All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 am 

Attached is the updated version of this preset. Declipper is already enabled. If using this for the GENERIC section, make sure to disable the pre-emphasis as well as the other standard things that are disabled.

Attachments:
File comment: * Reduced overshoots in "generic" mode.
Cobalt.sts [22.23 KiB]
Downloaded 445 times
File comment: * Older. Has more overshoots in "generic" mode (hard limit prevents overshoots in "web" mode).
old_Cobalt.sts [16.07 KiB]
Downloaded 355 times

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:18 pm 

I have updated this preset for version 7.04. The "old" file is what I had previously posted. The "Cobalt.sts" is the current version.

Notes:

- Sound is mostly unchanged for "web" preset section.

- Overshoots are reduced for the "generic" preset section. The track I noticed overshoots with is Blue Foundation - As I Moved On. This track is difficult to eliminate overshoots, that's why I'm only saying it's been reduced. There are still some overshoots in that track, but other presets also overshoot with the same track.

- The updated preset still uses the "Classic" singleband. I cannot effectively test the "new" singleband due to high CPU load. It is possible that using the "new" singleband might take care of some more overshoots, but I don't know. Feel free to try if you'd like.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:42 pm 

Just a note to say that what I posted the other day is going to be the final update to this preset.

If anyone likes the sound, and would like to port it to the new multiband / new singleband format, feel free to do so, as I cannot due to not having enough processing power.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 pm 

I've been able to remove most, if not all, overshoots in generic mode, so I'm posting this update.

I also geared the sound to have a bit more highs, as that seems to be preferred by quite a few people. The sound should be the same loudness as the version I posted just before this one. The preset built-in to the latest versions of StereoTool is extremely out of date, so I hope it gets updated.

This is designed to replace all previous versions of Cobalt and uses the "classic" filters. The reason for using the classic filters is because, at least for 1MB L2 cache per core machines, the classic filters produce a very similar sound to the new filters, but with a lower demand on system resources (CPU clock, CPU cache).

Attachments:
CobaltClassic.sts [43.05 KiB]
Downloaded 349 times

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:03 pm 

Another, and hopefully final, update.

This version incorporates the newer declipper defaults, as well as some changes in AGC and multiband to try to further address overshoots. Despite the previous update, I discovered more overshoots in a few other tracks.

Also, as I've been discussing elsewhere, this version attempts to make Thriller sound a bit better.

Volume levels are within 0.25 dB of previous for generic, and within 0.10 dB for web.

Attachments:
CobaltClassic2.sts [48.6 KiB]
Downloaded 362 times