All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1576 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:26 am 

For more details on the changes in WatchCat, check this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:24 pm 

Quote:
- Bigger font and widgets on 4K screens
Hi Hans, can you please consider making this option for any kind of displays.

Example: I run Stereo Tool on very small 8 inch tablet, with full HD screen and on a 5 inch with 720p screen.

Text is very small on both.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm 

In the last VST version, if the "Fullscreen" mode is active and you then tap Processing on the left, the menu is superimposed on the others. But you can't click on it because the menu disappears very quickly, because the lower part is still too big to show all menu entries.

The new Pre-AGC is really good! Only then will the new AGC be fully operational. Great praise for that!

Just a few questions about the new options:

What does the relative threshold value refer to? Does the attack speed-up mean the attack of the AGC or the pre-AGC? Same question also about release speed-up.

Attachments:
limit_overlap.jpg
limit_overlap.jpg [ 13.76 KiB | Viewed 4916 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
- Bigger font and widgets on 4K screens
Hi Hans, can you please consider making this option for any kind of displays.

Example: I run Stereo Tool on very small 8 inch tablet, with full HD screen and on a 5 inch with 720p screen.

Text is very small on both.
It's not really a 4K mode, it follows the Windows settings. So if Windows tells it that the text needs to be bigger it will increase the font size. Which Windows version are you running on that tablet?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
In the last VST version, if the "Fullscreen" mode is active and you then tap Processing on the left, the menu is superimposed on the others. But you can't click on it because the menu disappears very quickly, because the lower part is still too big to show all menu entries.

The new Pre-AGC is really good! Only then will the new AGC be fully operational. Great praise for that!

Just a few questions about the new options:

What does the relative threshold value refer to? Does the attack speed-up mean the attack of the AGC or the pre-AGC? Same question also about release speed-up.
Relative threshold = relative to main AGC. So you set it for example 12 dB higher to make it react only to sounds that are a lot louder. Speedups are also relative to the main AGC speed, since it's made for loud voices (or other loud sounds) you usually want it to bounce back up faster.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:40 pm 

Thank you for the description! I have included another NaN exception, which happened again by chance.

Attachments:
exception3.JPG
exception3.JPG [ 29.39 KiB | Viewed 4876 times ]
exception2.JPG
exception2.JPG [ 25.37 KiB | Viewed 4880 times ]
exception.JPG
exception.JPG [ 21.65 KiB | Viewed 4895 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 am 
Site Admin

10034 = Advanced Clipper. 10261 = Bass Boost. 10806-10812 = Multiband 2.

Am I assuming correctly that the lowest image was the first message that you got, and that while you kept it open the other messages were added to it?
Did anything weird happen to the audio?
In your Bass Boost settings, is Bass Boost set to Between Multibands or After Multibands?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans, could you please have a look at the topic "Delay" in the VST Plugin? Unfortunately there are still problems in the last version. There are apparently only 500 samples left, but in the older version it was always fine. I don't know from which version this "delay" has been added, but I find it very annoying. Thank you very much!
I just tested it, looks like this is not a new issue but it goes wrong when you enable 'Phase Delay'. Without Phase Delay everything is sample-accurate. I'll add compensation for Phase Delay.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:25 pm 

Quote:
10034 = Advanced Clipper. 10261 = Bass Boost. 10806-10812 = Multiband 2.

Am I assuming correctly that the lowest image was the first message that you got, and that while you kept it open the other messages were added to it?
Did anything weird happen to the audio?
In your Bass Boost settings, is Bass Boost set to Between Multibands or After Multibands?
That is correct. More and more messages were added to the messages at the end. But what's funny is that when I played with the new AGC, the display didn't update every now and then. The control for the AGC was somehow frozen for a few seconds, then it went again.

The bass setting is set to "After Multiband".
Quote:
I just tested it, looks like this is not a new issue but it goes wrong when you enable 'Phase Delay'. Without Phase Delay everything is sample-accurate. I'll add compensation for Phase Delay.
As for the VST delay, I'm a little confused now. I am using the VST64 version under Adobe Audition CC 2018. And there I get a delay with the last beta version even without the "phase delay". Is there anyone here who uses exactly the same version and can test it? Cause I'm a little bit confused there. Is this because of Adobe Audition, or is it a bug that only affects the 64-bit version? Where are we going to put Hans? You got a proposition? I can't test the 32-bit version because Audition only supports 64-bit plugins.

A few more comments:

I'll proceed as follows: First I open a file, then I open the StereoTool. I listen in for a trial and then apply the current preset. Then, if the existing audio file is empty at the beginning, a buffer is inserted in front of it, probably the last one from listening. And then the actual audio signal comes on.

If I proceed differently and don't listen in before applying, then at least this buffer doesn't exist, but there is a delay anyway. Irrespective of whether "Phase Delay" is activated or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

@near05: Can you try it with all filters disabled? So just do a RESET ALL. Then hit Apply immediately without playing any audio first. That way you're testing the same way that I am. You could increase the Pre Amp a bit to see that something is actually changing (otherwise the output should be 100% identical to the input).

I did fix the Phase Delay issue today, so the next beta shouldn't have that shift anymore.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1576 Next