All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

There are so many new presets that I'm getting lost... So, I want to ask your help to decide which presets should be included in version 7.51. At the same time I want to clean up old existing presets.

Removal of presets
I will remove all presets that still use the old multiband (those below and starting with Bojcha - Eu4ria II in all categories). But if there are others that I should remove, let me know. Stefan van der Wiele has already asked me to replace Hard Solution by his new Levels preset.

New presets
I have attached a .zip file with a lot of new presets that were posted here. I have removed some that clearly failed on some material, and normally that means that I only have a few left - but this time the number is a lot bigger - you preset makers appear to be getting better at it :)

In the end, it's not useful to have 5 nearly identical presets built-in, so I really only want to keep those that sound good and add something.

The following presets will definitely be included:
Bojcha - Unveil (FM & web, and HvZ mod, although that's not the one included in this list)
Jeff Prins - The Return (which is not yet finished, final version should arrive within a few days)
Jeroen Platenkamp - Centurion (FM & web, a somewhat strange preset which many people seem to like).

About Preda Liviu Dj-Liviux's preset (which is a mod of a preset by HC34): I kinda like this preset (it sounds good, and it's based on FM sound in Romania) but it does really weird things and I don't know if it fails on some material.

Note: Please use the zip file on top, I removed a number of presets today.

Attachments:
PRESETS_v751.zip [426.55 KiB]
Downloaded 591 times
PRESETS_v751.zip [452.75 KiB]
Downloaded 1056 times

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:25 pm 

Very good to hear about Unveil ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:11 pm 

Let me be strange! I Like centurion.

But what setup do people use etc?

Can only say for FM at this moment for my setup.

I can imagine that people would like indeed Preda Liviu Dj-Liviux's ( it's totally diffrent than the others, )
Centurion
Unveil
My own preset Monkey B

Noticed that some presets uses the old mb
What sounds better is a neverending story..

''Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.'' - Plato

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Noticed that some presets uses the old mb
What sounds better is a neverending story..
Ow. I missed that! Will remove them...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:15 pm 

That version in the zip is an old version, I've attached the latest one (and can you vote for your own preset? ;-))

Attachments:
Levels 0.74.sts [55.7 KiB]
Downloaded 472 times

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

Here's one that was missing from the .zip file but which I also want to consider.

Attachments:
RobertSack - 5Band_FMbrilliant_punchy MOD2.sts [60 KiB]
Downloaded 509 times

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:28 pm 

I'm glad that presets are being cleaned up. That's great! :)

One other thing. I wish there were more documentations around presets. Like a description for each preset would be good. It doesn't have to be long, just enough to know a bit more about the preset. (Something like this (at bottom of the page))

If it's already been done somewhere, I didn't find it and I would be happy to know where to find that.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:39 am 

I think that a clean up is a good idea! It feels like the preset list is getting a bit cluttered and its becoming hard to work with / decide where to start.

I'll admit that I'd also like to see a a one or two line commentary on the preset if that's a possibility. While I guess most people base their preset selection on what they hear, it would be nice to have an idea of what the designer was going for. I guess this could be something as simple as a sticky on the forums which one could refer to!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:26 pm 

I remember once :lol: ... viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4227&hilit=+description

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:55 am 

i think my old ones, except for te last one i sended private to you hans, can be removed, when i listen to the project i work on atm and then the old ones , their awfull :mrgreen: