All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1216 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:10 pm 

Cause i want to test the "drop" of the sound with the above track that i give to the forum.
I know it has many bands(256, 512...), so i want to test it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 pm 

Hi Hans:
I find another error.
The error appeared after modifying the "Stereo Image" settings and returning to the Goniometer screen. I was able to close the error and the reproduction continued without crashing.

I can't attach the error image -> Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached :cry:

Best regards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm 

Quote:
Hi Hans:
I find another error.
The error appeared after modifying the "Stereo Image" settings and returning to the Goniometer screen. I was able to close the error and the reproduction continued without crashing.

I can't attach the error image -> Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached :cry:

Best regards.
You could upload it to imgur.com and paste a link to it here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm 

I think that's error in goniometer display settings. I can choose display mode of the goniometer by mouse clicking on it... after restart of ST i must do it again.. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 am 
Site Admin

I've removed the quota, please try again! (O, and please also include the exact version you're using).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:38 am 

Version: ST 8.54 BETA 009 - Standalone - 64bit
Info: The error appeared after modifying the "Stereo Image" settings and returning to the Goniometer screen. I was able to close the error and the reproduction continued without crashing.
Attachment:
Error.jpg
Error.jpg [ 25.02 KiB | Viewed 5237 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

Ah! That's exactly the same error that you had before! (The address may have moved but that's only because of the rebuild). This is very interesting, because before I couldn't find anything that could have caused this... now that it happens again in a new build at exactly the same place, I *know* it has to be in this piece of code. (It still doesn't make sense to me, but I'll dive into it again).

Edit: Ah!!! I just tried what would happen if I send a NAN through the whole chain with Absolute Highs enabled (which I think is disabled in all of the built-in presets, but not in yours). I got a crash exactly at the spot of your error! So, I'm guessing now that editing the Stereo Image settings caused a NAN which in turn triggered this error (and, as you noticed, only once; it recovered immediately afterwards). So, I fixed the crash now (added protection against NAN's in Absolute Highs). The next thing to do now is to try to figure out where the NAN came from. Do you remember what you changed exactly?

I'll run a new build tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:51 pm 

Quote:
Ah! That's exactly the same error that you had before! (The address may have moved but that's only because of the rebuild). This is very interesting, because before I couldn't find anything that could have caused this... now that it happens again in a new build at exactly the same place, I *know* it has to be in this piece of code. (It still doesn't make sense to me, but I'll dive into it again).

Edit: Ah!!! I just tried what would happen if I send a NAN through the whole chain with Absolute Highs enabled (which I think is disabled in all of the built-in presets, but not in yours). I got a crash exactly at the spot of your error! So, I'm guessing now that editing the Stereo Image settings caused a NAN which in turn triggered this error (and, as you noticed, only once; it recovered immediately afterwards). So, I fixed the crash now (added protection against NAN's in Absolute Highs). The next thing to do now is to try to figure out where the NAN came from. Do you remember what you changed exactly?

I'll run a new build tonight.
Yes Hans.
I remember moving the "Image phase amplifier", "Image width amplifier" and "Center Bass" settings. Then I went back to the Goniometer screen and the error appeared.

Thanks Hans.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:10 am 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 8.54 BETA010

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 54-010.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 54-010.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 54-010.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 54-010.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 54-010.dll

CHANGES:
- Check compressor levels further -> Improved "Low CPU" mode: Much closer to normal mode now
- Octavafm's crash -> Happened once, didn't kill the audio (beside at the moment itself), recovered, message could be closed. Happened while changing parametric eq settings, but it crashed in Absolute Highs. Nothing suspicious according to Valgrind.... - Solved, was triggered by a NAN which caused a calculation to give an unexpected result, which caused a table lookup outside of allocated memory. Error has been there for almost 2 years, but would only occur if you have a NAN issue and Absolute Highs is enabled.
- Matt's MB1 NAN behavior (does not reproduce here, more info needed) --> Code added, long test running, all good so far
- SST update installer
- SST & ST update Matt's preset (Dense 3)
- Check merge use_ [1] from 8.54 to 8.53?
- Dequantizer effect on lossy codecs? -> 0.25 dB improvement on 16-bit audio without noisy sounds, if not using Noise Gate.
- MicroMPX Bits shifted -> Seems OK now, merge back into 8.53
- Run SST 8.53 release build

