All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:10 pm 

I have worked directly with ASI on this card, and have one in house that I have been testing. It works exactly as advertised, I have it on the air running digital MPX to a Nautel transmitter, and also feeding the Nautel Exporter at 44.1, all running ASIO mode with Stereo Tool at 192Khz native sample rate, feeding the input with 48Khz AES audio. The primary AES output does not have an SRC so it will run at the full 192, the 2nd AES output has an adjustable SRC for feeding HD or some other destination that can't handle 192khz AES audio. And to answer the issue of the 2 5810 cards, I had that solution working as well, but you CAN'T run them both in ASIO, you have to run them in WDM, the 5812 card though, because it's all on one card, can be run in ASIO with no problem. To answer the question about also feeding a streaming input, unfortunately, to run in ASIO with FM, the entire card must run at 192Khz, this will present a problem with your streaming encoder, not to mention when you set the card in ASIO mode, it now exclusively is tied to the application running it in ASIO, so to my knowledge, you can't connect any other application to that card. FYI, they are building a new Low Latency driver as well for both the 5810 and 5812 cards that will allow them to be run clear down to 64 samples like the Marian Trace Alpha and ESI Juli@. As to the price, as others have pointed out, ASI cards are typically a little pricey, but also run forever. Street price on this card, depending on the dealer should be around ~$800, all depends on how much the dealers end up marking the price up, consider that list price on the 5810 is $650 and can usually be purchased for around ~$550, again, depending on the dealer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:04 am 

Hi,

Anyone knows where can we buy this soundcard in Europe?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:19 am 

Quote:
http://www.radioworld.com/tech-and-gear ... ard/340519

This card was designed specifically for Stereo Tool and Omnia SST.
That link is 404 now.

Update to https://www.radioworld.com/tech-and-gea ... s-mpx-card :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:36 am 
Site Admin

It's on AudioScience's main page: http://www.audioscience.com/

I don't know where to buy it...