All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:21 pm 

Quote:
- VST version doesn't work in Wavosaur -> Works fine here, waiting for more feedback.

Newest beta loads in Wavosaur 32 bit also here, Windows 10 up to date

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:54 am 

Early days, but with initial testing with 8.13 Beta002 of the problems found in 8.12 release now appears to be fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 13-005.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 13-005.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 13-005.dll

Changes:
- Found and fixed another ASIO buffer filling bug. The buffer wasn't allocated big enough which might have lead to weird issues (although I haven't been able to reproduce any issues here).
- Timeout bug Aaron Jowitt - must have been there for a long time, big VLC buffer sizes could cause sound card timeouts to be reported. Not sure if it's fully fixed yet...
- In one situation, LQLL output doesn't do anything. Need to investigate. -> Odd, seems fine now. Was logging in remotely, not sure what happened.
- VST version doesn't work in Wavosaur -> Works fine here, waiting for more feedback. -> Confirmed to work fine by original reporter with latest beta
- Benchmark composite clipper on Pi 3 with 3 threads! - WORKS, even on a Pi 2 I can run the Composite Clipper *and* Delossifier together now!
- Web interface text boxes add %20 etc.
- SST: Slider precision --> OHW
- SST: Preset list is sometimes empty, requires an SST restart (not sure if a reload of the GUI would help too, more input needed). --> Cause known, moved to OHW

Possibly fixed:
- Report (Dutch language forum): Enabling web interface in the 32 bit version crashes. 64 bit is fine. Possibly fixed, although I only saw an issue when closing it.
- SYNC BUG Aaron Jowitt - Probably fixed now.
- ASIO doesn't seem to work well with 'Ignore high frequencies'; glitches. --> Don't see that here, did anyone else notice this? Possibly fixed - priorities were missing
- Glitches every 10 seconds reported - Possibly fixed - priorities were missing

Previous changes:
- Bug in 001 with slider behavior - fixed.
- Tested (and confirmed it works fine) but also slightly improved constant clock speed difference calculation. It now averages over at least 12 minutes (that used to be 6 or 3).
- 1 channel audio files are not being processed, causing silence on air (plugin version). More than 2 channels will fail as well.
- Using ASIO for I/O, 192 kHz, non-ASIO Normal output, the Normal output receives 48 kHz audio instead of 192 kHz audio, causing constant buffer underruns, when 'Input without processing' is selected as Normal output source.
- SST: "Clip L/R peaks above" is always disabled, ON/OFF must be automatic based on slider setting.
- CPU core affinities Main 1 and 2 are not saved correctly (overwritten by LQLL affinity settings).
- SST: Composite Clipper must be on by default.
- Volume drop when using old Calibration settings.
- VST plugin: Added check to avoid crashes when the Process function gets called with a negative number of samples (Wavosaur does this with empty files).
- SST: Add presets
- Gate vs Gate Freeze ranges were different, causing sliders to go outside of their range.
- Added built-in self test for sound cards
Thread priorities were not set after the processing core redesign, might have caused glitches on pc's with less than 4 cores.

TODO:
- (Again) fixed 5.1 audio (was still broken).
- Max Attack and Max Release numbers are displayed incorrectly. Fix how they are displayed.
- SST slider fix
- Fixed a weird (and still unexplained) crash in Adobe 3.0 from 2007, reported by Peter Boer. After disabling some compiler optimizations (because the behavior didn't make any sense at all) the crash is gone... possibly a compiler bug. (?)
- When using ASIO for SCA Input, and using a separate thread, that thread isn't started and the SCA input is never read. Solved now, by disabling separate thread when using ASIO
- ASIO inputs were sometimes showing some dotted overlay that was moving from half-way to the top (and disappearing). Turns out that I was reading the wrong value to determine what to display in the GUI, the actual behavior was correct. Fixed.
- SST: Add Brian's preset
- Weird volume issue
- Rules are meant to be broken in SST disabled when not using DSB
- Add presets
- Shane's Lynx card analysis.
- near05: I have found a bug in the last VST version. If you use the 32-bit VST version in the latest Nightly Build of Audacity then it crashes in the following circumstances: Load some FM preset. Disable the FM module, and then change the number of threads in the CPU settings. The first time is also problem-free. Now open another file in Audacity. If you now want to re-apply the StereoTool (Play button in the plugin or the Apply button), then the whole application freezes and everything crashes in sequence. --> Audacity currently won't run on my laptop for some reason (it hangs on startup), I've tried this in Audition and didn't see any problem there.
- VLC issues?

Working on:
- New compressor behavior with Wes Keene
- Continue with AA Ratio, ARS Mode, Max Ratio, check which are needed and adjust GUI to make everything fit again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:57 pm 

Changes:
- Removed AA Ratio, ARS Mode, Max Ratio.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:07 pm 

Its an old issue. I just reported it but is still happening.

At SCA input, if you use this input in SCA mode, ASIO buffer is quiet. If you choose "No SCA mode, use this soundcard input to normal input" to use as backup, ASIO buffer starts to falling.

If you uncheck "Input 2 separate thread" button you'll have the same beahvior.

My card is a Marian trace alpha.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:29 pm 

i can confirm this problem with SCA too !

I hope it can be fixed Hans :)

I ve made it !! , 11+ dbr of loudness without extreme compression or clipping !

check my work :) :oops: :oops: :oops:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12841

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:02 am 

Hi Hans,
Last version in test, hope sound problem coming from 8.12 is solved :-)
I'll give you feedback
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:24 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Its an old issue. I just reported it but is still happening.

At SCA input, if you use this input in SCA mode, ASIO buffer is quiet. If you choose "No SCA mode, use this soundcard input to normal input" to use as backup, ASIO buffer starts to falling.

If you uncheck "Input 2 separate thread" button you'll have the same beahvior.

My card is a Marian trace alpha.
I don't see any problems here. What does 'ASIO buffer is quiet' mean? And what does 'starts to falling' mean? When I enable SCA Input (used for SCA), I do see a portion of the input turn dark (overlay) which shrinks and disappears, and then comes back, but that doesn't appear to cause any issues.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:50 pm 

Quote:
I do see a portion of the input turn dark (overlay) which shrinks and disappears, and then comes back, but that doesn't appear to cause any issues.
So, that behavior, continuously, is normal?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I do see a portion of the input turn dark (overlay) which shrinks and disappears, and then comes back, but that doesn't appear to cause any issues.
So, that behavior, continuously, is normal?
No. But I'm not noticing any problems... Are you? This is not ok but if it doesn't cause issues I don't want to spend time on it now.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next