All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1676 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:22 pm 

All clear. I have now deactivated everything, and yet there was this phenomenon.

I just noticed something that I hadn't even noticed yet. I had 4 threads set in the CPU settings. According to the display, this adds an additional delay. I have now changed this back to 1 and reset it all. And now the behavior has completely disappeared (just by turning off the phase delay, of course).

That means the actual cause is my CPU settings > 1 thread. Can you see if you can do that part of it yourself? I added my original settings as a picture to this tab.

My guess is that you don't pass this additional thread latency to the VST client. As a result, these phenomena also occur with the help of the factory settings.

I would never have come up with it in my life, but only after I had reset to the default settings did I notice this in the CPU tab.

Attachments:
cpu_threads.JPG
cpu_threads.JPG [ 66.73 KiB | Viewed 5762 times ]

Last edited by near05 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

Aaaah! Crap, I completely forgot to compensate for that. Ok, now it's easy :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 am 

Quote:
- Do we need multiple Basstardizer bands? -> Doesn't seem like it. Not for now.
Multiple people have asked but no explanation has been given so far as to what Basstardizer is even supposed to do. :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:22 am 

Another thing I wondered, since the Bass (Auto) EQ was added... if BOTH the Bass EQ and Auto EQ are enabled, won't they affect each other? Should the band defaults on each of these BOTH change if BOTH are enabled?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Multiple people have asked but no explanation has been given so far as to what Basstardizer is even supposed to do. :|
It adds upper harmonics. It's kinda similar to Bass Boost but that never really worked the way I wanted it to work. So I probably will put it in a single menu option later.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Another thing I wondered, since the Bass (Auto) EQ was added... if BOTH the Bass EQ and Auto EQ are enabled, won't they affect each other? Should the band defaults on each of these BOTH change if BOTH are enabled?
No, you can use both. They have a similar task but they won't interfere with each other.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:03 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It adds upper harmonics. It's kinda similar to Bass Boost but that never really worked the way I wanted it to work. So I probably will put it in a single menu option later.
Bleh. I don't like bass harmonics,especially first harmonics around 120-170hz. It all sound like from a well :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:43 pm 

I have now tried even more with the new AGC. The new protective Pre-AGC in front of the AGC is really very good. But I got some general questions about the new AGC, which I will ask here:

There's an attack and release time. This time defines how fast the level is reduced. For the release, this is the time until 10 db are reduced. Additionally there is the maximum attack and release speed. What is the relationship between these parameters? Let's assume that I have set very high values (5000) for the times, but also set the maximum speeds very high. Now there are very large signal changes, which should cause the AGC to react quickly. That is indeed the case. Apparently in this case, if time is not sufficient to maintain the level, speed seems to play an important role. In addition, the Sudden Jump Protection now also plays a role in the attack. But I'm not quite sure yet. There are also the settings "Big Release Acceleration" and "Sudden Attack Slowdown Threshold". What roles do these values play and what do they refer to?

These may be silly questions, but none of these options existed in this form in the old AGC. Therefore, it would be important to know how to handle the values correctly, because the new AGC is much better than the old one. I'd be here for some clarification.

Edited: Just so it wasn't misunderstood. I think it would be best if the general documentation could be extended to include these points. It doesn't do much good to write this in the thread now, because nobody is looking for it here. Perhaps the new AGC could be illustrated in the same way as the old AGC with a picture showing where all the parameters play a role. The old help pages can still be accessed via the form. Here's the picture I mean:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 pm 

Quote:
- Top area of GUI made a bit higher, not all menu items fit before
Advanced Limiter still not showing in Foobar, unable to test this way.
Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 186.45 KiB | Viewed 5104 times ]

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:49 am 

JdR2, if you have 64 bit Windows, one thing you could try for now is loading Stereo Tool into Foobar via jBridge. Set it up saying you want to use a 32 bit host, then select the 64 bit StereoTool VST.

Finally, after you have started it at least once, use these settings:
(In C:\Users\[username]\Documents\jBridge\SettingsFilesFor64BitPlugins)
Code:
//EXPERTS ONLY - unless stated otherwise: 0 - disabled ; 1 - enabled ; all other values will be ignored
-Reload the plugin for changes to take effect!!

AUDIOMASTERGETTIME_HACK 1

USE_IPC_THREAD_SAFETY 1

FORCE_GUI_REFRESH 0

SLUGGISH_GUI_FIX 1

FORCE_CHILD_WINDOW_CLIPPING 0

RUN_IN_EXISTING_AUXHOST 1

CRASH_DETECTION 1

//( not listed in the settings menu )By default, all the plugins who have the "run in existing auxhost" option enabled will be in group 0, if you wish to group specific plugins in different auxhost's, change this value somewhere between 1 and 64
RUN_IN_SAME_AUXHOST_GROUP 0

//( not listed in the settings menu )Set this option to 1 if your bridged plugin hangs when loading a project.
EFFSETCHUNK_COMPATIBILITY_OPTION 0

//auxhost priority(experts only!) - 0 is default ; 1( lowest ) to 7 (highest) ; all other values will be ignored
AUXHOST_PRIORITY 0

//set to 0 to disable "forcing auxhost termination(...)" message
MAIN_HOST_ERROR_WARNING 0

//uses v1.2 integrated mode implementation if 1 ( enabled by default for backward compatibility purposes ).May need to be set to 0 for automation to work in some hosts (i.e., Ableton Live)
LEGACY_INTEGRATED_MODE 1

//Plugin's GUI will be opened on a separated window if set to 1
USE_SEPARATED_GUI 0

//Auto-closes the plugin's GUI when the settings window is closed (Separated GUI mode only)
GUI_AUTOCLOSE 0

//Audio buffers will be processed asynchronously, can improve performance with some plugin/host combinations
PERFORMANCE_MODE 0

//Set to 1 if you're experiencing opcode 19 error messages
OPCODE19_COMPATIBILITY_OPTION 0

//Set to 1 if you're experiencing long delays and an opcode error message when closing/re-opening the plugin's GUI
PREVENT_MAIN_HOST_WINDOW_CONTROL_ON_GUI_CLOSE 0

//Set to 1 if you're experiencing crashes when unloading a bridged plugin
DIRTY_CLOSE 0

//( separated GUI mode ) keeps the plugin's GUI window always visible if 1
GUI_WINDOW_ALWAYS_ON_TOP 0

//( not listed in the settings menu )Experimental option, disables processing of deprecated opcodes if 0
USE_DEPRECATED_OPCODES 1

//Loads the plugin in GUIless mode ( for plugins that have no GUI, when used in a VST host that supports those ). 
//You will not be able to access jBridge's options if you change this to 1 without editing the settings file and changing it back to 0
REPORT_NO_GUI 0
It does crash occasionally because of the window size issue but if it happens it will happen right at the start. (Your mileage may vary.)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1676 Next