All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1776 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:27 am 

Not new but is this intentional?

For MBs there're 2 entries for "Flat Frequency response" in the ini-file, an old and new one.

The new one is changed but the old one stays the same when adjusting in the GUI, saving a profile or exiting the host.
However when closing and reopening the GUI the old one is changed, too.

If they're related should'nt they be adjusted both all the time (especially when saving a profile)?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:18 pm 

HARD LIMIT does not work properly, output "peak"! moments after 87 kHz!
Attachment:
hard limit not works.jpg
hard limit not works.jpg [ 14.17 KiB | Viewed 5817 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:56 pm 

Here are two AM presets that I've used - one for talk the other for music. They are both full-spectrum for the North American market. (10 kHz bandwidth).

They both emphasize the 5 kHz to provide more presence with cheap AM radios. They also sound good on a Carver TX-11a (full-spectrum AM receiver). Both are mono presets. I have C-QUAM transmission facilities and will test a C-QUAM preset sometime in the future.

Brian

Attachments:
File comment: AM Presets
AM-Presets.zip [185.92 KiB]
Downloaded 221 times

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:14 am 

hi Brian
about your preset ,i.m testing in my radio is a pwm AM SPAM 1000 and the receiver is a sdr RSP2 and the version off stereo tool is the beta 8.55..LOOK IT SOUNDS VERY GOOD HAS NO MAJOR PROBLEMS only the highs is alitle bit hard may be from the emphasize bcs is 75μs i try it with 50μs but you can manage them with diff ways ...i used this preset as dsp and as stand alone
thanks for your post, any way here is no for presets discuss but only for the version ...so about the beta version in my system HANS is stable until now and it sounds as must and i,m wait the new am presets in the final version..... :lol:
thanks 73

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 am 

Quote:
hi Brian
about your preset ,i.m testing in my radio is a pwm AM SPAM 1000 and the receiver is a sdr RSP2 and the version off stereo tool is the beta 8.55..LOOK IT SOUNDS VERY GOOD HAS NO MAJOR PROBLEMS only the highs is alitle bit hard may be from the emphasize bcs is 75μs i try it with 50μs but you can manage them with diff ways ...i used this preset as dsp and as stand alone
thanks for your post, any way here is no for presets discuss but only for the version ...so about the beta version in my system HANS is stable until now and it sounds as must and i,m wait the new am presets in the final version..... :lol:
thanks 73
Thanks for the feedback. I equalized the frequencies about 5 KHz to be +10 dB to give some extra brightness and to get around the poor audio quality in most radios today. The music preset should be a bit softer. With a good SDR, you would definitely want to choose 50 mS of equalization or pull back on the band settings on the second Multiband processor.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:54 am 

hi again BRIAN
i have done all these and i,m running the preset as you wrote here ..is very good. ..
thanks again 73

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:32 am 

These preset related posts should be relocated the the share your presets section of this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:41 pm 

Does anyone know what might cause an audio dropout issue like this?

I've isolated the problem to Stereo Tool.

I've encountered this once before a while back. I was running 64 bit Stereo Tool via Jbridge in Foobar, and I believed I had solved it by toggling on the Jbridge setting "USE_IPC_THREAD_SAFETY" which is off by default. In that case, the dropouts were happening right at the start of any track, and stopped with that Jbridge setting toggled on (i.e., set to 1).

This cropped up again, this time at the end of a track. (3:28 track, starts at 3:03), and that Jbridge setting is definitely on. It only happened once (as far as I can tell).

Using the latest beta...

Anyone seen anything that looks like this before?

Edit - I just re-processed this track with all the same settings and the problem didn't happen. So I don't know how to reproduce it. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:09 pm 

I must now return to the issue of pre-AGC. What I have noticed during the last days and weeks of testing. In the actual AGC I have a threshold of -12 db, the default value. Now I have set the threshold value in the pre-AGC very much higher (15x) at about 23 db. If I now use a piece of music that is relatively loud, then the pre-AGC works very hard and not only on the tops, it still responds constantly. Probably comes from the declipper, because it had to do well. If there are even more extreme peaks now, the pre-AGC processes them by reacting very quickly (6 db in some secounds). But since the Pre-AGC has no Sudden Jump Protection, it still responds too strongly. You can hear correctly how the signal is compressed. These are some unpleasant peaks that cause this. Would it be possible to provide the pre-AGC with a little more settings? Sudden-jump prototection would definitely make sense. I have tried out a lot with the settings here. Unfortunately, however, there have been cases where the AGC is too much of a signal. At the old AGC I find the built-in compressor did here its usual. This compressor also had an additional side-chain. The new AGC has only one single side-chain, which is also shared by the pre-AGC. I think the DC mainly influences the signal. The new AGC is much more precise than the old AGC and therefore reacts very strongly to large fluctuations. Wouldn't it make more sense to hire the AGC before or after the AGC? I'm just referring to pure measurement, not packing the AGC in front of the DC. If you turn off the DC, there is no such extreme behaviour when playing very loud music.

Last edited by near05 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm 

Hi Hans, Could I please offer a suggestion to improve communications through the beta process? I think the forum provides a good way to discuss issues and such during development. However, I think what might be missing is an organized way to present new features. When you release a new beta you put out a list of changes and planned changes and that's great. However, what I'd like to suggest is more of a blog presentation. Whenever you release a new feature, you write up a nice blog entry that tells about the feature, what it does, and some basic default recommended settings. I'm not talking about a huge document, but perhaps two or three paragraphs would be plenty. Also, if someone else helps you create a new feature, they could write up the blog entry as well.

A typical blog is also searchable so if I wanted help with an older feature, I could type it in and get right to it. You could also archive posts if a feature is discontinued or changed in a major way.

Any thoughts on this?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1776 Next