All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6276 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

I've just put in method A from MagicRDS, Method B is a bit more work so I'll do that when I have more time. I also haven't tested it :( want to focus on other stuff first, but the next beta will have it - I guess someone will complain if it doesn't work as it should. (I did follow the behavior in the debugger, just didn't send it through a decoder to verify correct encoding).

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hans, One thing that became very useful for some, is the option to Mono (L, R or SUM) at the input. Some old engineers like me are used to adjust processing mono first. If possible, OFC...
Also a good one. Left or right only was already there, I've now added L+R mode as well. So now you have normal stereo, Left, Right, L+R, and L/R swapped. (Any other requests?)
A soundcard for input with different SR :)
Hans, let me explain a little bit about this request.

A possibility to choose a different sound card (with different Sample Rate) as you know is very usefull in a FM ST process chain when you work in a digital environment, with AOIP, AES or SPDIF for example within a 48KHz clock.

In one of my instalations, I'm using Stereotool to process FM audio in a station with an AOIP network. In this particular case I'm using Dante. I have a Dante Virtual Sound Card installed in my ST machine but I'm not using that because I will have SRC issues (except in mme mode but then you will have Windows make a poor SRC intead. Btw, in MME mode on input i'm getting too much noise at ouptut).

Result, to get ST onair I'm using the analog input from the Marian Trace Alpha soundcard with 192khz clock and I'm literally throwing away a pristine audio like I have in a Dante network :(.

it is possible to make the ST allow to choose a completely different soundcard for the input (Wasapi, KS, or ASIO if not using at output for example) and put the ST to do a real good sample rate conversion, like in BAone?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:02 am 

Just a quick Q...Matrix in the AGC, is that gone for good? Like the new AGC dont use it? Just asking since I use it on a few stations. And my sound...specialy on classic 80s stations ;)

BTW, greate work on new stuff :)

MrDonT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:24 pm 

Quote:
In one of my instalations, I'm using Stereotool to process FM audio in a station with an AOIP network. In this particular case I'm using Dante. I have a Dante Virtual Sound Card installed in my ST machine but I'm not using that because I will have SRC issues (except in mme mode but then you will have Windows make a poor SRC intead. Btw, in MME mode on input i'm getting too much noise at ouptut).

Result, to get ST onair I'm using the analog input from the Marian Trace Alpha soundcard with 192khz clock and I'm literally throwing away a pristine audio like I have in a Dante network :(.
I am currently using DANTE AoIP with ASIO with Stereo Tool and then have it output it to a non ASIO driver, being the soundcard MPX output to the TX chain. The audio card is running WDM at 192k and have the DANTE ASIO driver at 48k. Have used both the Virtual Soundcard and DANTE VIA but found Virtual Sound Card more stable and capable of surviving Windows 10 updates better.

While I'd love to run the sound card driver in ASIO mode to dramatically improve the latency aspect, I opted to not worry too much given that on the horizon most MPX UHF links will be phased out (2-3 years) in our region and that I would rather see the microMPX facility Hans and the team built integrated into Stereo Tool as a alternative (license-able) option. Via IP, latency is trade off, but to maintain audio quality, it is definitely worth it.

Fingers crossed this might happen soon as I am aware of numerous stations running both software and hardware encoders/decoders (eg Barix) that would see benefit (and enhanced audio quality!) but moving to something that runs MPX across an IP network in a encoded format built for it.

As well as microMPX to carry MPX via IP, I would love to see an option to encode the audio into a DAB/DAB+ stream and route it via IP to it's destination as well! :-)

Regards

Rossco

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:23 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hans, One thing that became very useful for some, is the option to Mono (L, R or SUM) at the input. Some old engineers like me are used to adjust processing mono first. If possible, OFC...
Also a good one. Left or right only was already there, I've now added L+R mode as well. So now you have normal stereo, Left, Right, L+R, and L/R swapped. (Any other requests?)
Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 pm 

I'm running the 32bit version of the 8.54 Jack Linux Version (is there any newer beta?). Jack is set to 192000 Hz. The FM Output goes into Liquidsoap and produces an 192000 Hz FLAC Stream for MPX Streaming. When I additionally switch on the Normal Output and set this either to a soundcard or any other Jack software the FM Output looses the complete FM part. Please see screenshots:

Without Normaloutput:
Attachment:
StereoTool1.gif
StereoTool1.gif [ 242.99 KiB | Viewed 4165 times ]
With Normal Output:
Attachment:
StereoTool2.gif
StereoTool2.gif [ 234.97 KiB | Viewed 4165 times ]
I'd like to stream MPX as well as normal Webradio from the same unit.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

And FM output is not set to the same Jack output??

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:00 pm 

Yes:
Attachment:
STereoTool3.gif
STereoTool3.gif [ 55.36 KiB | Viewed 4119 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

That is very odd. Can you see anything in qjackctl? The audio that's sent to the sound cards is the same as in Windows (only the output itself is different, the whole sample rate handling etc. is the same).

Which would mean that if you try this on a PC, it should fail as well, unless Jack does something odd.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:53 pm 

With the 9.00 Beta 065 i can't reproduce it in windows. Do you have a JACK Version of that Beta, too?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6276 Next