All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Thanks for the release of the final version!
First bug without even listening: all EQs have the frequency 6299 Hz changed to 6298 Hz, causing a funny peak there, because presets obviously still try to load a value for the old frequency but the new (unset) one is actually used.
Which version are you using? I've tried several (DSP plugin, 64 bit stand alone) and I don't see this!

Edit: Ow. I do see it now in the 32 bit stand alone. Wow. This must always have been an issue when switching between different versions!!! (Because what I changed is that I just made the value constant, before it could vary depending on rounding).

I added this to the code:
Code:
    if (freq_i == 6299) 
    {
        freq_i = 6298;
    }
And for the 32 bit DSP and the 64 bit stand alone versions it has no effect... (It does in debug mode though). I'll check if I can make it load either value.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:34 am 
Site Admin

I'm building an update - 8.22, with a fix for this. I will recognize both 6298 and 6299 when loading a preset.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:58 am 

What does the ^2 processing change do or what is it supposed to do? I tried it, and it buried some of my bands and ruined good presets. :? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:06 am 

It's a new feedback compression mode. In the original feedback (100%) mode, the effective ratio was limited to 2:1, at most, no matter what you set the ratio to.

In ^2 mode, the ratios are really obeyed, even when using 100% feedback.

Do not casually enable this checkbox, if you were using feedback previously. You will have to completely rework any old presets if you want to use this new mode.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
What does the ^2 processing change do or what is it supposed to do? I tried it, and it buried some of my bands and ruined good presets. :? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:06 am 

Quote:
Which version are you using?
I tried DSP and CMD and they both have the bug.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:57 am 

I have several problems with the Windows VST64 version.

1. As soon as I select a preset that contains ACR stereo then I get quite funny noises. And I get an inverted signal at the output. If I make a new preset and activate ACR stereo, then everything is also defective. All other.

2. The AGC also no longer works. If this is activated, which is the case with all Preset containing, then the output signal is completely mute. You can see it also in processing. There is nothing to stir there. As soon as you turn it off, then something comes through again.

What I've tried to get the problems under control: Have everything reset to factory settings, nothing has caused. Furthermore, I have the INI file completely deleted, has also brought nothing.

I've tried it with the latest Adobe Audition version (2017).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have several problems with the Windows VST64 version.

1. As soon as I select a preset that contains ACR stereo then I get quite funny noises. And I get an inverted signal at the output. If I make a new preset and activate ACR stereo, then everything is also defective. All other.

2. The AGC also no longer works. If this is activated, which is the case with all Preset containing, then the output signal is completely mute. You can see it also in processing. There is nothing to stir there. As soon as you turn it off, then something comes through again.

What I've tried to get the problems under control: Have everything reset to factory settings, nothing has caused. Furthermore, I have the INI file completely deleted, has also brought nothing.

I've tried it with the latest Adobe Audition version (2017).
Stereo Delay is placed before the AGC in the chain, have you restarted Stereo Tool after the ACR issue? If not, ACR might have killed the AGC. I just checked and I haven't touched the AGC code since version 8.20, all the files are 100% identical.

I did change ACR though, I don't see anything yet that could have this effect but I'll look further...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:04 pm 

Quote:
Stereo Delay is placed before the AGC in the chain, have you restarted Stereo Tool after the ACR issue? If not, ACR might have killed the AGC. I just checked and I haven't touched the AGC code since version 8.20, all the files are 100% identical.

I did change ACR though, I don't see anything yet that could have this effect but I'll look further...
OK. I have downloaded the current version of today, and tried everything again.

My approach:

First I created an empty audio file. In this I then generated pink noise. Then I created a new instance of the StereoTool, and there to reset the factory settings. Then I selected the Preset under Web DAB Bojcha 7 Wonders. I have not previewed, but the preset 1: 1 applied to the noise. The following result emerged:

Here are all the files I've used, including the result.

Noise:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/clgdh18ybu09e ... e.mp3?dl=0

Result:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqy718enz8jvj ... t.mp3?dl=0

Furthermore, I tried what you wrote. This has unfortunately not brought. Very sad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I'm seeing it here too now. It does look like the AGC gets killed by the ACR (if I start ST without ACR, the AGC works fine, after having ACR enabled it's gone).

Edit: Wow, it looks like a compiler bug. I reduced optimization settings for one loop a bit and now it's ok again. The compiler is incorrectly determining that a variable doesn't depend on another one... but it does... and oddly this only affected the 64 bit VST version. Anyway... it's fixed now. Running yet another new build now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:02 am 
Site Admin

New version uploaded (8.23) with ACR fix.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next