All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 6176 Next
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:11 pm 

Hans, is it possible you can add a configurable "time to execute" for the automatic "restart on buffer issues" for the current version 8.54 and future releases ?
for example, when a buffer issue is encountered, my result is choppy sounding audio until "restart sound cards" is executed or waiting for the time period for "automatic" to count down and execute which is quite long in my opinion.
i would rather not wait what i consider a long time for the automatic restart to happen, a configurable time range between 1 and 10 seconds would be appropriate instead.
thanks !

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:14 pm 

Quote:
While you're talking about Magic RDS, this issue was never solved : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23608
Each time you switch from RT+ to "normal" RT, Stereo Tool will add +00 - to the text :|
To be honest, RT+ can be always on, untill you have the separator in between.

Last edited by drbusy on Fri May 04, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:16 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Still waiting for the ASCII connection by MagicRDS to support AF Method A.
Any thoughts on that? I see no reason why the B Method was on the list.

Please Hans?
Do you dynamically update the list from MagicRDS? I'm asking because if not, it would work just as well if you just set it in Stereo Tool directly. And I don't think it's usually a good idea to change it dynamically (AF method B was created for dynamic switching behavior).
Well, I want MagicRDS to disable the AF functionality when playing regional advert breaks. I see no other option to do this through AF Method A.
I'm not familiar with the Method B, but MagicRDS uses the ASCII method for communication with StereoTool, and the UECP is not working, and I think the AF commands are not implemented/understood with ASCII in StereoTool.
OK, so you will rather kill AF and potentially lose your audience, than just leave it on?
I don't quite see the benefit here.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:23 pm 

Quote:
To be honest, RT+ can be always on, untill you have the separator in between. I don't see big problem here.
It’s not a problem if you just want to send the song title and the artist. It is a problem if you want to send something else during, say, commercials.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:15 am 

On "Absolute Highs," shouldn't "Follow Delossifier" and "Off if no MPEG" be separate options? ("Off if no MPEG" being disabled if "Follow Delossifier" is not used.)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 am 

Hi,

ST doesn't play after upgrade to VLC v3.0.2.
I have also some request to add ^2 to digital mode MB also.

cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Still waiting for the ASCII connection by MagicRDS to support AF Method A.
Any thoughts on that? I see no reason why the B Method was on the list.

Please Hans?
Do you dynamically update the list from MagicRDS? I'm asking because if not, it would work just as well if you just set it in Stereo Tool directly. And I don't think it's usually a good idea to change it dynamically (AF method B was created for dynamic switching behavior).
Well, I want MagicRDS to disable the AF functionality when playing regional advert breaks. I see no other option to do this through AF Method A.
I'm not familiar with the Method B, but MagicRDS uses the ASCII method for communication with StereoTool, and the UECP is not working, and I think the AF commands are not implemented/understood with ASCII in StereoTool.
Ok, I see what you want - you really want to use AF method B though (which I'm not supporting at all - yet). AF method B is rather complex, you can specify which channels always broadcast the same signal and which don't. You also have to modify the PI codes for this to work. In fact, AF method A is ignored by many receivers (they switch to other stations regardless of whether AF frequencies are set in the first place - just based on PI code, I'm kinda guessing here but I think AF method A is really only used by receivers that have only have 1 tuner).

It shouldn't be too difficult to add AF method A support, I'm not too sure though that it's going to do what you expect it to do (stopping receivers from switching during ad breaks).

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:03 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans, One thing that became very useful for some, is the option to Mono (L, R or SUM) at the input. Some old engineers like me are used to adjust processing mono first. If possible, OFC...
Also a good one. Left or right only was already there, I've now added L+R mode as well. So now you have normal stereo, Left, Right, L+R, and L/R swapped. (Any other requests?)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:06 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hans, One thing that became very useful for some, is the option to Mono (L, R or SUM) at the input. Some old engineers like me are used to adjust processing mono first. If possible, OFC...
Also a good one. Left or right only was already there, I've now added L+R mode as well. So now you have normal stereo, Left, Right, L+R, and L/R swapped. (Any other requests?)
A soundcard for input with different SR :)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:31 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I see what you want - you really want to use AF method B though (which I'm not supporting at all - yet). AF method B is rather complex, you can specify which channels always broadcast the same signal and which don't. You also have to modify the PI codes for this to work. In fact, AF method A is ignored by many receivers (they switch to other stations regardless of whether AF frequencies are set in the first place - just based on PI code, I'm kinda guessing here but I think AF method A is really only used by receivers that have only have 1 tuner).

It shouldn't be too difficult to add AF method A support, I'm not too sure though that it's going to do what you expect it to do (stopping receivers from switching during ad breaks).
Thats an interesting reason drbusy for wishing to implement. In fact others with network distribution requirements may also be interested in similar functionality. I see potential in this.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 6176 Next