All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Stereo Tool 8.12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

A week ago, Stereo Tool 8.12 was released. For bug reports received so far see below.

- Framework: Added support for upto 7(+7) threads, works much better on slower CPU's with many cores.
- Framework: Added Quality settings > 100% (OmniaSST only). With this, latency can go down to 128 samples (5 ms analog input to analog output).
- Framework: Smooth preset switching - no more hiccups if the same filters are used, also faster.
- Linux version: High CPU load (100%) in one thread fixed.
- Linux version: Made plugin for Rivendell (and other programs that want to use it). Not yet fully tested.
- Linux version: Didn't run on Fedora. Fixed.
- Memory usage reduced.
- Sound cards: Resampler improved, now measures separate buffer filling and speed offsets.
- AGC: Added Gain slider.
- AGC: Added Windowing.
- Compressors: Added Windowing.
- Composite Clipper: Rules are there to be broken mode could cause occasional 1-sample overshoots. Fixed.
- Low Latency monitoring: Affinity setting added.
- Low Latency monitoring: Latency selection added.
- Removed lower lowpass filter for high frequency input at lower latencies, not needed anymore.
- GUI: Showing AGC gating the same way as for compressors
- GUI: Low Latency monitoring: CPU usage display added.
- GUI: Added 'Hear' buttons to listen to the output upto this point.
- GUI: Fixed synchronization issue between meters, scopes and audio.
- GUI: Help pop-ups also work on Mac OS X now.
- GUI: Renamed PNR Noise & Hum to Dehummer.
- Web server: Multi-threading added. Now handles upto 10 requests simultaneously.
- Web server: no-cache added to objects.js.
- Web server: Automatically add index.html if a directory is specified.
- Web interface: Added white list for logging in.
- Web interface: Added spectrum display for Delossifier and Absolute Highs.
- Web interface: Buttons didn't work.
- Generic plugin: Added option to make the plugin access input and output sound cards (Windows only).
- Bug fix: Potential crash in ASIO when changing channels fixed.
- Bug fix: Potential crash when zooming waveforms fixed.
- Bug fix: Latency with ASIO was not fully predictable on restarts. Fixed, allows for slightly lower latencies.

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 8.12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Bug reports:
- 1 channel audio files are not being processed, causing silence on air (plugin version). More than 2 channels will fail as well.
- Using ASIO for I/O, 192 kHz, non-ASIO Normal output, the Normal output receives 48 kHz audio instead of 192 kHz audio, causing constant buffer underruns, when 'Input without processing' is selected as Normal output source.
- SST: "Clip L/R peaks above" is always disabled, ON/OFF must be automatic based on slider setting.
- CPU core affinities Main 1 and 2 are not saved correctly (overwritten by LQLL affinity settings).
- SST: Composite Clipper must be on by default.
- Volume drop when using old Calibration settings.
- VST plugin: Added check to avoid crashes when the Process function gets called with a negative number of samples (Wavosaur does this with empty files).
- SST: Add presets
- Gate vs Gate Freeze ranges were different, causing sliders to go outside of their range.
- ASIO doesn't seem to work well with 'Ignore high frequencies'; glitches. --> Don't see that here, did anyone else notice this? Possibly fixed - priorities were missing
- Glitches every 10 seconds reported - Possibly fixed - priorities were missing
- SYNC BUG Aaron Jowitt - I wonder if this could be the priority issue as well.
- near05: I have found a bug in the last VST version. If you use the 32-bit VST version in the latest Nightly Build of Audacity then it crashes in the following circumstances: Load some FM preset. Disable the FM module, and then change the number of threads in the CPU settings. The first time is also problem-free. Now open another file in Audacity. If you now want to re-apply the StereoTool (Play button in the plugin or the Apply button), then the whole application freezes and everything crashes in sequence. --> Audacity currently won't run on my laptop for some reason (it hangs on startup), I've tried this in Audition and didn't see any problem there.
- VST version doesn't work in Wavosaur -> Works fine here, waiting for more feedback.
- VLC issues?
- Report (Dutch language forum): Enabling web interface in the 32 bit version crashes. 64 bit is fine.
- SST: Slider precision --> OHW
- SST: Preset list is sometimes empty, requires an SST restart (not sure if a reload of the GUI would help too, more input needed). --> Cause known, moved to OHW
- SST: Add Brian's presets

Working on:
- New compressor behavior with Wes Keene
- Check if Max Attack Speed (set to 0.5 dB) actually works - it doesn't seem to!
- Built-in self test for sound cards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:41 am 

8.12 is lovely!
Thank you for giving us the ability to register the Spectral Hole Filler! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:03 am 

Hi hans , there is a long time than i haven't try stereotool with declipper and other new feature such delosifier ,and with this feature ; "Framework: Added support for upto 7(+7) threads, works much better on slower CPU's with many cores." , i can use almost all feature on my not powerfull laptop !

I use 4 threads, and work perfect without glitch on sound !

Thank you hans for this. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:48 pm 

Hi,

Using this ST version with VLC input is almost impossible :(
During one day I have over 20 crashes with this.

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:51 pm 

I have found a bug in the last VST version. If you use the 32-bit VST version in the latest Nightly Build of Audacity then it crashes in the following circumstances:

Load some FM preset. Disable the FM module, and then change the number of threads in the CPU settings. The first time is also problem-free. Now open another file in Audacity. If you now want to re-apply the StereoTool (Play button in the plugin or the Apply button), then the whole application freezes and everything crashes in sequence.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:40 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi,

Regards
Is this different from before? I mean, are you sure that this is related to the new version, and that it's not caused by more network glitches fro example? Do you get an error message on crashes?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:35 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Regards
Is this different from before? I mean, are you sure that this is related to the new version, and that it's not caused by more network glitches fro example? Do you get an error message on crashes?
Maybe it's caused by network glitches but it should not crash - just only drop sound and play again. Sometimes I see erros message, I don't have print screens, sometimes ST just close without any info.
I older version like 7.84 it was better, I can test old again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:21 pm 

I have an i7 with six cores... cranked StereoTool up to six threads... just for fun...

No other changes to the STS.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:30 pm 

And what is the CPU load if it`s 1 thread ? Can you post that shot to see - i`m curious
And if possible - the preset to upload it