All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 am 

It's hard to improve on well close to perfection but this is Bojcha's great Studio One preset adjusted for a FM nonstop house station.

Input level best at around -6 dB.

Extra drive Composite clipper: +1.00 dB.

House One XL preset

Louder and more bass.

Multiple RDS RadioTexts

This is a way to have more changing RDS RadioTexts than the standard A and B ones, with the help of taskt, a free automation program.

I have made a simple example and instructions to set it up in the zip attached.

Attachments:
File comment: House One v1.3
House One v1.3.zip [129.07 KiB]
Downloaded 56 times
File comment: House One XL
House One XL.zip [131.66 KiB]
Downloaded 51 times
File comment: RDS RadioTexts
RDS RadioTexts.zip [2.69 KiB]
Downloaded 31 times

Last edited by dkr on Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject: Re: House One (FM)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:03 pm 

This is quite impressive. I thought nothing could beat the DJ Noah's AC preset and the Ohio Valley Blue (I've tested the original studio one preset, but it sounds too anemic on my equipment), but this one sounds even better for any genre i've tested so far - very punchy, very rich vocals and very crisp highs.
I also enabled the delossifier and absolute highs (Also tweaked the wideband compressor - at -18 threshold and +10-12dB Drive it sounds even better here), which made it a little resource-intensive, but definitely worth it. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:41 pm 

Thanks, the tracks that are played by the station are almost all .wav so no Delossifier licence, but I will try your other settings next weekend and if it sounds better to me too update the preset.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:03 pm 

These settings are decent IMO drop the treble a little and drop the volume like 3 to 5 db.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:44 am 

Sorry for the somewhat late reply but i was a bit busy the last couple of days.
Quote:
These settings are decent IMO drop the treble a little and drop the volume like 3 to 5 db.
Thanks, this preset is made for FM and most transmitters need a bit more treble and it's ment to be loud.
Quote:
This is quite impressive. I thought nothing could beat the DJ Noah's AC preset and the Ohio Valley Blue (I've tested the original studio one preset, but it sounds too anemic on my equipment), but this one sounds even better for any genre i've tested so far - very punchy, very rich vocals and very crisp highs.
I also enabled the delossifier and absolute highs (Also tweaked the wideband compressor - at -18 threshold and +10-12dB Drive it sounds even better here), which made it a little resource-intensive, but definitely worth it. 8-)
Had a look at your settings, regarding the Absolute highs, it's the same as with Delossifier the station only plays .wav tracks from the last 15 years or so and your settings for the Wideband compressor are a bit too much for me.

I have made a couple of changes so I attached a new version to the first post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:54 am 

This now sounds much better and wider. However, since I am blind and use a screen reader there are some things that we who cannot see can do. In adjusting the processing, it is now possible to do a lot of things that could not be done before with the older version of stereo tool, and I mean 9.1. However, when adjusting fm and some graphic displays, a person who can see is still needed. In my opinion, the best sound I've heard so far, and it's done, and I've listened to a lot of pre-set settings for Balkan music, the best sounds Xmas Sensation 2022 Bojcha HD.sts
That preset really sounds so good there's no going on. Since in the Music of the former Yugoslavia, especially Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, and I mean folk as well as domestic entertainment, there are singers with great vocal capabilities. In such songs, it happens that, for example, a strong vocalist silences part of the music that is playing. This is also the case with the House One v1.1.sts preset, which sounds quite good, but when the singer lowers his voice, the music is muted. Bojan knows this well when he made the pre-made setting Xmas Sensation 2022 Bojcha HD.sts
He also guided you to make sure that the emphasized vocals do not silence the music and at the same time that the music is equal. This is very important for Balkan music, because I noticed this problem on a lot of presets.
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, this preset is made for FM and most transmitters need a bit more treble and it's ment to be loud.
Quote:
Had a look at your settings, regarding the Absolute highs, it's the same as with Delossifier the station only plays .wav tracks from the last 15 years or so and your settings for the Wideband compressor are a bit too much for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:01 am 

This google translator translates strangely, and I said in the previous post that I like the sound the most because of the Balkan music Xmas Sensation 2022 Bojcha HD.sts
And he translates into English because I don't like the sound hahahaha. Google translator knows little to make mistakes. It really is the best done preset for Balkan music. In the previous post, I described the case of vocals.
Quote:
This now sounds much better and wider. However, since I am blind and use a screen reader there are some things that we who cannot see can do. In adjusting the processing, it is now possible to do a lot of things that could not be done before with the older version of stereo tool, and I mean 9.1. However, when adjusting fm and some graphic displays, a person who can see is still needed. In my opinion, the best sound I've heard so far, and it's done, and I've listened to a lot of pre-set settings for Balkan music, the best sounds Xmas Sensation 2022 Bojcha HD.sts
That preset really sounds so good there's no going on. Since in the Music of the former Yugoslavia, especially Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, and I mean folk as well as domestic entertainment, there are singers with great vocal capabilities. In such songs, it happens that, for example, a strong vocalist silences part of the music that is playing. This is also the case with the House One v1.1.sts preset, which sounds quite good, but when the singer lowers his voice, the music is muted. Bojan knows this well when he made the pre-made setting Xmas Sensation 2022 Bojcha HD.sts
He also guided you to make sure that the emphasized vocals do not silence the music and at the same time that the music is equal. This is very important for Balkan music, because I noticed this problem on a lot of presets.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:55 pm 

Quote:
Thanks for the comment, maybe you can provide me with some example Balkan tracks where this is very obvious so I might be able to improve on this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:08 pm 

Below I am sending you a zipped file of mp3 files of older Yugoslav folk music, and pay attention to the drop in music on the following file names:06. Prođi samnom ispod duge.mp3
This is the original name of the file and in translation it means: 06. Walk with me under the rainbow.mp3. Below I am sending you a link to download the files, and the files are larger, so I sent them to the mega server. The link is:
https://mega.nz/file/HBEVkJZI#_-AZjWsiq ... IIPpQhcJBE
Listen to how it sounds and see what can be done there.
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the comment, maybe you can provide me with some example Balkan tracks where this is very obvious so I might be able to improve on this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:16 pm 

Hey, this is really good! Thanks for sharing. (I'm a house monkey too). You maybe lost a little too much treble with v1.1, but it sounds much better than v1 overall. Transparent. Like you're just listening to the music, but with a bit more oomph.