All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:05 pm 

JesseG

Any particular reason why this wouldn't sound as good without the clipppers and Nat Dynamics?

I certainly would be interesting into trying a version that could probably ahcieve nearly the same sound without needing the nat dynamic license.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:23 pm 

You finally brought rich knowledge in here, great presets (of course).
With your experience from BB this isn't a discussion, keep up the good work brother.
Thanks Jesse 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:57 pm 

Jesse,

Incredible, as expected! You mentioned to me personally as well as in a Facebook thread about re-calibrating your presets to accommodate for the -18LUFS level from Replay Gaining audio files. Can you please add a post here or edit your OP with the methods of doing this? If I recall correctly, you calibrated it for -23LUFS, which is pretty close and probably would work ok, but ok isn't your style...

Thanks brother!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:45 am 

Nice Sound! ;)
Twin Cities Best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:28 pm 

Sound is aughful! Stereo tool 7.70 from the official site (DSP version). On 3 computers is the same - all Intel-based.
Will try to capture audio later.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:48 am 

Jesse,

Just wanted to say that the Minnesota Lakes version is great! It makes all music sound very clear and open. Please don't forget about these presets and continue to update them as ST gets updated.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:49 pm 

Quote:
Jesse,

Just wanted to say that the Minnesota Lakes version is great! It makes all music sound very clear and open. Please don't forget about these presets and continue to update them as ST gets updated.

Thanks again!

I totally agree.
In some songs seem to have problems of compression (some sounds come and go).
Improved dynamics in mp3 files
If stored in wav

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:14 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Jesse,

Thanks again!

I totally agree.
In some songs seem to have problems of compression (some sounds come and go).
Improved dynamics in mp3 files
If stored in wav
I hear this as well. I completely love the dynamics in the preset but it doesn't always sound consistent. If you try “Muse – Map of problematique” everytime the singer sings a word that starts with an S or an F it sounds like somebody is adjusting the treble button. I'm talking about the lakes version in 7.73

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:19 am 

Quote:
I hear this as well. I completely love the dynamics in the preset but it doesn't always sound consistent. If you try “Muse – Map of problematique” everytime the singer sings a word that starts with an S or an F it sounds like somebody is adjusting the treble button. I'm talking about the lakes version in 7.73
This is a known issue in the Analog mode of MB2. I understand Hans will be working on it at some point. Although it will change the characteristics in a big way, you could switch it to Digital might be able to avoid that sibilance ducking issue.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:54 pm 

Quote:
you could switch it to Digital
I wouldn't recommend doing that. Just use the "North" preset instead, which only uses the digital mode multiband.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next