All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:02 pm 

Checked my presets at someones place who only uses the bass/treble settings on his amplifier without equalizer (so no smiley setting there running). But his boxes have already a smooth/bassy/clear sound, so he only has the bass set to 80% and the treble to 70%. Everything works fine with my presets, no matter if someone uses a smiley setting or another one.

So it's a myth, that was built here by some users, for whatever reasons (maybe fear of competition?), that my preset only works with someone using an equalizer with a "smiley". But of course, my presets ONLY work with someone already shaping the sound with an equalizer or bass/treble setting on his amplifier. It was never intended to replace that, it's only an enhancement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:20 pm 

Quote:
Checked my presets at someones place who only uses the bass/treble settings on his amplifier without equalizer (so no smiley setting there running). But his boxes have already a smooth/bassy/clear sound, so he only has the bass set to 80% and the treble to 70%. Everything works fine with my presets, no matter if someone uses a smiley setting or another one.

So it's a myth, that was built here by some users, for whatever reasons (maybe fear of competition?),
I told you that my objections were to the monster-compressor preset, which you have since removed. I have since praised the future work that you did, although I held back on suggestions because I realized from the previous discussion that suggestions are not welcome.

The irony is that these presets that you are defending have been gradually moving towards the same sound profile of others, which you previously said were terrible... I think you said that you were "not impressed". Suddenly though, you're defending that sound...

As much as you claim that things are "subjective" and you have your opinion, you fail to realize that others are also entitled to their opinion, apparently unless they match up with yours.

Attached is the original monster-compressor preset, so that the history of the issue is not rewritten.

Attachments:
monster-compressor.zip [2.91 KiB]
Downloaded 760 times

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:30 pm 

New version (see first post for download):
Quote:
Version 02.12.2011 (for (6.20):

- "Wet" + "Dry":
- slight encrease of 90Hz for more punch with base drums.
- slight decrease of 2.8kHz-15kHz for less "messy", less "cold" sound on some systems.
- New preset "Plain":
- Setting without multiband compressor.
- Keeping the original music sound, but keeping it loud (auto gain).
- Slight bass boost.
- Slight single band compression.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:12 pm 

New release, see first posting for download:
Quote:
Version 2012.01.07 (for 6.20)

Setting "Wet" + "Dry":
- More voice protection

New Setting "MOD Files (ProTracker)"
- Special setting for music sources coming from the Amiga ProTracker MOD file format:
About: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOD_(file_format)
MOD music repository: http://modarchive.org/
- Based on setting "Wet"
- Converts the 4 sound channels (2 left, 2 right) into pseudo stereo
- Enhances the low quality 8 bits sample sound

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:35 am 

Added a new version (see first post for download):
Quote:
Setting "MOD Files (ProTracker)":
- Only slight Auto Gain due to too much volume pumping

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:44 am 

New version, see first post for download:
Quote:
Setting "MOD Files (ProTracker)":
- Frequencies >5.5kHz enhanced for clearer sound
- AGC target output level encreased for more compression

New Setting "Talk Podcasts"
- Special setting for preparing Talk Podcasts (usually badly encoded MP3 with a low volume) for using on a MP3 player
- Pushes the speakers to the loudest volume, so you can save energy on your MP3 player by keeping the volume setting low and helps protecting from environment noises around the headphones.
- Kept as simple as possible, so processing long MP3 files (30-60 minutes) is as fast as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:08 am 

Quote:
Version 2012.01.27 (for 6.21)

Setting "Wet" + "Dry":
- Encreased single band compression for louder sound

Setting "Wet":
- Frequencies >10k slightly decreased because on some systems the music sounded too "sharp", not clear.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:42 am 

New version out. See first post for download:
Quote:
Version 2012.02.04 (for 6.21)

+ Setting "Remaster":
Special setting for finalizing a music track for release as MP3 or burning on CD. This setting has no AGC auto gain but uses only the multiband compressor to create the final frequency set: A warm, smooth, clear and clean sound. Music which is already mixed like that won't change much. Music with a complete different frequency mix will sometimes change completly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 pm 

Quote:
Version 2012.02.05 (for 6.21)

Setting "Remaster":
- Finetuning of the frequency processing: Less sharp spikes in the frequencies >5.5kHz.
- Competly removed single band compression. Post processing compressors have to do that (for radio streaming for example).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:36 pm 

Quote:
Version 2012.02.12 (for 6.21)

c Setting "Remaster":
- Enabled slight noise gate (again)
- Finetuning for better usage of full volume range after pre-amp and for more bass punch/cleaner sound.

c Setting "MOD Files":
- Finetuning for more bass punch/cleaner sound.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next