All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:35 pm 

Curiously since I activated this function, for backup proposes, radio staff detected some flaws in the audio.
I don't know if it's related or not.
In any case, I do not feel comfortable having this enabled in a software that works 24/7.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Curiously since I activated this function, for backup proposes, radio staff detected some flaws in the audio.
I don't know if it's related or not.
In any case, I do not feel comfortable having this enabled in a software that works 24/7.

Cheers!
I just tried the release build (was testing debug before) and it seems to behave exactly the same as version 8.00 (that weird display is gone). So I'm really not sure if there is any issue here - what are you seeing or hearing exactly?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:20 pm 

Since 22/11 5am we run with 8.13B005 without problem where we had with 8.12 :-)
You aslo probably place your finger on the right point ;-)
Thanks Hans

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... er_813.exe
VST 32: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... ol_813.dll
VST 64: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 64_813.dll
Stand alone 32: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... er_813.exe
Stand alone 64: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 64_813.exe
Command line: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... md_813.exe

LINUX:
GUI 32: http://www.stereotool.com/download/stereo_tool_gui_813
GUI 64: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... gui_64_813
Command line 32: http://www.stereotool.com/download/stereo_tool_cmd_813
Command line 64: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... cmd_64_813

Changes:
- (Again) fixed 5.1 audio (was still broken).
- Max Attack and Max Release numbers are displayed incorrectly. Fix how they are displayed.
- SST slider fix
- Fixed a weird (and still unexplained) crash in Adobe 3.0 from 2007, reported by Peter Boer. After disabling some compiler optimizations (because the behavior didn't make any sense at all) the crash is gone... possibly a compiler bug. (?)
- When using ASIO for SCA Input, and using a separate thread, that thread isn't started and the SCA input is never read. Solved now, by disabling separate thread when using ASIO
- ASIO inputs were sometimes showing some dotted overlay that was moving from half-way to the top (and disappearing). Turns out that I was reading the wrong value to determine what to display in the GUI, the actual behavior was correct. Fixed.
- SST: Add Brian's preset

Possibly fixed:
- Report (Dutch language forum): Enabling web interface in the 32 bit version crashes. 64 bit is fine. Possibly fixed, although I only saw an issue when closing it.
- ASIO doesn't seem to work well with 'Ignore high frequencies'; glitches. --> Don't see that here, did anyone else notice this? Possibly fixed - priorities were missing
- Glitches every 10 seconds reported - Possibly fixed - priorities were missing

Previous changes:
- Found and fixed another ASIO buffer filling bug. The buffer wasn't allocated big enough which might have lead to weird issues (although I haven't been able to reproduce any issues here).
- Timeout bug Aaron Jowitt - must have been there for a long time, big VLC buffer sizes could cause sound card timeouts to be reported. Not sure if it's fully fixed yet...
- In one situation, LQLL output doesn't do anything. Need to investigate. -> Odd, seems fine now. Was logging in remotely, not sure what happened.
- VST version doesn't work in Wavosaur -> Works fine here, waiting for more feedback. -> Confirmed to work fine by original reporter with latest beta
- Benchmark composite clipper on Pi 3 with 3 threads! - WORKS, even on a Pi 2 I can run the Composite Clipper *and* Delossifier together now!
- Web interface text boxes add %20 etc.
- SST: Slider precision --> OHW
- SST: Preset list is sometimes empty, requires an SST restart (not sure if a reload of the GUI would help too, more input needed). --> Cause known, moved to OHW
- Bug in 001 with slider behavior - fixed.
- Tested (and confirmed it works fine) but also slightly improved constant clock speed difference calculation. It now averages over at least 12 minutes (that used to be 6 or 3).
- 1 channel audio files are not being processed, causing silence on air (plugin version). More than 2 channels will fail as well.
- Using ASIO for I/O, 192 kHz, non-ASIO Normal output, the Normal output receives 48 kHz audio instead of 192 kHz audio, causing constant buffer underruns, when 'Input without processing' is selected as Normal output source.
- SST: "Clip L/R peaks above" is always disabled, ON/OFF must be automatic based on slider setting.
- CPU core affinities Main 1 and 2 are not saved correctly (overwritten by LQLL affinity settings).
- SST: Composite Clipper must be on by default.
- Volume drop when using old Calibration settings.
- VST plugin: Added check to avoid crashes when the Process function gets called with a negative number of samples (Wavosaur does this with empty files).
- SST: Add presets
- Gate vs Gate Freeze ranges were different, causing sliders to go outside of their range.
- Added built-in self test for sound cards
- Thread priorities were not set after the processing core redesign, might have caused glitches on pc's with less than 4 cores.

TODO 8.14:
- Weird volume issue - Doesn't reproduce anymore. I had a few times that I selected a preset, and suddenly the volume would be too loud so it would sound really bad due to horrible clipping. I also saw a NAN warning on screen when that happened. Haven't been able to reproduce it since, it could be something that has been here for years and almost nevre happens... but I'm not certain if that's the case.
- Rules are meant to be broken in SST disabled when not using DSB
- Add presets

TODO:
- near05: I have found a bug in the last VST version. If you use the 32-bit VST version in the latest Nightly Build of Audacity then it crashes in the following circumstances: Load some FM preset. Disable the FM module, and then change the number of threads in the CPU settings. The first time is also problem-free. Now open another file in Audacity. If you now want to re-apply the StereoTool (Play button in the plugin or the Apply button), then the whole application freezes and everything crashes in sequence. --> Does not reproduce here, and since it's a nightly build and it happend with an older Stereo Tool version, I'm hoping that this was either something in Stereo Tool that's now fixed or a bug in Audacity. It could be a bug in Stereo Tool but as I said I don't see it here.
- Shane's Lynx card analysis.
- VLC issues?

Working on:
- New compressor behavior with Wes Keene
- Continue with AA Ratio, ARS Mode, Max Ratio, check which are needed and adjust GUI to make everything fit again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:58 pm 

This isn't a beta?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:05 pm 

Quote:
- (Again) fixed 5.1 audio (was still broken).
Is this functionality in VST build not inlcuded? There are always only 2 inputs and outputs. It would have to be the logic after 6 inputs and 6 outputs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
This isn't a beta?
This was supposed to be a release, but I found one serious bug today that sometimes causes the sound to be very bad (and very loud - you'll notice it immediately) when switching presets. So, I want to fix that and add a few presets before releasing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:18 pm 

Quote:
Changes:
- Removed AA Ratio, ARS Mode, Max Ratio.
Hans,
Are these settings come back in the 814 Beta?
Still using 8.13 BETA002 with ARS and MaxRatio, clean sound possible for streaming!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Changes:
Hans,
Still using 8.13 BETA002 with ARS and MaxRatio, clean sound possible for streaming!
Yes. The problem is that: 1. these settings aren't completely finished yet and 2. currently the CPU load is incredibly high (total Stereo Tool CPU load became 30% higher since I added these things). So they need to be finished and then optimized. Also I'm not sure yet which of the two (ARS or Max Ratio) works best, it probably doesn't make much sense to include both.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:40 pm 

You probably meant Max Ratio or AA Mode, not both. ARS and Max Ratio are complimentary.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Changes:
Hans,
Yes. The problem is that: 1. these settings aren't completely finished yet and 2. currently the CPU load is incredibly high (total Stereo Tool CPU load became 30% higher since I added these things). So they need to be finished and then optimized. Also I'm not sure yet which of the two (ARS or Max Ratio) works best, it probably doesn't make much sense to include both.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next