did try your suggestion. Right-clicked the clippers. That eliminated the clipping indicators in MB2, but there was no compression indication. Restarted the program & the clip sliders are all the way up again. Dropped them off and was able to get audio back by running the MB2 drive slider all the way up. Didn't care for that so went back to 003 for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Went back to 003 but did try your suggestion. Right-clicked the clippers. That eliminated the clipping indicators in MB2, but there was no compression indication. Restarted the program & the clip sliders are all the way up again. Dropped them off and was able to get audio back by running the MB2 drive slider all the way up. Didn't care for that so went back to 003 for now.
Hm, let's wait for the next build and see if that fixes it. I haven't seen any issues here (after resetting the clippers).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:44 pm 

Possible to fix overall attack and relase speed to follow max attack and max release in main mb window?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1529 Next