All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:05 am 

Any fresh links for downloading latest SST?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Any fresh links for downloading latest SST?
Not yet!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:02 pm 

Guys , i tried the other ..new fm processor software created the last 2 months from Leif and made a loudness test with many many presets and guess what!?

Stereotool is the winner !

Advanced clipper on stereotool is much much more loud with less distortions than the other software processor created-updated lately ..

Thanks Hans for your stereotool software !

We , all members , will CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU AS MUCH FEEDBACK AND BUG REPORTS AS WE CAN !

we work for you and we will continue to work for you !

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:42 am 

I must say the same thing too, ST has less distortions than others software, can be clean and loud :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:23 pm 

CRASHHHHHHHHH :)

TESTED ONLY AT 64 BIT LATEST BETA ( i dont know if that happens also on 32...)

when audio buffers ( due to high cpu usage ( i do some strech tests on cpu to be sure that stereotool can ...restart...) but IT DOESNT RESTART AND STAYS ON ERROR :

--- test 1
Exception in: Modify_samples call internal (Exception 0xc0000005 at address 0x13fa9fb5b, read/write=0, r/w location=0x0). Offset-info: 0x13fa85bf9
Restarting: NO ( not restarted , needed to manualy terminate using task manager )

--- test 2 ( after terminating using task manager and clicking on exe again )

Exception in: Modify_samples call internal (Exception 0xc0000005 at address 0x13f4cfb32, read/write=0, r/w location=0x0). Offset-info: 0x13f4b5bf9
Restarting: NO ( the same )

it has to do with cpu resources in combination with sound buffers .

HANS , can you fix it ( fortunately i dont use that beta ON AIR :) ( but anyway i ve got i7 on mountain )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:10 am 
Site Admin

Looking into it now. I did touch some sound card code to optimize it in the latest beta... so something might have broken. Unfortunately I just discovered that I'm not storing debugging info locally for the 64 bit builds... I'll enable that and try to reproduce it - I've seen before that just enabling it (even if it writes it to a separate file) still can slighlty change the addresses in the file, which might make it impossible to find the location of the error.

If I understand correctly, all I need to do is make the buffer starve by running too heavy (in CPU load) processing?

I do see that it happens in SSE-code, not in AVX-code. AVX code would be run on an i3/5/7-2000 series or above. Any older CPU would fall back to the SSE variant. There are some things that SSE can't handle, but AVX can... so if it's that it would make sense (but fixing it would also improve performance for AVX).

Edit: Pooh, that took a while. But I think I figured out what might be happening. Need to do more tests but I can only find one way how the number of samples could suddenly not be a multiple of 8 anymore... I just wish I could reproduce it... :( Will run it in debug mode with asserts tonight.

Edit: Ah, reproduced it now. Great! More tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:34 am 

Thanks Hans!

( i ve tested it OFF AIR on my i3 laptop )
( yeap, i ve made a strech test with 100% cpu usage using other programs at the same time while using stereotool to check if the restart watchdog of stereotool works ...and it didn't .. :(
just in case of DDoS or windows panic :)
Let's wait for the new beta :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I think I found it. Code with multiple threads can be really difficult to grasp... I was resetting one value but forgot to reset another one. That almost always worked fine, it also didn't cause issues on CPU's with AVX, and I could only reproduce the issue when using ASIO (even though it's not at all related to the ASIO code). Anyway, I found something and I think I've fixed it now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:41 am 
Site Admin

8.15 BETA005:

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 15-006.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 15-006.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 15-006.dll
Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone 64: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 15-006.exe
VST 64: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 15-006.dll
Perfect Declipper plugin:
DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 15-006.exe
VST 32: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 15-006.dll
VST 64: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 15-006.dll