OLD CHANGES:
Verified the code with Valgrind, found a few somewhat suspicious things (calculations that were using uninitialized values on the first run) that are fixed now. This probably has no noticeable effect, but it could potentially solve some issues. Also found one bug with Valgrind when loading presets.
- Check if goniometers take latency into account
- RMS compressor mode fails in 8.53??? Just dies, no more compression, but audio output and limiters still there. (Possibly fixed, waiting for feedback)
- Omnia.9: Give more output values for smoother meters
- SST installer
- SST web gui fixes Koek
- Check report of VST crash in ProppFrexx (does not reproduce here, more info needed) ==> Solved, was not a Stereo Tool bug.
- Dropout when playing MPX2.flac in Winamp plugin
- Add MP3 detection sensitivity for variance to avoid detecting lowpassed audio as lossy
- Check MB1 Digital mode, reported to not work anymore
- Add Goniometer level compensation (in fact, just moved Pre Amp further in the chain)
- *Probably* fixed crash reported by Wunjo (CPU related, so I can't easily test it).
- Combined and reorganized Compressor calls for better cache behavior and fewer separate threading calls.
CPU load with identical settings: 6.7% before combining threads, 6.5% after, 6.4% after improving cache.

- Omnia.9: Clean up L-R area when AutoPilot is active -> L-R should not even be demodulated in that mode.
- Optimize Peak mode as well? -> No, but Average is possible (and done now).
- Add goniometer More places?
- Finished optimizing performance Auto EQ etc. DONE, 9.5 times faster than in version 8.52!
- Finished optimizing performance of AGC
- Optimized performance of Multiband 1, Multiband 2 and Singleband in RMS mode (factor 3).
- Buffer issue Triple
- SCA was broken - only for threads > 1
- Gray screen Wolf
- Optimized Auto EQ and new AGC performance (partially done) -> Output can be slightly different with 'Low CPU' enabled (possibly even better!)
- Added MagicRDS remoting support (Pira program)
- Auto EQ was missing in main page
- Increase NAN detection thresholds (test with new AGC with insane input levels)
- Omnia.9 return clipped audio via callback
- Omnia.9 logging remove time and \n
- Scheduler killed new AGC setting!
- MicroMPX decoder web interface could hang on right click on tray icon
- Buffer issue Generic plugin - needs to be tested.
- SST increased contrast
- SST wrong word in MicroMPX settings

TODO:
- Added more NAN logging (the location where it's detected first is now logged).
- External RDS
- Linux XCreateDisplay issue (strace output?)
- Report of Linux Jack version crashing - since 8.52
- Would a times 32 version be useful? (Or at least for ARM-based?) (Even more so now that the behavior is much closer!). Test performance.
- WatchCat website
- Set maximum to L-R asymmetry?

- Would multiple where_i_am start points improve attack? YES!!!! Think about how to implement it...
- Extra AGC?
- Compressor/limiter on input before AGC to handle extreme sounds? / 2nd AGC with higher threshold for voice tracks
- uMPX 24x2ch interface
- One bass page
- New bass effect
- Revisit new Hard Limit / Final Limiter with Matt

- GUI: Hide disabled stuff, far less confusing / much cleaner interface.
- Talk to chip
- 2 jaar
- Fardau
- -24 dB side chain range?
- Bigger font on 4K screens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:15 am 

Veghel..we have a problem :D

Attachments:
Naamloos2.png
Naamloos2.png [ 225.46 KiB | Viewed 5060 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1216 Next