All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:11 am 

Hi, I have a preset, can somebody to help me to tweak this better, for a good sound, this would be for a radio over internet for 80s, 90s hits and live shows. I would prefer a good dynamic and bass for voice.

Attachments:
Radio Koko Lite.sts [179.76 KiB]
Downloaded 61 times

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:45 pm 

Read the private message I sent you and answer me.
Quote:
Hi, I have a preset, can somebody to help me to tweak this better, for a good sound, this would be for a radio over internet for 80s, 90s hits and live shows. I would prefer a good dynamic and bass for voice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:03 am 

What sorcery is this?! Sounds amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:17 am 

Hi. It sounds good generally, I'm only finding some problems with bass. It's "pumping" on some songs and a little shallow. It sounds deeper with bass correction and the parametric EQ in AGC's side-chain turned on.
The pumping seems to come mostly from too high drive volume on multiband 1. I lowered it and raised output volume to compensate. Here's the fix i can offer :) :

Attachments:
Radio Koko Lite+fixes.sts [161.75 KiB]
Downloaded 61 times

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:24 am 

Thank U. Can u modify to be compressed to 0 db, like an FM radio? (i need a little bit louder how is now). Maybe u can boost a little bit stereo effect and little bit more bass to voice?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:26 pm 

Back in the nineties, when I lived by chance in Istria, Croatia, I was on the border with Italy, and at that time Italian radio stations were breaking out the fm radio signal network. It was so that it was such a mess of theirs in the fm network that I have never seen anything like that in my life. So, moving the antenna, you got an overlap with their radio stations, so it happened that they overlapped with their huge forces and the antennas of the Croatian radio stations that were there. Now that Croatia is part of the European Union, I think they have put it in order. Back then there were processors that were both loud and pumped up so it was irritating to hear such tones. I was a child then, and I was amazed at how I could hear the radio station so loudly, but I couldn't hear the Croatian radio stations so loudly. Back then, everything that sounded different than normal was actually good. However, since 2000, a lot has changed. Now it is no longer fashionable for the sound to be as loud as possible, but wider and better quality with some modern tone level. My taste is that I honestly don't like the too loud tone on the fm network because of the distortion of the tone when the fm signal is weak. I like some moderate sound pumping but not too much and not aggressive. I explained everything to you in a private message, so I would ask you to read it because it is very long. I explained a lot to you there. However, when I remember that time of Italian radio stations, sometimes I get really nostalgic to hear those distortions from those loud tones back then. This preset of yours is perfection for that sound. Imagine when you hear a voice, it's the same modulation as if you heard it from a box. that sound was especially used in the nineties. Even now Naxi Radio from Belgrade has a similar sound, but not as boxy as what I used to hear on Italian radio stations. later Croatian radio stations Zagreb 1 and 2 will adapt to this until 3 years ago when they changed the sound processors and now they work completely differently and more modern than as I described a little before.
Quote:
Thank U. Can u modify to be compressed to 0 db, like an FM radio? (i need a little bit louder how is now). Maybe u can boost a little bit stereo effect and little bit more bass to voice?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:30 pm 