CHANGES:
- Crash reported by Camclone
- Made code compile for 9sg again

OLD CHANGES:
- CPU load of I/O and processing framework reduced.
- Run as a service was broken in previous beta, fixed
- Hovering over tray icon now shows version number
- SST: Make IP/PORT changable without web gui
- SST: Settings were stored under stereo_tool.ini instead of OmniaSST.ini
- SST: Added importing Stereo Tool presets
- MicroMPX: Buffer underruns seen on ARM version, caused by logging/tracing library.
- Matt Levin: Annoying crackle in MB band 1 with higher lowpass filter frequency in Sound settings. Only seen on 1 test system, probably a sound card issue. Although it's still weird that he says it doesn't happen in 8.00. Ignoring this unless there's more info coming.
- SST: Preset list was empty on first start
- SST: Multiple MicroMPX output IP addresses and ports CN.
- SST: Launch browser automatically on first start.
- SST: Improved startup screen.
- SST: Currently active presets highlighted
- SST: Prepared for longer list of MicroMPX IP/ports (partially there)
- SST: Clicking on meters in top bar takes you to the page directly
- SST: Top bar meter that corresponds with active screen is highlighted.
- MicroMPX decoder: Shows more startup info and waits for pressing ENTER at end (since it's command line, better if someone clicks on it)
- MicroMPX decoder: Improved handling of out-of-order and lost packets.
- Run as a service added to stand alone version, including different crash restart behavior (just closes if service)
- Catch crashes (should include VLC crashes!)
- Added crash module to error message on crash - often it's a driver.
- Moved reading RDS from file to a separate thread, should avoid hiccups when reading from network drives.
- Bug fix: FM test tones were broken when using Ignore high frequencies (introduced in 8.12).
- Bug fix: VST plugin no longer cuts off the start of songs (bug introduced in 8.14)
- Bug fix: UECP port was always used (even if FM disabled).
- Bug fix: Potential bug in the non-ASIO sound card code that could cause crashes depending on some compiler optimizations (it never caused any problems. But it could!).
- Rewrote error logging code (todo: log to the proper directory).
- Improved something in the compressors to avoid a possible crackle when used in multiband mode with steep filters. Doesn't seem to actually happen though.
- ControlsPanel Destruct() not called when quickly stopping service - Never mind (cannot happen normally, the service version never starts ControlsPanel, test code only)
- Crash in 8.14 DSP - only 1 report so far, without any further info, ignoring for now.

TODO:
- Matt Levin: I was noticing the veil jumping around all over the place last night and remembered the fix was to turn the dehummer on and analyze the audio with silence and then leave it on and it fixed it and sure enough that was the case still
- SST: Skype call with Jim about names.
- SST: Disable 'MULTICORE' for latency 128, maybe also 256. (What about LQLL?)
- SST: Multiple MicroMPX output IP addresses and ports in web GUI!!!
- SST: Add built-in help
- MicroMPX: Improve pilot merge after drop when using slightly wrong frequency. (How important is this?)
- MicroMPX: Check Stokkemask compliance on drops
- Shane's Lynx card analysis.
- Continue with AA Ratio, ARS Mode, Max Ratio, check which are needed and adjust GUI to make everything fit again.
- Check if FEEDBACK^2 needs to be added again anyway, Edwin van der Plank said it should...
- Add buffer underrun warning - auto detect lowest possible latency??
- Maybe add common logging?
- "Stuck" 1 dB difference multiband compressor mode before AGC
- Weird volume issue - Doesn't reproduce anymore. I had a few times that I selected a preset, and suddenly the volume would be too loud so it would sound really bad due to horrible clipping. I also saw a NAN warning on screen when that happened. Haven't been able to reproduce it since, it could be something that has been here for years and almost nevre happens... but I'm not certain if that's the case.
- SST: Change something with saving presets/loading presets so you can't accidentally load sound card settings etc. (DANGEROUS, can take you off the air!) "In a processing preset menu, you probably should only load processing files. Other omnia's have separate I/O presets. EVERYTHING is dangerous. HIDE it when in PROCESSING/CLEANUP. Save and recall system stuff separately?"
- SST: Help with ? in top menu which makes things clickable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:21 am 

Quote:
Thanks Hans!