All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: R-Type
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:32 pm 

Personally i don't like agressive sound.
The reason for this is it's will makes you tired.

Here in Holland you have radio station 538.. Agressive sound!

This preset will sound like SkyRadio here in Holland.

Good job Bojcha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:05 pm 

Well.. point is not to be super compressed, but to still be competitive loud on FM. Here in my area some stations are recetly geta orbans.. and they just prove to myself that i am right about long therm listening, when i listen and compare our and theirs sound.

Btw, this preset is tuned as much as possible from MB to have very flat signal when you look scope. Sometimes peek level never reach to clipper (if you play some very compressed/loud track and declipper+Phase rotator off).. to preserve consistencty/RMS with loud vs dynamic input.
So, there IS room to push Advanced clipper bit more. Best would be actually 0.00 for clipper. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:39 pm 

Sounds good to me, good balance, personally I like a less compressed sound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:09 am 

Hello Bojcha,
The loudness of your preset is my preference, use similar values​​, does not generate too much ear fatigue (mainly female audience). It also lets you hear the music more detail, that of otherwise lost much.
For my taste, are using too much limitation on the MB, the ratios would decline slightly. It would sound more open, especially in the mids.
As always, good job! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:34 pm 

Nice, very good job!
A calibrated BS412-Version would be nice, too ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:00 pm 

Quote:
Hello Bojcha,
The loudness of your preset is my preference, use similar values​​, does not generate too much ear fatigue (mainly female audience). It also lets you hear the music more detail, that of otherwise lost much.
For my taste, are using too much limitation on the MB, the ratios would decline slightly. It would sound more open, especially in the mids.
As always, good job! ;)
tnx..
Limiters in MB are actually not limiters. They are clippers. Meaning, it will not strictly limit certain peek to adjusted level, some will go through.
Also, because decent range in MB, for audio with soft mids limiters need to be there for sudden bursts, since MB is relatively slow.

Quote:
Nice, very good job!
A calibrated BS412-Version would be nice, too ;)
Will try!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:59 am 

Uploaded beta19.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello Bojcha,
As always, good job! ;)
tnx..
Limiters in MB are actually not limiters. They are clippers. Meaning, it will not strictly limit certain peek to adjusted level, some will go through.
Also, because decent range in MB, for audio with soft mids limiters need to be there for sudden bursts, since MB is relatively slow.
I missed this part, in the days that I was not ... was about to ask about the limiter to Hans, because he understood a lot like acting, now I understand.
We need to work as a limiter to use to lower compressor overshoot.
I have not had time to test the new beta, but until the previous version is very difficult to keep in place when mids lacking bass.
In my preset, I had to modify various settings to try to keep them, using light compression.
I'll try a new beta soon. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:51 pm 

Personally, I like r16 better. I was able to offset the "excessive mid-highs" using the bass boost function and doing a side by side comparison, the resulting sound is fuller than r19. That's just my personal opinion though.

Also, why did you shut off multi-core processing on r19? Was it causing issues? Seems odd to shut it off since that can affect performance on slower multi-core CPU's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:26 pm 

Quote:
Personally, I like r16 better. I was able to offset the "excessive mid-highs" using the bass boost function and doing a side by side comparison, the resulting sound is fuller than r19. That's just my personal opinion though.
True, but you are now sending more bass amplitude to clipper!
Quote:
Also, why did you shut off multi-core processing on r19? Was it causing issues? Seems odd to shut it off since that can affect performance on slower multi-core CPU's.
It should be On, it's mistake.