All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 am 

A new beta version of Thimeo Watchcat is available! Version 1.2.0 beta is available for download here.
It is a rather sizeable update. Highlights:
  • Multiple processing chains (combinations of inputs/outputs) are now supported!
  • Added support for resampling of output files
  • Improved performance for all processing by reducing disk access
  • Settings for dropped files can now be set separately from watch folders
  • Improved GUI for better usability
We'd love to hear your feedback!

Multiple processing chains is a WatchCat Professional feature, which means you need a license in order to use this without WatchCat adding beeps to the processed audio. Existing license holders get access to this feature without needing a license upgrade. The other changes are also available in the free version.

(Your settings from the previous version of WatchCat are imported automatically, please verify that they are still correct.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:26 pm 

Been testing this for a few days now and it works great.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:39 pm 

This version only produces .wav files? I've tried to create .ogg and .flac output profiles but all it does is output a .wav file. Or is this a bug?

EDIT: Ah, never mind. I didn't realize that the program has separate output profiles for the Watchfolder and Drag & Drop modes.

But can you add a feature that the program would also update the file tags from the input file? The output file has now completely empty tags which makes it more work for me to update the file tags again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

It generates .flac files here (on 2 different pc's) - what are you doing exactly?

Edit: Ah, ok :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:20 am 

We're using WatchCat for all our podcasting. We're finding the Temp UserData folder on the WatchCat machine is regularly filling with large files from WatchCat. We're on v1.1.3. Do you think this has been fixed in the v1.2 beta?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 am 

Each temp file should be removed after a successful run. However if something somewhere goes wrong (e.g. WatchCat crashes) the file remains there. Since 1.2.0 should be a lot more stable than 1.1.3, I would recommend upgrading to see if that helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:12 am 

Will this be updated to a new version to use the new Stereo Tool version? Or can the .dll files be updated manually?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Will this be updated to a new version to use the new Stereo Tool version? Or can the .dll files be updated manually?
Just download the latest version from the download page. That will give you the latest ST. The WatchCat version number is incorrect there (it says 1.2.0 BETA 2 isntead of just 1.2.0), I will fix that in the next build.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:56 am 

I'm still seeing lots of failed processing attempts and persistent temp files on this latest release. Is there an error log file somewhere I could look at?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:24 am 

Quote:
I'm still seeing lots of failed processing attempts and persistent temp files on this latest release. Is there an error log file somewhere I could look at?
Only the error window that pops up when something goes wrong. What errors do you see when the processing attempts fail?