All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 621 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:34 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Error 404 when I try to download last beta? Seems server is offline?
I got a message that my server was over quota (and a lot too, without any warning before, no idea how that is possible). I accidentally removed a few too many files when I was cleaning up disk space. Anyway, the latest beta is from over 2 weeks ago by now so it's getting time for a new one anyway.
Jep such things can happen :) no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 41-027.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 41-027.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 41-027.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 41-027.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 41-027.dll

CHANGES:
New "Experimental" section, containing:
* NEW AGC
* New Spectrum Controller (replacement of Power Bass/Power Highs), adjusts the spectrum BEFORE the AGC, without affecting dynamics or loudness.
The Analog compressors now have new "Max ratio" and "Max ratio at" settings to have dynamic ratio's depending on how the amount of attenuation.

- Fix crash
- Check FB^2 ratio - Found fixed for NCME
- Make copy of Adjustment and only turn of if MAIN drops far enough. Should get rid of temporary rises (Abba)
- Fix "Shape" in new RMS mode (just square it?)
- Add Sudden Jump Protection (directly to compressor if possible)
- Fix Triple Normal Output separate processing clipping level if pre-emphasis for FM is disabled.
- SJP: Fix Attack speed (don't use weird Shape)
- SJP in SC mode broken in MULTICORE mode.
- AGC: Gate before Drive
- SJP: Compensate for window edge
- SJP: Remove dependence on latency setting (2048)
- SJP: Test at lower latencies: 4096, 2048, 1024, 512, 256, 128
- SJP: Better lookahead. NO. Good enough.
- AGC: Make lookahead depend on SJP on/off.
- Dynamic ratio: Weird behavior with 1.001:1 as start.
- ACP: Add On/Off in SC.
- SJP: Channel merging: Fix display
- Fix Max Ratio in GUI (break out in separate subpanel)
- SJP: Auto-calculate Level Boost
- SJP: Remove dynamic ratio and add asserts.
- SJP: Add support for ratio
- SJP: Auto-recover when close to target, so Level Boost is less critical -> Not needed I think?
- Test compressor behavior, compare with 8.40 and verify no changes
- Add licensing code (SC, Dynamic Ratio)
- SC ACP: Speeds should not affect it!

OLD CHANGES:
- Switched to a new compiler, slightly better performance (+3%)
- Improved NAN recovery handling and fixed 2 possible causes of NAN's
- Added maximum threshold to the compressor, it doesn't do anything if the input exceeds that level.

TODO:
- Fix crash when changing number of bands in Spectrum Control.
- Add Parametric EQ to AGC 2
- RDS: 8 character words with <| go wrong
- RDS: Empty fields - remove?
- Old web interface BP
- 9sg - update to latest code
- SJP: Weird stuff at very low latencies with SJP levels, goes up and then down sometimes.
- Try new stereo widener idea
- Growling bass (add to True Bass as post filter, compare with https://www.refusesoftware.com/lowender ).
- ladspa? r.co

- SST: Make it switch to backup input when the normal/FM signal switches.
- Make new pre-AGC thing BUSY
- Redesign AGC BUSY
- Share PEQ, convert attack/release?
- Linux version crashes in latest Debian (Jack compatibility issue?)
- NAB! LW!
- RDS: Make note in help about shared drives. Also send to Omnia.
- Smarter stereo-to-mono conversion (only when needed). Use amount of reduction instead of maximum degrees!!!
- Fix Bass boost frequencies in SST
- Make compressor with alternative ratio implementation
- Classical music compressor
- Add phase filter to LW version again?
- SST preset upload: Make sure they are ordered correctly. And how to put the new one up front?
- Wolf Stahl NAN error -> Still trying to reproduce...
- uMPX web interface
- Hide inactive filters in bottom display (option)
- Disabling FM output makes Normal output pre-emphasized, even in SST.
- Test clipping
- NAB
- WASAPI exclusive mode disables certain things, make it possible to disable it (David O'Nell)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:08 pm 

What's all that stuff about Sarah Jessica Parker? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Let me highlight this:

New "Experimental" section, containing:
* NEW AGC
* New Spectrum Controller, adjusts the spectrum BEFORE the AGC, without affecting dynamics or loudness.
The Analog compressors now have new "Max ratio" and "Max ratio at" settings to have dynamic ratio's depending on how the amount of attenuation.

