All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1376 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
And they are enabled in the GUI?
Could be interchanging with FM-out

zie viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21311&p=51229&hili ... put#p51229
After the debian distro upgrade we started with loading 8.00 settings in 8.23 and had no signal because of this.

What's also probably a bug : when I create a jack connection from some Rivendell port out (it has quite a lot) to Stereotool in the GUI does not show the right port in and stays on it's setting which was on when started, I mean these ones should always show, SAVE (!) and process the connection just made in e.g. qjackctl and not the settings loaded at startup, that's not ok yet
Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 8.66 KiB | Viewed 6058 times ]

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 am 

Title: Delossifier Not Detecting MPEG Stream

Version
  • v8.55 Beta 015
    64-bit
    Windows
    Stand-Alone
Summary
The Delossifier does not appear to be detecting and repairing MPEG files. The source files are:
    VBR
    MPEG-3
The Audio Chain
  • RadioDJ v2
    VoiceMeeter Banana (no plug-ins)
    Stereo Tool v8.55 Beta 015
    VB-Audio Virtual Cable
    Butt MPEG Encoder for ShoutCast2

Attachments:
NoDelossifier855Beta15StandAlone.png
NoDelossifier855Beta15StandAlone.png [ 162.53 KiB | Viewed 5985 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 am 

I'm actually seeing similar behavior with 8.54.

It seems like little if anything happens to mp3's or mp4's that were compressed @ 128 kbps or above.

For example if I send the same compressed tracks into Zynaptiq's Unchirp with just the compression restore filter I see quite a big difference from Stereo Tool. Not sure if it's a bug or intended behavior. (In other words, if the compression was at a high enough bitrate, the tracks are considered good enough of a quality already?)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 am 
Site Admin

I have made it less sensitive to avoid false positives, but maybe it's too insensitive now. Having said that, daveball's screenshot looks like the audio has been resampled by Windows after compressing (maybe played at 44.1 and Stereo Tool running at 48 or vice versa?), which would kill the detection anyway. The Windows resampler is quite bad and causes all kinds of artifacts...

I have an item on my todo list for 8.55 to look into this again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:54 pm 

Quote:
I have made it less sensitive to avoid false positives, but maybe it's too insensitive now. Having said that, daveball's screenshot looks like the audio has been resampled by Windows after compressing (maybe played at 44.1 and Stereo Tool running at 48 or vice versa?), which would kill the detection anyway. The Windows resampler is quite bad and causes all kinds of artifacts...

Sure enough, VoiceMeeter Banana was re-sampling the audio stream. I made sure that all of the internal audio chain components were set to 44.1k, 16-bit, and I am seeing MPEG detection again. It seems less consistent (more fluctuations in the MPEG detection), but could be my settings.

Thanks for the help Hans!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 pm 

Quote:

Hi Hans,

I plug the following URL into Steretool's VLC feature: http://bit.ly/DoubleJAAC

You'll see it's ~48Kbps AAC+ Audio (i.e. not great quality!). But if you look at Delossifier, quite often it will be up and down, not "steady" like it used to be. It depends on what's playing, you might have to listen/look at it for a few minutes.

This didn't happen in previous versions though (I am using 8.54 at the moment, but I see the same in the 8.55 Betas)

Thanks, hope this helps.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:25 pm 

Hans, could you please have a look at the topic "Delay" in the VST Plugin? Unfortunately there are still problems in the last version. There are apparently only 500 samples left, but in the older version it was always fine. I don't know from which version this "delay" has been added, but I find it very annoying. Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

I've added it to the todo list.

I just ran a few dozen MP3 files through the Delossifier and so far the detection works fine. The only thing is that it's a lot slower than before so it can take a while before it starts to fix things. But, by itself, the detection works fine. Could someone send me a file where it fails? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 pm 

Quote:
I've added it to the todo list.

I just ran a few dozen MP3 files through the Delossifier and so far the detection works fine. The only thing is that it's a lot slower than before so it can take a while before it starts to fix things. But, by itself, the detection works fine. Could someone send me a file where it fails? Thanks!
If you look at that URL I posted above, the stream it provides seems to cause the delossifier issues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:10 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
If you look at that URL I posted above, the stream it provides seems to cause the delossifier issues.
Ah! Now I see the problem. I had to make it less sensitive to certain mastering issues, but I didn't take the lowpass frequency into account - what I did works well to avoid false positives where audio continues upto ~ 20 kHz, but the same thing arond 10 kHz where your stream ends isn't working. It's detecting it properly now, it might be too sensitive now (I've made it more sensitive than before) but looking at your stream and how many gaps there are that's probably better than the opposite.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1376 Next