All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 8.30
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 am 

The reason why the web interface was not working was because the port was in use by some other program. Can you add a warning when the port is already in use?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
The reason why the web interface was not working was because the port was in use by some other program. Can you add a warning when the port is already in use?
Good idea!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:32 pm 

Quote:
I'm not sure if the disabling of PulseAudio has anything to do with it. This version uses PortAudio, which can use either ALSA or Jack.

There is still a Jack-only version, I just noticed that I forgot to put them on the download page. They are there now.
Thanks. I just tried this version and received a segmentation fault when trying to launch it. This is on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with Jackd2 on 64-bit architecture.

Brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:40 am 

Code:
jack_client_new: deprecated
Cannot lock down 82274202 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
Thimeo Stereo Tool 8.31 (for Linux with Jack) (C) Hans van Zutphen, 2001-2017
Segmentation fault
but runs if jack is stopped
Lubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 64-bit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure if the disabling of PulseAudio has anything to do with it. This version uses PortAudio, which can use either ALSA or Jack.

There is still a Jack-only version, I just noticed that I forgot to put them on the download page. They are there now.
Thanks. I just tried this version and received a segmentation fault when trying to launch it. This is on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with Jackd2 on 64-bit architecture.

Brian
I think I found the cause of that. It tries to open the GUI, if that fails (for example if you are running it in an ssh shell, but for some reason it *can* also fail without a good reason) it should switch to non-GUI mode but i was calling 1 GUI function a bit later on which crashed. So I'm guessing that that's it. Can you try again? I have fixed it here locally (so it doesn't crash anymore) but if it;s that, trying a few times should get it running.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Brian
I think I found the cause of that. It tries to open the GUI, if that fails (for example if you are running it in an ssh shell, but for some reason it *can* also fail without a good reason) it should switch to non-GUI mode but i was calling 1 GUI function a bit later on which crashed. So I'm guessing that that's it. Can you try again? I have fixed it here locally (so it doesn't crash anymore) but if it;s that, trying a few times should get it running.
Thanks for the note. I downloaded the latest Linux versions and was able to get the new version with Alsa and Jack to work. The Jack-Only one did not work; however, the newer version seems to be working well.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:33 am 
Site Admin

New issues reported:
- Error 409 - probably fixed
- Use area 0 issue
- BOOK FLIGHT
- Assert when switching latency (Jeroen Platenkamp's preset). Possibly related to NAN error. Looks like a WindowInfo is overwritten while it's still being used.
- FIX LAPTOP
- Try stereo to mono new idea -> WORKS!
- SST license mechanism
- Orban samples, laptop installeren
- Document 44.1/48 MATHIJS
- SST replace recording!
- Clock time with jumps for uMPX? WORKAROUND IMPLEMENTED.
- Block opening 2 same KS outputs
- Wes' and Matt's presets
- Set time between This sound messages
- Name the target OmniaSST.exe
- Wolf Stahl NAN

- Clipper "Prioritize loudness" mode
- Fix anti-phase
- WASAPI exclusive mode disables certain things, make it possible to disable it (David O'Nell)