All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
 Post subject: Re: Maximizer Presets
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:58 pm 

Quote:
I layed out, what I want to accomplish with my preset. If you are able to offer help to get to that goal best, then please comment and I listen. If you only have to say: "I dont like", pls don't expect me to care about that, as tastes differs. If you don't like to hear music that way: No one forces you to use my presets, have a nice day. ;)
There's already a preset for what you seem to be wanting... Try "Laza - Warm & Smooth". You can follow that and change to have less bass and more mids...as you seem to not like much bass, and you seem to also like extra mids.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:26 pm 

I went through the default presets and I didnt like any of them to actually permanently use it, so I decided to make my own.

My preset runs on systems with the frequencies around 40Hz and 15kHz highly emphasized and around 690Hz highly reduced, with loudness enabled. So if someone has already set the equalizer of his stereo system to a warm/clear sound with bass and treble up and midst down for everydays music from various sources like TV, DVD, CD, Vinyl, Radio or Tape, my preset doesn't interfere with that. WinAmp with the various MP3 files (and its various recording quality) fits smoothly into there then now with my preset (at least that's my goal).

But I am still not completly pleased, so the preset is going to be tweaked the next days.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm 

Okay, I added the latest version to the first posting. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:59 pm 

I created an update (for download go to the first posting):
Quote:
- Added preset "Loud and Smooth": This preset keeps much more the dynamics of the original sound, smoothes the frequencies, pushes the sound to the loudest level.
[edit] 9:22 pm - Uploaded a little finetuned update (a little further enhanced dynamics within the the sound).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:21 pm 

New version (see first post for download):
Quote:
Version 09.11.2011 (for 6.20)
- Preset "Loud and Smooth" further finetuned (more "clear" sound):
* Pre-Amp encreased to 15.5dB for recordings with very low volume.
* "Pumping" effect fixed
* Overall compression decreased
* 340 to 2.8kHz: Compression further decreased
* 340 to 2.8kHz: Max volume decreased
* 15kHz: Max volume encreased
* Stereo width encreased

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 pm 

New version (s. first post for upload):
Quote:
- Preset "Soft", "Extreme" removed.
- Preset "For All" renamed to "Wet"
- Preset "Loud and and Smooth" renamed to "Dry"
- Preset "Dry"
*Pre-Amp slightly encreased to even more support recordings with low volume.
* 690Hz to 1.4kHz: Slightly encreased for singing voices
- Preset "Wet"
* 690Hz to 1.4kHz: Slightly encreased for singing voices
[edit] Also changed Preset "Wet" in todays version.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:11 am 

Quote:
I want to have a preset which I can feed my various MP3 files to and that makes them all sound nice and loud - like a normal radio station does with the different music tracks, from whatever source and recording quality.
I've been downloading these, but not commenting, until now... :)

I picked this quote, because I had initially commented about the "monster-compressor" preset. The direction you've taken since then has been moving closer and closer to the sound profile of presets from me, Bojcha, achecz, and others. Most of the difference now between this and mine is yours does not have as much bass, which is ok, since not everyone likes as much bass. Odds are, yours has more dynamic range too, as you're not using loudness.

Anyway, the most recent stuff is vastly different from what you originally posted. I would say it's vastly better, but I suppose we'd still go back to different tastes...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:18 pm 

Quote:
Most of the difference now between this and mine is yours does not have as much bass, which is ok, since not everyone likes as much bass.
Well, when I play my presets on my stereo equipments, I have a lot of bass. But I prefer the warm bass frequencies around 40Hz and not the more "plastic", "hollow" sounding frequencies around 90Hz. I also decrease the frequencies around 10kHz, as they make a sharp hissing sound, that almost hurt in my ears, but I put more emphazis on the 15kHz frequencies, as they make the sound clear and detailed. The frequencies from 340Hz to 5.5kHz I try to keep as down as possible, since I find the midst make the music sound "metallic" and 5.5kHz make it sound "cold", but I see the problem of loudness and vocals, when they are too much down. It's all pretty much reflected here:

And the sound of my presets runs at my home through a graphic equalizer setting almost like this one:
http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/storag ... -35-02.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:02 pm 

Quote:
And the sound of my presets runs at my home through a graphic equalizer setting almost like this one:
http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/storag ... -35-02.JPG
That explains a lot... That's the traditional "smiley face" equalizer setting. It goes negative in the vocal range of the mids, which is likely why you don't think the mids in "monster-compressor" were too much, because your EQ setting attenuates them.

You should take a look at the frequency chart here:

http://www.independentrecording.net/irn ... isplay.htm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:03 am 

Quote:
That explains a lot... That's the traditional "smiley face" equalizer setting.
Well, since it's a popular setting, it's not so bad to align the preset to it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next