All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:35 pm 

hi hans
what abaout am presets ...you have a old compressor style and etc...do you have in mind a new one??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
hi hans
what abaout am presets ...you have a old compressor style and etc...do you have in mind a new one??
Ah, I haven't touched those in ages... You'll probably get better results if you take an FM or streaming preset, disable FM and enable AM instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Any more responses about the FB^2 mode? I kinda want to decide whether to keep it or not... And since I've fixed a few important bugs today, I also want to release a new version soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 pm 

Hans:
I vote for the Feedback 2 mode. It seems to make things sound more analog. Another nice feature.

I also want to mention I am new to the forum but not to Stereo Tool. I'm amazed at the knowledgeable people on this forum. I have been following the progress of Stereo Tool and it is sounding good. You have come along way.

Thanks,

Garry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:35 pm 

Quote:
Any more responses about the FB^2 mode? I kinda want to decide whether to keep it or not... And since I've fixed a few important bugs today, I also want to release a new version soon.
The difference is notorious in the response of the compressor, it is more smooth and natural, I think it is a more alternative to to create a preset. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:50 am 
Site Admin

Hi all,

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 21-007.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 21-007.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 21-007.dll

CHANGES:
- 1 channel audio processing was broken in 8.20.
- More-than-2 channel audio processing was broken in 8.20 due to what appears to be a compiler bug.
- SST: Figure out way to show ms values in sliders with negative direction Wait for feedback, maybe in Hz or / in front of it?
- SST: Attack Multiplier: Remove the x values? Maybe 0 in center, -10 to +10? (* and / would make more sense!) Wait for feedback, maybe switch x and /
- SST: Skype call with Jim about names.
- Make Pi image
- Time zone set & gmtime() / localtime() issue in Windows. Get it to Leif
- MicroMPX: Improve pilot merge after drop when using slightly wrong frequency. (How important is this?) -> Not a problem
- SST: Disable 'MULTICORE' for latency 128, maybe also 256. What about LQLL -> Also off What about 512?
- SST: More Skype with Jim
- Possibly add code 0 for FM 87.5 in the AF list. Seems to be supported by some receivers.
- MicroMPX: Check Stokkemask compliance on drops -> Seems ok! Still better to filter! MATHIJS
- BS412: Singleband compressor was placed after BS412, should be before - fixed.

OLD CHANGES:
- Add glowing yellow line around SST tray icon, to make it more visible.
- WatchCat reset, test that output level is 100%
- WatchCat license dingen.
- WatchCat font size
- SST: Reset settings when loading a new preset, now it keeps the current settings - that's bad for new settings!
- Stereo Tool: Add info to .sts files to allow importing them in Omnia SST.
- SST: Improved Stereo Tool settings import
- Make FF and 100% FB^2 behave the same in speeds.
- Perfect Declipper crash
- UECP recv hangs after connection close - web server too??? When do I disconnect? http://tldp.org/HOWTO/TCP-Keepalive-HOWTO/overview.html -> Moved things to a separate thread, and if a new connection comes in the old one gets closed, instead of waiting for it infinitely and ignoring the new one.
- Someone reported that their ASIO card isn't visible in 8.20. It's there in 8.14. Digigram VX222v2. Maybe 32 vs 64 bit issue? -> Looks like it, it works in 32 bit Stereo Tool 8.20.- Build version with only FB^2 mode, without insane CPU load

TODO:
- SST: Text upside down, direction of some controls flipped. KOEK - OHW
- Make Pi version build again (something broke, might have been a fluke)
- 32 vs 64 bit 'error'?
- VLC potential crash when switching between streams fixed.
- Decide FB^2 mode -> Seems to be a keeper, default value?
- LW build
- SST build
- Test Compressor2 sound and CPU load
- Fix these: Compressor2.cpp(1132,3): warning #13379: was not vectorized with "simd", Compressor2.cpp(1139,3): warning #13379: was not vectorized with "simd"
- Make Windows versions build again
- SST: Encrypted uMPX license
- SST: Multiple MicroMPX output IP addresses and ports in web GUI!!! KOEK - OHW
- NAB whitepaper
- SST: Shane manual
- SST: Shane's Lynx card analysis.
- SST: Change something with saving presets/loading presets so you can't accidentally load sound card settings etc. (DANGEROUS, can take you off the air!) "In a processing preset menu, you probably should only load processing files. Other omnia's have separate I/O presets. EVERYTHING is dangerous. HIDE it when in PROCESSING/CLEANUP. Save and recall system stuff separately?"
- SST: Help with ? in top menu which makes things clickable.
- SST: Add built-in help

- SST interface in uMPX command line version
- Spoedcursus audio VANDAAG
- Opdrachtdefinitie - wat precies willen we VANDAAG
- PortAudio MATHIJS
- Framework Radboud MATHIJS
- Entering license in Mac version VST crashes MATHIJS
- WatchCat close issue on Mac MATHIJS
- Add buffer underrun warning - auto detect lowest possible latency??
- Maybe add common logging?
- "Stuck" 1 dB difference multiband compressor mode before AGC
- Thread priority overview
- Continue with AA Ratio, ARS Mode, Max Ratio, check which are needed and adjust GUI to make everything fit again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:28 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
hi hans
Ah, I haven't touched those in ages... You'll probably get better results if you take an FM or streaming preset, disable FM and enable AM instead.
ok HANS
thanks for your info...i,m gonna try one..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:25 pm 

Hello, Hans.

Would you please take a look at positive peak clipping for AM?

In recent versions, I've had a transmitter reach near 140% positive, even though the peak slider is between 100% and 105%.

Last night, I rolled the processor back to version 8.01, beta 001, and positive peak control returned. Also, without changing anything, negative levels were something like 1/2 to 3/4 dB lower, though that was easily adjusted back.

In this application, I'm using a USB audio interface with no ASIO (Henry Engineering "USB Matchbox II").

Thanks.

-Jack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:26 am 

Hello Hans,
Is the Change in BS.412 included in the beta 21-007? Cause I cannot see this in the release notes...
Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello Hans,
Is the Change in BS.412 included in the beta 21-007? Cause I cannot see this in the release notes...
Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Robert
Lol.. I remember that there was something with it but not what it was... Please refresh my memory... :(

(Ah! Singleband compressor was placed after it - thanks Mathijs - yes that's fixed in this version).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next