All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tried it again, 7.84-002 and 7.84-007 both use 131 MB.
7.84-001 ? 7.83?
someone uses less. it was 94 and after i update goes to 132
7.70: 192
7.73: 130
7.83: 131
you right, i checked back all my versions... I dunno. Nevermind.!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
- Adding option to share band split/merge between multiple filters (starting with 2 MB's). This should reduce the CPU load a bit, but so far that doesn't really seem to be the case (14.5% to 14.3%).
Splitting into separate bands appears to be nearly free! That's kinda unexpected!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:06 am 

As mentioned before, I would also like to see a better solution for the Settings in the VST Plugin version.
Maybe an alternative build and a "legacy Version" would be a solution.
I know that it will make support and development harder but maybe that's the easiest for now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:28 am 

Hi Hans, I've been having a strange output problem with Stereo Tool winamp plugin using XMplay (you can find a link to download the program here: http://www.un4seen.com/), when I set the output of the program to 32-bits, when playing some songs that clip the audio output, I get strange cracks in the sound and the GUI shows some strange audio graphs, like the ones seen in the screen I'm attaching, is it some kind of bug in Stereo Tool or in the player itself?

Thank you very much, please continue your amazing work on the software is pretty nice :).

Attachments:
Image2.png
Image2.png [ 76.9 KiB | Viewed 6589 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:58 pm 

I found this in the help section about Ignore high frequencies:
About One exception is that for Stokkemask, a minimum frequency of 19200 must be set.

Maybe you could add a warning when stokkemask is enabled or limit setting to 19200 when stokkemask is enabled.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

I just added a todo item yesterday to automatically fill in the optimal frequency.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:12 am 
Site Admin

7.84 BETA008

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 84-008.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 84-008.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 84-008.dll

CHANGES:
- Fix PNR for VST plugins (at least partial fix).
- Add backup sound card support (sound card 1 switches to 2 after some silence).

PREVIOUS CHANGES:
- Bug fix: Non-phase linear de-emphasis was killing BS412.
- Show a warning when someone enables non-phase linear de-emphasis. Among others about peaks!
- Add function to Get parameter values for Generic plugin version
- Added 8 times oversampled non-phase linear Butterworth de-emphasis to match some hardware unit's pre-emphasis behavior.
- Some filter to clean up ringing artifacts when using steep bandpass filters contained an error which caused some clicking effects, mainly in low bass (This bug has probably been there since version 5.00!).
- BS412 didn't calculate the level correctly when using left/right output instead of MPX output, and when 'Pre-emphasized output' was not enabled. Fixed. This can have a big effect!

BUSY:
- Adding option to share band split/merge between multiple filters (starting with 2 MB's). This should reduce the CPU load a bit, but so far that doesn't really seem to be the case (14.5% to 14.3%).

TODO:
121. Automatic "Ignore high frequencies above" frequency selection. 19200 for composite, maximum lowpass freq + something for others. --> BAD, should be 19200 for Composite with Stokkemask, otherwise normal calculation! So check Stokkemask + Composite instead of just Composite.
- 2-band AGC is heavier than 2 Multibands in Analog mode (ow wait, that's splitting only, without compression!). That's crazy.
- Cleanup filter for artifacts is heavy too.
- Check if True Bass generates too low subs and if needed add HPF. -> Non-phase linear HPF is done before True Bass, the True Bass signal itself needs to be highpass filtered separately in this case! -> First improvement done, waiting for feedback.
- Add new presets

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:01 am 

Would it be possible to add a second Normal Output/have Normal Output output to two separate sound cards?

I'm thinking along the lines of a use case where we are processing sound for a web stream but also want to connect it via ASIO to local speakers/external monitoring. I appreciate you can use the the low latency output but this obviously has a different sound and might be used for other things...

Also, could StereoTool's ability to stream to Icecast2 servers be improved? At the moment I use a script with liquidsoap to generate the various streams from a virtual soundcard. I know there is VLC output but I have yet to get this working with Icecast2. I wonder if you could implement a liquidsoap option ;).

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:43 pm 

121. Automatic "Ignore high frequencies above" frequency selection. 19200 for composite, maximum lowpass freq + something for others.

What this suppose to mean ?
For FM we cannot set it below 19200 ?
Excuse me but it works superb at 16200 now even with all composite signal.

Why auto , when we can slide it ? Disable of the slider now ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:12 am 

Quote:
I wonder if you could implement a liquidsoap option ;).
+1. I totally agree. Liquidsoap is a pretty cool and open source piece of software that can generate streams and encode lots of codec out of the box (and for free), including MP3, FLAC and AAC (HE/LE...).

I was trying to make it work with StereoTool but couldn't make it work... This guy tried something but it just doesn't work with me and it sounds like a very clunky way to do it: https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussi ... ment_33484.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next