All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:35 pm 

I dropped the version in my SAM Broadcaster loaded my preset and everything sounds great.. no more tweaking for me at this point.

The overall sound is great good bass, very "stable" sound.

For those who want to hear my stream it's running now at: http://server3.ic-stream.nl:6272/listen.pls
i'm stopping the stream at 22:00

Comments are welcome...

Martijn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:14 am 
Site Admin

Here's yet another update. When using FM pre-emphasis, high amounts of high frequencies caused some MP3-like artifacts. This has been greatly reduced in the new version. The highs now sound both clearer and louder, with no effect on the rest of the sound.

Also, the output below the Loudness slider now shows if any pumping is introduced. (Basically, as long as the sliders remain nearly full, there should be very little effect on the sound - except that it gets louder.)

See the download page for the latest beta.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:19 pm 

Quote:
Here's yet another update. When using FM pre-emphasis, high amounts of high frequencies caused some MP3-like artifacts. This has been greatly reduced in the new version. The highs now sound both clearer and louder, with no effect on the rest of the sound.

Also, the output below the Loudness slider now shows if any pumping is introduced. (Basically, as long as the sliders remain nearly full, there should be very little effect on the sound - except that it gets louder.)

See the download page for the latest beta.
Hans

This is a good version, I like it.

After installing it, I had to change some of the settings(fine tunning) this took some time and a continuing process as I changed a setting in my EQ on my sound card.

I did manage to get an even 'bar display' with some of the changes in settings made for/with ST.
I did notice that the loudness bar seems to be always on the right and reddish in color. My loudness is at 1.

Would a screen shot of the ST display be of use when I am statisfied with the changes.

regards

mapleleaf

Since I am using "kernal streaming" I am also benefitting from the tweaks and functionality offered by it. Once I am statisfied with it I will email you screen shots of my sound card settings and

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm 

Quote:
I dropped the version in my SAM Broadcaster loaded my preset and everything sounds great.. no more tweaking for me at this point.

The overall sound is great good bass, very "stable" sound.

For those who want to hear my stream it's running now at: http://server3.ic-stream.nl:6272/listen.pls
i'm stopping the stream at 22:00

Comments are welcome...

Martijn
Hi ya!

I got in too late to listen but will when I get a further chance.

In addition to the tweaks that I have mentioned another is useful in general namely the use of a ramdrive.

I have a 500mb ramdrive that functions just like a HDD that I use for several other things BUT will test it out using SAM and ST together.

If you want info on th eramdrive just let me know and email me

regards

mapleleaf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

Mapleleaf, if your loudness is set to '1' you're not using it! You should see two very small bars below the Loudness slider, if you see only one you have an older version. With Loudness set to '1' both bars should be empty (white).

If you want quality, keep Loudness low (the higher you set it, the more the quality gets hurt, even though the effect is getting smaller with every update I'm creating).

By the way: I have discovered another improvement that will increase the level of high frequencies by 1-2 dB (if FM pre-emphasis is used at Loudness setting 3.0) while making them sound cleaner, which also decreases the pumping effects that are sometimes introduced by loud high frequencies. I'll create an update for that when I find some time (probably in a day or two).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:37 pm 

Quote:
Mapleleaf, if your loudness is set to '1' you're not using it! You should see two very small bars below the Loudness slider, if you see only one you have an older version. With Loudness set to '1' both bars should be empty (white).

If you want quality, keep Loudness low (the higher you set it, the more the quality gets hurt, even though the effect is getting smaller with every update I'm creating).

By the way: I have discovered another improvement that will increase the level of high frequencies by 1-2 dB (if FM pre-emphasis is used at Loudness setting 3.0) while making them sound cleaner, which also decreases the pumping effects that are sometimes introduced by loud high frequencies. I'll create an update for that when I find some time (probably in a day or two).
Hi Hans

Yes I see the two bars but they are always 'reddish' and maxed out no matter IF i set it to 1 or higher.

regards

mapleleaf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:54 pm 

Hello man :)
regards from me for this good work ...
Now ..... I`ve see the program ..test it and i`m glad to hear the good sound from the FM receiver . But now it`s time to make some real good money man ...and i have a great idea. If you intrerested please e-mail me at yovko82@yahoo.com ...or if you want i can write here in the forum ... this all is because i found that the work can be done again with software..but i cant write the program , that`s why me and you can make bussiness if you want

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:42 pm 

Hi all,

changed my settings a bit..

my stream is on again here's the url: http://server3.ic-stream.nl:6272/listen.pls

It will run the whole evening (stop's at approx 22:00)

Comment's are welcome.

/Martijn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:16 pm 

Quote:
Hi all,

my stream is on again here's the url: http://server3.ic-stream.nl:6272/listen.pls

/Martijn

Erg mooi

btw, i love the dutch beer called 'het kanon' :D

I noticed it is at 160kps stream and I am assuming it is an mp3 stream.

If you switch to acc+ stream @120kps you will have a quality equal to that of a 320kps mp3 stream and a 128kbps acc+ stream is cheaper.

Wimanp by default supports acc+ however one needs to add a plugin for windows media player which is free from
Orban at the following link http://www.orban.com/plugin/

While you at it may I suggest that you also visit Orban's free loudness meter at the following link
http://www.orban.com/meter/

I am certain that IF you switch over to an acc+ 128Kps stream you will be amazed.

I am not currently 'on=air' but you can get info from my web site(1st page about acc+)
http://www.mirana.net << optimized at 1280x1024 for IE7 only at the moment(converting it for FF3.0/3.1 compatibilty)

tot ziens

mapleleaf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Vamprecords: Klinkt lekker! Heb vanavond weinig tijd om te luisteren, maar wat ik tot nu toe hoor klinkt lekker krachtig. Gebruik je op dit moment Loudness? (En zo ja, hoe hard?)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next