All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 576 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:11 pm 

Why da you need loudness-meter; you don't have ears? :mrgreen: ;) (joke).

Dear Hans,
It's a good idea with these BASS-EQ.
It can be used for that, what it was made for.. or.. as another slow AGC after first multiband. :o
StereoTool is a great soft, really great software... I wonder why Hans didn't get Nobel (Sound) Prize :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:14 pm 

Quote:
@near05: Is that new? Stereo Tool should report the correct delay to the VST host, which should then compensate for it. By the way, Phase Delay might introduce extra delay that's also different per frequency, so it's hard to compensate for that.
Indeed, the behaviour is not really new. There was this behavior in the past. Then you made some sort of correction, and it was right again. I've been playing an almost unchanged preset ever since. The problem with this is that the ends are also cut off.

By the way, this behavior also occurs when I turn off Phase Delay. There are almost exactly 2000 samples, by which the signal is shifted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:30 am 

Quote:
Why da you need loudness-meter; you don't have ears? :mrgreen: ;) (joke).
What? :?: :?: :?:
I assume it's a joke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am 

:P :(
.....our ...human ears .....unfortunately CAN GET USED TO A SOUND PROCESSING PRESET or LOUNDESS LEVEL ..and this is realy realy bad and MAKES US UNABLE TO compete or improve the ....end of tweaking on sound presets.

So . 2 things:

Comparison to other presets by switching back and forth
AND
Loudnesssssssss meteeeeer :)

...and .....good reference speakers ...or headphones :)

.....and ....a good concentration on dynamics of a sound

NO MORE AUDIBLE COMPRESSORS !!

( if you are making a preset begin by ...bypassing allllll stages ! start from decliper ...natural dynamics AAAAGGGGGGCCCCCCCC ...compressors ....and continue to ...open doors stage by stage :)

p.s.
STEREOTOOL and all other sound processing apps ARE USELESS W I T H O U T GOOD F M PRESETS.

FM needs dynamics , deep bass with good limiting or inteligent clipping and loudnessssss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:42 pm 

Hi Hans.

Please consider RDS base frequencyy change function
Quote:
Just one request.

Can you make RDS frequency adjustable?

Like Airomate software can adjust it?

And play RDS only on one channel as option?

Idea of this is that you can get RDS from *any* sound card this way.

It's dirty and bad way, but it's possible. And great for experimenting with a Pi3 device.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:20 pm 

Quote:
Hi Hans.

That's just too dirty...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:16 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Hans.

That's just too dirty...
I know. But it's the only option for low-end sound cards. And it can be quite a sales booster to offer an "RDS that works on *any* sound card" option.

Hans can put all the warnings, etc. so it won't be used unless there's really no other choise. And it's not that bad actually, if you do some fine adjustments of the volume it's very hard to distinguish it on ordinary receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

I would really hope that noone who is even the slightest bit serious about this would ever choose to generate RDS that way :(

Even most laptop headphone outputs can generate a pretty decent 192 kHz now. And the on-board card of the Pi is so bad that it's useless for anything anyway. Cards that are 192 kHz capable for the Pi are available for around $10. So, I really don't see the point. If you want the most cheap-ass solution, use your headphone output.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm 

Quote:
LoudnessSSSSsss Meeeeteeeeeeeeeeeeeeer , loudness meter, louuuuudnesss meteeeOrrRRRRrite :), LoUdNESSSS MeeettEEEeeerrrr !!! yes yes yes :) Waiting for it like crazzzyyyyyyy

Come on come on!!! :? :shock: :o :shock: :? :shock: :o

( i hope i ve made your day with this crazy of the record loud message :)

:ugeek: :ugeek:

...by the way this is only 192 kbps mp3 ! ....
and - 2 db for headroom compression !!
Imagine on FM with advanced final stages of clipper :) = 75 khz = 12dbr !
after years and years , 12 dbr of loudness on FM with DYNAMICS , deep bass, deep mids , deep everything :)
http://stream.grap.gr/1045fm
Why a FM signal on your stream??!! :D
Anyway its sounds BAD!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 pm 

Quote:
p.s.
STEREOTOOL and all other sound processing apps ARE USELESS W I T H O U T GOOD F M PRESETS.
Where are your amazing Stereo Tool presets if you insist on software processors having good FM presets?
Quote:
FM needs dynamics , deep bass with good limiting or inteligent clipping and loudnessssss
What FM, and all other distribution methods, need is someone that can set it up properly. That stream of yours is a great "how not to do it"-example.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 576 Next