Well, I forgot to send you one such pre-made setting that sounds like those times of those Italian radio stations. THAT is the modification that martin made of alexsis's settings, only martin did this to make it sound like those nostalgic Italian radio stations. Try to speak as a voice through the microphone through these settings and you will hear exactly that boxy tone that I am writing about here. I think, Martin, that this tone should be called the nostalgia of the 90s radio stations. It really sounds like it. Just like in those days, a better processor without distortions, but at that time, this particular preset that I am sending you was the best sound of the 90s in those years. Martin, you couldn't have done a better imitation of those 90 years of Italian radio stations, but with the best sound of those times. Listen to you and try your microphone on these settings as well as music.
https://mega.nz/file/2Ysi0C6R#sjrDMESQj ... eHob67jMbk
Quote:
Back in the nineties, when I lived by chance in Istria, Croatia, I was on the border with Italy, and at that time Italian radio stations were breaking out the fm radio signal network. It was so that it was such a mess of theirs in the fm network that I have never seen anything like that in my life. So, moving the antenna, you got an overlap with their radio stations, so it happened that they overlapped with their huge forces and the antennas of the Croatian radio stations that were there. Now that Croatia is part of the European Union, I think they have put it in order. Back then there were processors that were both loud and pumped up so it was irritating to hear such tones. I was a child then, and I was amazed at how I could hear the radio station so loudly, but I couldn't hear the Croatian radio stations so loudly. Back then, everything that sounded different than normal was actually good. However, since 2000, a lot has changed. Now it is no longer fashionable for the sound to be as loud as possible, but wider and better quality with some modern tone level. My taste is that I honestly don't like the too loud tone on the fm network because of the distortion of the tone when the fm signal is weak. I like some moderate sound pumping but not too much and not aggressive. I explained everything to you in a private message, so I would ask you to read it because it is very long. I explained a lot to you there. However, when I remember that time of Italian radio stations, sometimes I get really nostalgic to hear those distortions from those loud tones back then. This preset of yours is perfection for that sound. Imagine when you hear a voice, it's the same modulation as if you heard it from a box. that sound was especially used in the nineties. Even now Naxi Radio from Belgrade has a similar sound, but not as boxy as what I used to hear on Italian radio stations. later Croatian radio stations Zagreb 1 and 2 will adapt to this until 3 years ago when they changed the sound processors and now they work completely differently and more modern than as I described a little before.
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:00 pm 

Quote:
From experimenting on my preset I couldn't get decent results using multiband at 0db - there was distortion, inconsistency etc. I adjusted it to some extent with higher value and added more density instead+stereo improvements. It doesn't seem to add distortion and pumping is further improved/potentially gone.

Attachments:
Radio Koko Lite+more density+more stereo.sts [161.83 KiB]
Downloaded 71 times

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:06 am 

Martin: If I understood correctly, he likes quite aggressive tones and I respect that, that's his taste. That's why I prepared a rar file for him and a surprise, it's our party king of presets and his name is duman. I like to use his presets when I'm making a party or when I take off my hearing aids and want to listen to music through the speakers and make it loud so he can hear everything well.
I suggest you listen to Duman's presets. Maybe you like this kind of aggressive sound. For me, after Martin's settings, which he made for Kalman, it worked fine. Because it has exactly that aggressiveness and pumping when I want to relax a little and feel like I'm at a concert. 1 is for older versions of stereo tool and 2 is for adaptive compressor and newer version 10.21
The download link is:
https://mega.nz/file/KR1CxAha#FuXAhAGcS ... WSaKME0xug
Let me know what you think about this one. I hope you like this Martin.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:23 am 

Quote:
Martin: If I understood correctly, he likes quite aggressive tones and I respect that, that's his taste. That's why I prepared a rar file for him and a surprise, it's our party king of presets and his name is duman. I like to use his presets when I'm making a party or when I take off my hearing aids and want to listen to music through the speakers and make it loud so he can hear everything well.
I suggest you listen to Duman's presets. Maybe you like this kind of aggressive sound. For me, after Martin's settings, which he made for Kalman, it worked fine. Because it has exactly that aggressiveness and pumping when I want to relax a little and feel like I'm at a concert. 1 is for older versions of stereo tool and 2 is for adaptive compressor and newer version 10.21
The download link is:
https://mega.nz/file/KR1CxAha#FuXAhAGcS ... WSaKME0xug
Let me know what you think about this one. I hope you like this Martin.
I also listen through my speakers and maybe that's why I also prefer this kind of presets (They are also good when dealing with bad processing from online streaming or just weirder songs with tiny bass or vocals). Comparing the presets, i find Duman's 1.9 to sound similar to my "Uncompressed" preset, but with a little less treble. The Adaptive/2.0 version seems to have lesser treble and openness.