All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 8.52
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Before I added libsndfile.dylib, now I replaced that by libsndfile.1.dylib. So I hope it runs now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:34 pm 

Hi Hans,

if you look at my post you'll see that I also had to correct another error; 2. Copied libvorbis.0.dylib to /usr/local/lib/.. But after this correction it worked. The last version online will not work untill libvorbis.0.dylib is correctly linked. Could be an error in the compiler.

"libvorbis.0.dylib" is correctly located in the package but for some reason the os will not see this.

MrDonT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am 

I watched some video about multiband processing and this processor has very nice frequency adjusting, i think ST should be also like this:
https://youtu.be/yRWUp0AynDw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:36 am 

Hi. Since 8.52, I often (like every 10 or 20 minutes) have this error message :

EXCEPTIONOCCURRED IN Display Two Got NAN input for black GATE This is not a serious pr but it should not happen

It can happen anytime when I’m tweaking something. When it happens, the blue meters (I’m using blue meters theme) in Multiband disappear, and it sounds like there’s no compression anymore. The limiters keep working though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:03 am 
Site Admin

@PaddyC: Are you using the new RMS mode with Feedback^2 mode combined, and very loud input? If so, I probably know what the problem is and have already fixed it in the current code (I haven't built a beta yet - I'm in the middle of a rewrite of some part of the code and I have to finish that first).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:06 am 

Not too sure for loud input but yes, using new RMS and feedback^2.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:36 pm 

Hey Hans,

I am currently on 7.85.076, the old Beta that is flawless. I simply stopped there and ran with it and it's been superb since 2016.

I am registered for everything, except the new: Delossifier and Advanced Dymnamics. I have: DeClipper, Natural Dynamics, PNR Noice & Hiss, Advanced Clipper, LLM, and File Polling.

So my question is this: Are the new options even required? Does Adv Dyn replace Natural Dyn? What's up? I did a comparison of extended otions, some are gone, some are expanded...

Thx...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, those new features are *new*, so you can update to the latest version without changing your license, and your preset should basically still work. For a description of the new features click on the "which license do I need" link in the products page. You don't NEED to have them, but you can make a better sound if you add them. (But without them you can already make a much better sound in 8.52 than in 7.84/5).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:19 pm 

Ok Hans.

Thanks again for a great processor. You should be receiving a note shortly.