All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:36 pm 

Hello, everyone.

I just finished a new preset, and gave it three flavours. It don't know if it's good for MP3's (it might sound bad), on FLAC it sounds alright. I strongly reccomend you use it with lossless sound sources.

Here goes - my personal favourite for about a couple of months now
Attachment:
A_Positron_FLAC6.sts [58.44 KiB]
Downloaded 446 times
Other flavours are
Attachment:
A_Positron_FLAC9.sts [58.45 KiB]
Downloaded 376 times
and
Attachment:
A_Positron_FLAC10.sts [58.45 KiB]
Downloaded 396 times

Tell me what you think...

Cheers !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 pm 

I normally dont download user presets but I decided to give yours a go because I remember you once made a 8000 preset which had a certain twist to it, it sounded interesting.
But this one (A_Positron_FLAC6) I dont like, first of all its got way too much midrange and upper midrange in it and I dont understand why you're still using the old multiband, what is it you can do in the old one that you cant do in the new one ? Also, too many bands, I've always said 6 is the maximum you should work with but you can sound really decent with 4 also.
Also, what is up with the eq ? In my view thats called eq abusing. If you're trying to go for a certain sound signature you should really try to perform it in the multiband. (granted, its kinda hard to do that in ST cause it lacks proper band coupling, doesnt have clippers and other goodies that the big boxes are equipped with).
But in the end, if you like it, well, thats all that matters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:32 pm 

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

It's OK not to like my preset, presets are like ear candy for some, neutral to most and garbage to others.
Believe it or not, i'm actually using stereo tool for sound processing as a DSP plugin in Winamp because... well, i like the commercial FM sound. A lot :)

Second, i like the classic multiband better, because it lacks certain response times compared to the new multiband. Although i like flat sound, after some time it gets kinda' boring so it's nice to have some spikes from time to time. As for the EQ abusing, you guessed it's for "that" sound signature.

The band coupling is not clear in classic multiband, i know. There's no clipper and no final peak remover. It just mimicks FM sound and, it actually performs alright on FM broadcast.