All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 am 

What do you mean with 'now'? Has something changed recently?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:51 pm 

Quote:
Hans, do you think you could recreate that kind of "phazing" i love so much in the lower bands ? just as Emmanuel-Dylan Petit succeded with it's audio processing Stack ? (it could be assorted by a slider that add less or more effect... or a total OFF button) I am sure you can do that, the same way you did for "phase delay"... for me that would be the greatest step to the most crazy audio processor i will never heard ! Please Please, i know you've the skills to do it...
i am speaking of that audio file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz7g8vu5a7zmd ... 9.wav?dl=0
Agree, we've had this discussion before.

ALL, to help Hans out, can you provide a methodology of the sound effect that your chasing. Dont be scared to be far out here, as its these type of effects, triggered under a scenario for a period, that will make ST yet even better!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans, do you think you could recreate that kind of "phazing" i love so much in the lower bands ? just as Emmanuel-Dylan Petit succeded with it's audio processing Stack ? (it could be assorted by a slider that add less or more effect... or a total OFF button) I am sure you can do that, the same way you did for "phase delay"... for me that would be the greatest step to the most crazy audio processor i will never heard ! Please Please, i know you've the skills to do it...
i am speaking of that audio file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz7g8vu5a7zmd ... 9.wav?dl=0
What do you mean exactly by 'phazing'? I did a quick test this morning to see if I could get a sound close to this, result is this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h3rknm32o2ot ... t.wav?dl=0 . Please note: I only spent a few minutes on this and just threw 2 existing presets together, so it's just a rough approximation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 pm 

Hans i think you need to optimize the latest beta, i have gaps sometimes..!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans i think you need to optimize the latest beta, i have gaps sometimes..!
Are you using the new RMS mode?

Edit: I just measured this version and the previous release (8.34) and I see no difference at all in CPU load. Except when I enable the new RMS mode, then it's higher.

For a full FM preset with composite clipping, running on a single core (MULTICORE disabled, Threads set to 1), I'm getting 37% with the old RMS and 39% with the new RMS. This was on a preset with 5-band Multiband. With more bands the effect will be bigger, and with non-FM presets the relative effect will be bigger.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:00 pm 

Yes i am using new RMS mode on both multiband and when i enable Allow low freqs + HQ Pre-clip on Composite clipper i get Gaps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Yes i am using new RMS mode on both multiband and when i enable Allow low freqs + HQ Pre-clip on Composite clipper i get Gaps.
Well I guess that makes sense... not so much I can do about it; I'll have a look at the performance again before I release it but this new method *is* heavier.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
new method *is* heavier.
I managed to slightly optimize it. Next beta.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 36-011.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 36-011.exe
VST: http://---.stereotool.com/download/vst_stereo_tool_BETA836-011.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 36-011.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 36-011.dll

CHANGES:
- Check if 'Prioritize loudness" works as planned, doesn't do too much -> Adjusted slightly, a bit more bass around 50-100 Hz (0.05 dB) has only a very small (0.02 dB) effect on mids.
- Optimize new RMS?
- Maybe suggest auto-update for presets? -> No.
- WatchCat 374 error WAITING FOR FEEDBACK
- WatchCat continuous rename error [MATHIJS] WAITING FOR FEEDBACK
- Removed build warnings - TEST PEQ still ok in web interface -> Ok
- Slightly optimized drawable eq display in web interface.

OLD CHANGES
- Test new RMS +0.9 mode levels, compare with old RMS. -> Was wrong, back to +1.75
- Test Covfefe pressure_follower with low frequency sine waves and fast release to make sure that it's roughly correct.
- Test Covfefe pressure_follower with different release times to make sure that it's correct.
- Fix "Not registered" message
- Fix anti-phase. Tested and seems to work, needs to be implemented to always work.
- RDS word wrap chance for ArcticPalm: Split words if needed. Dave Hartman.
- Added Covfefe follower to greatly improve consistency in the new RMS mode for high Covfefe values
- New RMS mode: Compensate for release speed difference. Is going slower now for bigger drop. New RMS mode: Release is slower for bigger distances, should I fix that? -> See new Covfefe slider (I still need to name it properly)
- SST upload / confirm / download / delete presets
- Long STS file names fixed (more)
- Sound card issue in Generic plugin (2 threads)
- Triple ,0 with GUI doesn't work WAITING FOR FEEDBACK
- New RMS mode: Add channel linking (Explanation will follow)!
- There is a settings bug. If you load any preset, the Leif composite strictness seems to go down to 8. I use 9 in my settings, but I have to reset it to 9 anytime I load a preset, even if that preset already uses 9. -> Long names in the STS file were cut off!
- Clipper "Prioritize loudness" mode. Now also works for non-composite clipper, and much bigger effect.
- LW version removed Diff, Hear, Absolute Highs
- AGC bug: Window did not work properly (caused clicking sounds and jumps) with AGC block sizes smaller than the default block size.
- Clipper: Prioritize Loudness works for composite clipper (see Advanced Clipper -> Sound). Might need further optimization.
- Bug fix (8.34): EQUALIZER could change to Phase Delay graph and vice versa.
- RMS same behavior for DC Waiting for feedback
- Bug fix (8.34): EQUALIZER was still not ok, should be now.
- New RMS mode split in 2 modes: "RMS" which has the same behavior as Peak and Old RMS for DC offsets (the standard behavior), and another new RMS mode with 1.8 dB higher thresholds to be nearly identical to the old RMS mode, to make it easier to convert presets to the new RMS mode.

TODO:
- Test full build with fixed warnings
- ASI test
- NAN error -> Added recovery mechanism
- Reset PNR
- Exception Jelle -> Apparently gone in latest beta
- About box: Add licenses
- Renamed Covfefe to Big release acceleration
- Add preset
- Renumber to 8.40

- Add phase filter to LW version again?
- SST preset upload: Make sure they are ordered correctly. And how to put the new one up front?
- Wolf Stahl NAN error -> Still trying to reproduce...
- uMPX web interface

- Smarter stereo-to-mono conversion (only when needed)
- Hide inactive filters in bottom display (option)
- Disabling FM output makes Normal output pre-emphasized, even in SST.
- Test clipping
- Classical music compressor
- NAB
- WASAPI exclusive mode disables certain things, make it possible to disable it (David O'Nell)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:57 pm 

This might help you more Hans, Gaps are when Latency is on 2048 and more on 4096 not on less options and 1 thread.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next