All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Stereo Tool 8.23
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Version 8.23 is available now!

Changes since 8.20 (8.21 and 8.22 were released in the last 2 days but 2 bugs were reported in fringe cases that needed to be fixed):
  • Compressors: Added Feedback^2 mode. Different behavior from normal Feedback mode, Ratio is .
  • New product: Thimeo WatchCat.
  • Avant version added.
  • RDS encoder: Added code 0 for FM 87.5 in the AF list. Seems to be supported by some receivers.
  • Stereo Tool: Added info to .sts files to allow importing them in Omnia SST.
  • SST: Added possibility to import Stereo Tool settings.
  • SST: Attack and release are now faster when slider moves to the right.
  • SST: Attack Multiplier: Attack is now faster when slider moves to the right.
  • SST: Improved naming of many things, to be compatible with other Omnia products.
  • SST: Disabled 'MULTICORE' for latency 128 and 256, and LQLL.
  • SST: GUI: Added glowing yellow line around SST tray icon, to make it more visible.
  • Bug fix: ACR Stereo caused some mild crackling.
  • Bug fix: RDS quadrature mode could cause crackles and overshoots.
  • Bug fix: SST: Loading a preset stopped server communication. Some changes could get lost due to this.
  • Bug fix: MAC VST version didn't work in OcenAudio (actually a bug in OcenAudio).
  • Bug fix: SST: Multiband text below horizontal meters was upside down.
  • Bug fix: Restarting on unhandled exceptions didn't work in 64 bit version.
  • Bug fix: VLC: potential crash when switching between streams due to memory allocation issue solved.
  • Bug fix: 1 channel audio processing was broken in 8.20.
  • Bug fix: More-than-2 channel audio processing was broken in 8.20 due to what appears to be a compiler bug.
  • Bug fix (Stereo Tool, SST, Omnia.7, .9, .9sg, possibly .11, BreakawayOne): Time zone changes ignored after startup on Windows (compiler runtime bug).
  • Bug fix: BS412: Singleband compressor was placed after BS412, should be before.
  • Bug fix: SST: Reset settings when loading preset, it kept the current settings if they were not present in the file.
  • Bug fix: UECP client could hang after connection close. Now a new incoming connection kills the existing one.
  • Bug fix: Equalizer frequency could be either 6298 or 6299 due to rounding errors, causing preset load errors.
  • MicroMPX: New license mechanism for ARM version implemented.
  • Code improvement: Less duplicate code in binary for Compress. Smaller binary, faster build, better performance.
  • 8.22: Bug fix: ACR Stereo was broken since version 8.21 in the 64 bit Windows VST version on i3/5/7's series 2000+ due to a compiler bug, potentially also in other versions depending on what CPU is used.
  • 8.23: Load error in equalizer data in some of the 8.21 builds, due to the 6298/6299 equalizer frequency fix.

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 8.23
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 pm 

Btw are multiband bands less flat in ST when the crossover frequency is higher and therefore nearer to the Nyquist frequency or are they as perfect as the graph suggests?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Btw are multiband bands less flat in ST when the crossover frequency is higher and therefore nearer to the Nyquist frequency or are they as perfect as the graph suggests?
What do you mean by 'less flat'? In total if they all do nothing the effect should be absolutely nothing. You could test that by processing the same audio twice, once with MB enabled and doing nothing, once with MB disabled. Last time I checked, if I subtracted the resulting waveforms I got silence.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:06 pm 

hello hans
i,m using now the last 8.23 and after 10 minutes i have in my screen second mask of stereo tool
is a mistake of my computer or is the programm... i,m using stand alone 64 bit and asio card...and a preset for AM brodcast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
hello hans
i,m using now the last 8.23 and after 10 minutes i have in my screen second mask of stereo tool
is a mistake of my computer or is the programm... i,m using stand alone 64 bit and asio card...and a preset for AM brodcast
Hi, what do you mean by 'second mask'? Is the sound bad, or the GUI? If the GUI, can you post a screenshot?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:32 am 

hello again
just i reinstall the version and now it works...if i have a problem i will make a note to you..
thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:44 pm 

The sound of this version is very nice. I just batch processed some stuff and compared to older, these new ones have an extreme sound,

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The sound of this version is very nice. I just batch processed some stuff and compared to older, these new ones have an extreme sound,
Which version did you use before? There should be no huge differences (although the ACR Stereo bug fix might have quite some impact on certain types of music).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:06 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Which version did you use before? There should be no huge differences (although the ACR Stereo bug fix might have quite some impact on certain types of music).
As we are talking 20.000 batch processed wavs most are still on 7.84, some on 8.00, some on 8.12 but we just decided to reprocess all originals to 8.23 in the next months. Tested on 5.1 surround home theater (wooden speakers), pc speakers (stereo plastic), phone & tablet 8.23 sounds extreme on the settings we use. Especially 120-1000 Hz sound much stronger in their beat. Many seventies and eighties disco recordings are almost as strong as modern dance recordings.

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:29 pm 

One problem I noticed with version 8.23:
RDS time and date are not right.

We are now UTC+2, but is showing +1 and date is 2017/05/02.

We installed this version today after upgrading from 8.00
and hour was not right, then I saw that even the date is one month ahead.

Am I doing something wrong here?