All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1826 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm 

I try with "Speakers 1 - Realtek..... Kernel streaming 32-192 KHz" - and it makes sound smashed like the sample rate is too low . Then on second try it change the sample rate.. this is what it looks like - but no pure stereo and RDS not exist.
If i return to Realtek...... MME choice - all is superb again
It was not like this in one of the previous betas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I try with "Speakers 1 - Realtek..... Kernel streaming 32-192 KHz" - and it makes sound smashed like the sample rate is too low . Then on second try it change the sample rate.. this is what it looks like - but no pure stereo and RDS not exist.
If i return to Realtek...... MME choice - all is superb again
It was not like this in one of the previous betas
Can you please retry this a few times with both the previous and current beta? I'm asking this because I have seen behavior like this before which was caused by driver bugs - if that's the case I could be on a wild goose chase trying to find something that might not be in my code at all.

I definitely didn't change anything in KS mode in the latest beta (I did change things in WASAPI mode though in BETA023, is any of the I/O's that you selected using WASAPI?)

If it still happens in this version and not in the older version, then which versions did you compare? And could you compare some in between versions (if there are any)? I can't think of anything that would - or should - be able to cause this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:26 pm 

The thing is that i delete previous file and don`t remember what was the beta number
Second, now i don`t have WASAPI in the list. Before it was there and i clearly remember it was OK(the report is somewhere in the past pages)

If that helps - but i still will try any of the 3 back-betas to see

Last edited by DJ-DOGGY on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hm... I have seen WASAPI disappear for some cards too. But I have one sound card in my system that really misbehaves (including blue screens etc when I use it), so I think that's what's causing it here. (And that's the card that disappeared from my list at some point). In the next version everything will be ordered more logically (on sound card name, and within that in the order WASAPI - KS - MME - DirectSound). So at least it should be easier to find stuff.

Things might work normally again after a reboot. (Yes, I know, that should never be needed. But it could still work. I've seen it before).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:45 pm 

Is possible to fix missing correct fonts in sound cartd list win PL version? maybe change font encoding?
P.S. I sent PM with updated preset.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:01 pm 

Ok Hans,
Here is this : I tested (with reboot) all the betas untill 004 back . There also Kernel not working ( it`s the same as latest beta). All versions are the same - looks like low sample rate, stereo light is ON, but no stereo, RDS not exist.

P.S: on old betas i also don`t see anymore the WASAPI - but it was there. Factory resetting not resolve the problem :)

I`ll wait next beta to see if it appear again

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Is possible to fix missing correct fonts in sound cartd list win PL version? maybe change font encoding?
P.S. I sent PM with updated preset.
Best I can do is replace the l with a dash by an l and the s with a ' by an s. I'll try if that works (in the best after the next one, because the next beta is already nearly finished).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Ok Hans,
Here is this : I tested (with reboot) all the betas untill 004 back . There also Kernel not working ( it`s the same as latest beta). All versions are the same - looks like low sample rate, stereo light is ON, but no stereo, RDS not exist.

P.S: on old betas i also don`t see anymore the WASAPI - but it was there. Factory resetting not resolve the problem :)

I`ll wait next beta to see if it appear again
Ok. So whatever happened appears to be a driver issue. (I have tried FM output on my normal Realtek and that works fine with KS). So I will ignore this for now...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 pm 

Quote:
Hans, will you also be updating the perfect declipper VST/DSP for this release? I see you've done some things with Natural Dynamics and some general CPU optimizations.

Thanks!
And.. the new KS/WASAPI sound stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 pm 

I`m on XP- may be the driver is not the same
mine is 5.10.0.7513

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1826 Next