All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 am 
Site Admin

Jeroen made this preset to sound like the Dutch stations that use Orbans (and to my ears he got pretty close). But most stations here are at +8 dB MPX power, which is very loud - so all stations sounds terribly distorted. Lowering the level will also give you more bass, since bass is one of the first things to go when you increase loudness.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:21 am 

yup, you are right Hans, only radio 2 is for me acceptable in the Netherlands. Also the way of presentation (blabla) makes me fast fatigue, I'm sure the guys from Philips in the past didn't had this in mind when they introduced digital music on CD. Or I'm getting old :D
We in Belgium are a little more conservative in sound processing with the 8600's, altho I want to hear for fun radio Klara with dutch settings.
How would a acoustic concert sounds? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:16 am 

Radio S in Serbia (the biggest commercial station) has a very prominent and aggressive Optimod sound.
I'm remarking this because during major tragedies (such as the major flood about 2 years ago) radio stations here are only permitted to play music with "molar tonality", i.e. classical music and light instrumental music, to "honour the victims".
And imagine what the classical music sounded like on Radio S - utterly ridiculous! Unfortunately I don't have any recordings of it, but I can record how they sound on "normal" programming.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:40 pm 

Here is a recording of their normal programming. Unfortunately, the Android device I recorded the signal on didn't receive stereo because of the imperfect reception (it needs a very strong signal for stereo).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Uee6 ... sp=sharing
The recording contains 2 short music samples (at the beginning and at the end) and short news, weather and traffic reports.
Especially noticeable is the distorted voice from about 1:33 (weather and traffic reports).
Bojcha now has an SDR dongle so he may supply us with an MPX recording. He lives in the coverage area of their 102.9 transmitter. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:11 pm 

Heyy,

I have seen your preset and i have changed some stuff on it to let it sound like the current SLAM Preset :)
Let me know what you think about it!

Greetings, Max O
Radio Engineer at a local station.