All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 146 47 48 49 5076 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
It hasn't been 90 MB for a very long time (years)... but it could be that it has been running for a long time and some memory was swapped out?
check the screenshot.
beta54 FM vs beta55 WEb
https://prnt.sc/izvvz4
It MUST have been running for a while. I know how much memory I'm allocating, and it's well over 200 MB. And has been for years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello Hans,

Problem with Stereotool VST with Adobe Audition 3 for every Beta release after .50. I am using the VST version, 32 bit. When I load the VST into Audition, the Thimeo menu for Stereotool disappears. I have Perfect Declipper (stand alone) installed as well, and Perfect Declipper is not affected. Stereotool works fine for versions up to .50, but maybe it's something in the logging process that causes Audition to not recognize the Beta update. Have you heard of this from anyone else? OS is Windows 7. Do you need more details?

Ted Alexander - Telos Alliance
Hi Ted!

What do you mean by the Thimeo menu? Do you mean that the whole thing isn't visible anymore under Effects -> VST? I have an older Audition version here and in that version, the last beta (059) runs fine - I haven't tried the in-between versions. There was a bug a few versions ago that caused VST reads to fail, so if that was the problem it should be fixed now.
Hi Hans,

Yes, it's the Effects->VST listing. In AA3, after .050, whenever I loaded it into Stereotool, and tried to run the 32 bit VST,
the "StereoTool" menu item in the Effects-> VST menu disappeared. The Thimeo "folder" disappeared and left the Perfect Declipper menu item standing alone. (I have the Perfect Declipper 32 bit VST stand alone installed). I did not try .058 since I suspected something in the NAN logging function didn't work right with AA3. I'll load .059 and let you know what results.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:17 am 

I'm getting audio skips when listening to streaming radio with the latest Beta (non-NAN logging) version.
Does anyone else experience this?

Using the 64bit standalone.

I have verified using VLC native that it's not the audio stream skipping.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:29 pm 

we get a lot of extra signal pumped in by auto eq on 3000-12000 Herz in 059 compared to 052, on our main test record everything should be more or less zero it now shows BIG on the corresponding graphs and sound has become is very "sharp", a LOT of mids in it

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 pm 

Quote:
we get a lot of extra signal pumped in by auto eq on 3000-12000 Herz in 059 compared to 052, on our main test record everything should be more or less zero it now shows BIG on the corresponding graphs and sound has become is very "sharp", a LOT of mids in it
Recent changes to the dynamics "engine" have caused a lot of things change. I would recommend you rebalance your relative target levels in Auto EQ with the most recent build. I know that I had to do it on my presets.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:07 pm 

Shouldn't the AutoEQ target level defaults be adjusted in an upcoming beta to get the sound back on track? :?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:12 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Recent changes to the dynamics "engine" have caused a lot of things change. I would recommend you rebalance your relative target levels in Auto EQ with the most recent build. I know that I had to do it on my presets.
tnxs Wes, I activated ITU 1770 and changed settings and indeed it sounds great again but I'm just carefully inquiring wether this is meant to be or in a fourthnight will be rolled back because of a bug, this is the very 1st version in which Music from John Miles processes no tapenoise at all, I have in fact only 2 records left which are so far impossible to clean up here, both Simon Webbe hits, I don't know what it is I am hearing on these but it's not good, all other difficult ones are Hollywood Quality now

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:13 pm 

Quote:
Shouldn't the AutoEQ target level defaults be adjusted in an upcoming beta to get the sound back on track? :?
Well, the current targets are probably correct for some format somewhere. :) Those things should be adjusted for the average of the programming your station actually plays. The defaults will work as they currently sit, though.

I just went and checked. For my format, here's the difference between the new and old versions:

Band 1: -0.5dB
Band 2: No change
Band 3: -0.1dB
Band 4: +0.1dB
Band 5: -2dB

That isn't severe enough to cause any real problems. It's reasonable to expect that the old values are still appropriate...for some programming out there. Just not mine, anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
tnxs Wes, I activated ITU 1770 and changed settings and indeed it sounds great again but I'm just carefully inquiring wether this is meant to be or in a fourthnight will be rolled back because of a bug, this is the very 1st version in which Music from John Miles processes no tapenoise at all, I have in fact only 2 records left which are so far impossible to clean up here, both Simon Webbe hits, I don't know what it is I am hearing on these but it's not good, all other difficult ones are Hollywood Quality now
I'm not aware of any bugs in the current code. Barring some other major discovery (unlikely), I would not expect this part of the program to change in any meaningful way prior to release.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:01 pm 

Quote:
Recent changes to the dynamics "engine" have caused a lot of things change.
Interesting. What changes are those, because none are mentioned in the release notes of the versions JdR2 mentioned?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 146 47 48 49 5076 Next