All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:25 pm 

I was trying to make Stereo tool suitable for an old laptop I have and I came up with this preset. It uses up to 30% on a dual core celeron@1.5Ghz, depending on your "Resource usage" settings in Application settings.

Attachments:
Martin Petrov's Low CPU usage preset Final.sts [165.77 KiB]
Downloaded 11 times

Last edited by mkpetrov on Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:48 am 

Dam this setting is amazing 2nd best setting IMO. Suggestions turn down the bass and mid highs just a little and it will be perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:15 am 

Quote:
Dam this setting is amazing 2nd best setting IMO. Suggestions turn down the bass and mid highs just a little and it will be perfect.
Thanks, can't really compete with the presets made without low CPU usage in mind, but for this scenario it really can't get much better than that. Here's an updated version with the changes you suggested. :) If it's not right, then I could add another band to the multiband processor to make highs compression more precise at the cost of just a little more cpu usage.

Attachments:
Martin Petrov's Low CPU usage preset v2.sts [165.2 KiB]
Downloaded 41 times

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, can't really compete with the presets made without low CPU usage in mind, but for this scenario it really can't get much better than that. Here's an updated version with the changes you suggested. :) If it's not right, then I could add another band to the multiband processor to make highs compression more precise at the cost of just a little more cpu usage.
It sounds better one more small suggestion it is like 2db too loud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am 

Just double-checked the advanced clipper and the volume there seems to be set fine. The post-processing/post-amp volume is a matter of personal needs/preferences and can be set accordingly in "processing" section.
Actually when i first posted the second version, it was set at -6 by mistake and then I re-uploaded it with the right volume. So if anyone downloaded it earlier and found it quiet, should adjust the post-0amp ot just download the fixed version. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:34 am 

Like Bojcha I decided to experiment with 3 bands on the compressor and I got even better results than in my previous version. The AGC still uses 4 bands as it has close to 0 impact on cpu usage. :)

Attachments:
Martin Petrov's Low CPU usage preset v3.sts [165.76 KiB]
Downloaded 22 times

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 am 

And v4 with further improvements i made in AGC, it now has more natural sound image. :)

Attachments:
Martin Petrov's Low CPU usage preset v4.sts [165.75 KiB]
Downloaded 37 times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:06 am 

Quote:
And v4 with further improvements i made in AGC, it now has more natural sound image. :)
IMO this version Mids Highs and Treble are little to high for my liking