SJP is Sudden Jump Protection :)

Note: The Spectrum Control and Max Ratio will require a new license feature ("Advanced Dynamics").

Spectrum Control is basically a much better replacement for Power Bass/Power Highs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:00 am 

So "Max ratio at" sets a 2nd upper threshold where with "Max ratio" a stronger ratio is applied? That sounds like a minor variation of a knee.

Quote:
[...]- Fix "Shape" in new RMS mode (just square it?)[...]
Why did that need fixing and why new RMS only?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:19 pm 

Good question. Here's a few thoughts:

- Knee always starts at 1:1. Max Ratio allows you to set the starting point.
- "At" is intended to usually be a large value, such as 8-12dB. If you used a large value like that for knee, you would notice the compressor gets stuck with lots of gain reduction and only the last few dB do any real work. The curve for Max Ratio is much different, and will let more of the range of the compressor work.
- Max Ratio can create a sound similar to certain classic compressor designs. Whereas Knee is just knee, and won't sound like much besides a knee.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
So "Max ratio at" sets a 2nd upper threshold where with "Max ratio" a stronger ratio is applied? That sounds like a minor variation of a knee.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:58 pm 

okay, new AGC idea and concept, but:

- where is PEQ for sidechain? ('drawing' eq for 21st century, really?)
- where is simple attack and release times like orban or omnia type? complicated times like 42342324.87877db/s with ADDITIONAL times in milliseconds goes my OCD and energonomic feel to the hell (hard to set)
- add some hardcoded sidechain curves to PEQ sidechain - like bs1170 or official latest ISO modernized loudness curves
- and you planned make this new agc singleband or multiband? additional 2band mode with coupling and proper band linking is needed too in my opinion.
- also this needed 2nd agc like o9 type for burst protection only (same like 1nd agc)

and some thoughts to new dynamic eq aka spectral balance:

- this needed spectral gating for "non-over-reacting protection" in 'FFT' spectral holes, like track/song in intro or outro doesnt have too much lo or hi freqs (some techno or house songs) boost/cut goes to the "max" state, maybe this control must be combined with 'ratio function' for ideal boost or cut setting. or also2 combined with 'treshhold' gating in spectrum (maybe realtime spectrum curve measure and calculate helps this too...). yep, i know its complicated to explain... but works great in my 'concept'
- why this is based on splitband and not in real FFT spectrum domain?

*idea for stenh*

make a 'transients boost delay type' enhancer, with multiband mode. first L-R enhancer boost transients like 222a type, then THAT added transients only DELAYED like MAXX type and mixed together with unprocessed L-R signal. simple and works great. and also 'mono filter aka side filter' great to see too before main processing goes...

Last edited by yan on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
- where is PEQ for sidechain? ('drawing' eq for 21st century, really?)
I just copied it from the old AGC for now, but I can put in a PEQ without much effort.

Quote:
- where is simple attack and release times like orban or omnia type? complicated times like 42342324.87877db/s with ADDITIONAL times in milliseconds goes my OCD and energonomic feel to the hell (hard to set)
Uh.... Those are the 2 top sliders, called "Attack" and "Release". The "Max attack speed" etc are only there to limit extreme attack speeds - you can leave them at their maximum values if you don't like to use them.

Quote:
- add some hardcoded sidechain curves to PEQ sidechain - like bs1170 or official latest ISO modernized loudness curves
There are ITU.1770 bass/head buttons above it! It doesn't display the curve but it does apply them on what you draw.

Quote:
- and you planned make this new agc singleband or multiband? additional 2band mode with coupling and proper band linking is needed too in my opinion.
Not sure yet. When combined with Spectrum Control, it works fine in a single band. But I might add more bands later.

Quote:
- also this needed 2nd agc like o9 type for burst protection only (same like 1nd agc)
That's there, it's called "Sudden Jump Protection". It works the same as in the old AGC.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
*idea for stenh*

make a 'transients boost delay type' enhancer, with multiband mode. first L-R enhancer boost transients like 222a type, then THAT added transients only DELAYED like MAXX type and mixed together with unprocessed L-R signal. simple and works great. and also 'mono filter aka side filter' great to see too before main processing goes...
That's what ACR Stereo is!!! Except that it's not multiband.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

Note: Known issue: If you change the number of bands you get an exception message. The cause is that the pop-up message asking if you want to change the number of bands didn't exist yet. You can ignore the message, but you'll have to change the frequencies manually.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 621 Next