All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2176 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
  1. I mean the green input level bars in the GUI (4k monitor, 144 dpi). When moving the Pre amplifier slider the output bars change accordingly but the input bars stay at 100% volume no matter what.
Which is exactly the right behavior. If you want to boost the input level *before* processing (which is what the input meter shows), use the Gain setting under Sound card -> Input for stand alone or under Plugin for the plugin version.
Quote:
[*]The default GUI window and button size is exactly the same for 8.54 and 8.55. However before with 96 dpi the text fitted the buttons perfectly and now with 144 dpi it obviously doesn't. This is the Winamp plugin 8.55 beta 28 on Windows 10 RS3.
Ah, confirmed. Weird, I'm sure that I fixed that. I definitely did add code to make it bigger if you upgrade from an older version.
Quote:
[*]What exactly does the symmetry slider make symmetric? What value makes it symmetric?
See the lengthy description in my post above. It makes attack and release behave symmetrically.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:37 am 

Quote:
Which is exactly the right behavior.
Haha, ok. However this is new behaviour and means we no longer have any visual representation of changing the Pre amplifier.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Which is exactly the right behavior.
Haha, ok. However this is new behaviour and means we no longer have any visual representation of changing the Pre amplifier.
Uh, no? This has always been like this? Since version 1.0 even!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 pm 

Quote:
Stereo Tool 8.55 BETA028
Wow, that's probably a lot of changes. So let's start with the good news. The VST delay now seems to be completely correct. Thank you for this adaptation. I have already played a little with the new RMS mode. The compressors sound really great now. Everything sounds more balanced and much more pleasant. That's when the effort and time you invested really paid off. Many thanks also for the detailed explanation of the error.

But now the negative things. The AGC "release" doesn't work for me anymore. Once he's at the bottom, he won't come up. The attack works, but the release doesn't. It's kind of weird. But nothing happens. Even if I completely reset the AGC. It can't be due to my settings, because even in the factory settings it only goes down, but not up anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:45 pm 

Quote:
But now the negative things. The AGC "release" doesn't work for me anymore. Once he's at the bottom, he won't come up. The attack works, but the release doesn't. It's kind of weird. But nothing happens. Even if I completely reset the AGC. It can't be due to my settings, because even in the factory settings it only goes down, but not up anymore.
It *never* comes back up?!?!?!?!?!? Mine most certainly does come back up, so it's got to be a settings issue. I've attached a working sample.

Attachments:
NewRMS-High-0-02m.sts [113.31 KiB]
Downloaded 186 times

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:58 pm 

Quote:

It *never* comes back up?!?!?!?!?!? Mine most certainly does come back up, so it's got to be a settings issue. I've attached a working sample.
Thanks for the attached preset. That's how it works. But it doesn't work for me if I reset everything back to factory settings, including the AGC. Then it's just the attack. Even though I'm experimenting with your preset, especially with the pre-AGC, there's no change here either. So there is still a little something here that does not have to be quite correct.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:02 pm 

Quote:
Thanks for the attached preset. That's how it works. But it doesn't work for me if I reset everything back to factory settings, including the AGC. Then it's just the attack. Even though I'm experimenting with your preset, especially with the pre-AGC, there's no change here either. So there is still a little something here that does not have to be quite correct.
Maybe something is wrong with the RESET functionality right now. Does my preset present a properly functioning AGC? (i.e. you see it move in both directions?)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:18 pm 

Example: Reset everything to factory defaults, activate only the pre-AGC in addition to the AGC, and the AGC will only go down, including the pre-AGC. Nothing else will happen. But you can also see from the waveform that the signal changes significantly. A change in the gate didn't work either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:21 pm 

Quote:
Example: Reset everything to factory defaults, activate only the pre-AGC in addition to the AGC, and the AGC will only go down, including the pre-AGC. Nothing else will happen. But you can also see from the waveform that the signal changes significantly. A change in the gate didn't work either.

If pre-AGC is disabled, do you still observe this problem?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:44 pm 

Here is another example. In order to exclude the gate, I have now increased the preamplification and at the same time completely deactivated the gate. Nothing happens here too. In the rear part of the GIF I changed the threshold value of the pre-AGC at runtime. But even when the slider was on the far right, nothing happened to it. There was no response to this. And again it's nice to see that it's only going down, but not up. As soon as I activate the old legacy mode, everything is back to normal and the attack and release work as usual.

Quote:
If pre-AGC is disabled, do you still observe this problem?
Here on special request the same example only without pre-AGC. Again factory settings +25 db preamplification and release gate deactivated. Here too, it's downhill, but not uphill.

Whatever the difference to your preset, I don't understand. I don't know where these phenomena come from. The legacy mode works without any problems.

Completion:
Here are the same settings as the first picture of this post. The only difference is that the legacy mode is active. And here it works up and down without any problems.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2176 Next